[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple announced the iPhone exactly 10 years ago tomorrow. Co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-01-08 15-14-00.jpg (279KB, 2002x878px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-08 15-14-00.jpg
279KB, 2002x878px
Apple announced the iPhone exactly 10 years ago tomorrow. Could /g/ admit that it was pioneer device for its time and is GOAT in terms of technology products?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN4U5FqrOdQ&feature=youtu.be&t=115
>>
>>58393964
I miss slideout physical landscape qwerty keyboards.
>>
>works like magic
>>>/x/
>>
>>58393964
Shit was garbage and required multiple software and hardware updates to get on the level of normal phone vendors.

And as usual quite expensive
>>
Admissions:
- It's the best current Apple product
- The software is smooth and pretty good
- iMessage is nice to use if you know a lot of people with iPhones
- The cameras are always good for a phone
- They usually look pretty good

But honestly, in the 10 years since the iPhone has been in production, very little has changed aside from the performance. Apple's vision of a "smart"phone has fallen very far behind.
>>
>>58393964

What did he mean by patented?
>>
>>58393964
The first iPhone didn't have 3G which even my Symbian flip phone had. Keyboards were never a bad thing but it's easier to produce a device with just a screen so it catched on.

Installing external software was already possible but maybe the one unified store wasn't, so I'll give it that. I'll also give it the capacitive screen since I never liked resistive touchscreens.

After pushing those two good things they also made the tech world oversimplified where everyone just copies Apple and the advancement is slower because of that. Companies barely bother to make things before Apple makes them popular and Apple is painfully slow in progress.

I would dare to say that Apple has been more harmful to progress than it has been beneficial.
>>
>>58394026
>the first iPhone wasn't on the same level as the other phone vendors of that era

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>Patented!
>>
>>58394246
it wasn't tho. i worked for apple at the time. the first iphone was GSM/GPRS only. they knew they would sell shitloads. but they already had the 3G version almost ready when the first one came out. they have been doing the same built in obsolesence thing ever since.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.