[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you explain to me the phenomena of being a microsoft fanboy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: questionmarksgirl.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarksgirl.png
307KB, 500x500px
can you explain to me the phenomena of being a microsoft fanboy? I mean, they're literally the most soulless company in entire earth. what brings somebody to think to himself "yeah, I LOVE microsoft"?
>>
It's called being given money by microsoft to promote their products on 'social media sites' which I guess includes 4chan now
>>
sir please install windows 10 its very good
>>
sir please install windows 10 its very good
>>
Anecdotal, but one guy I knew from childhood was a lifelong Microsoft dicksucker and by the time he was in college did everything possible to get in there. He's high up in the company now, so I guess for some people, the attraction is to one day ride atop the beast
>>
>>58389397
The "M$" is not appreciated. I understand that sort of phrasing is common when referring to my company and its behavior especially in the past. Heck, I was guilty of it in college when I solely used Linux and hated on Microsoft products. But it's quite hurtful to me, my team, and all the engineers here like us who are working very hard every day to change how Microsoft operates and bring our products and community closer to yours. This company has come a long way in the past few years, and I'd like your help in embracing where we can go and what you and I can achieve together... not the missteps of former products and people here that might have colored your opinion. I wouldn't work here if I thought all that we did was for the money and nothing else. I hope that my team, my fellow Microsoft engineers, and I can change your opinion in that respect.
>>
>>58389397
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
File: (You).jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>58389528
https://github.com/Microsoft/BashOnWindows/issues/111#issuecomment-238302654
>>
Literally never seen one
>>
>>58389668
fucking kek
>>
>>58389712
this
>>
Microsoft actively rewards the most insistent shills financially and with free support. They're called "Microsoft Most Valued Professionals".

https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/
>>
>>58389668
lol'd
>>
>>58389397
Never seen a Microsoft fanboy unless you count the Xbox cult. But you're just talking about the Windows OS and well a lot of us like to play games. Have you seen the intelligence level of this board what makes you think that people are going to be able to figure-out how to use Linux?
>>
File: Linux.jpg (48KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
Linux.jpg
48KB, 500x425px
I like the way shit works on Windows. It's mostly stable and the gui is on point and at worst I have to meddle with regedit or services.msc once in a great while. The experience of using the OS itself is much more consistent than anything that's come out to replace it so far, and everything I care about runs on it. I would happily switch to Linux if it became genuinely design savvy, everything ran on it without emulation (this will never happen) or if I never had to input a single shell line.

I unironically like Windows and don't care about the reasons I'm supposed to stop liking things.
>>
Fuck it, I'll say it. Even though I use Linux, I'm kind of a Microsoft fanboy.

The SurfaceBook is fantastic. The Surface Studio is what the iMac wishes it was, especially for artists.

Visual Studio is a powerful IDE.

Excel, Powerpoint, and Word make OpenOffice look like junk and Google's
>>
>>58389861 here
sorry, clicked submit by accident.

Excel, Powerpoint, and Word make OpenOffice look like junk and Google's docs/slides/whatever is basically for children and made by children. I like LaTeX for documents better, but there is nothing close to as good as Excel.

Microsoft's window management, while not as good as Linux's, is way ahead of Apple's.

Windows Phone is easy and pleasant to use, even though it has no apps.

Windows now has a Linux subsystem, so they've clearly been listening to power users.
>>
For the most part they actually take note of consumer and professional use. They then tailor things for everyone to use without adding too much or stripping everything (like Macs). Across the board their hardware is also fairly nice (RROD did suck), but the surface line keeps innovating, moving Microsoft away from the stagnation that IBM reached. Yes they watch users, but who doesnt nowadays, it sucks but it's what they all do.
>>
>>58390073
>who doesnt nowadays,
Parabola GNU/Linux
gNewSense
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
>>
>>58390073
>Yes they watch users, but who doesnt nowadays, it sucks but it's what they all do.

TOP FUKKIN KEK
BACK TO 5CHAN-->
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.