[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does /g/ charge their extended family for IT work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How much does /g/ charge their extended family for IT work?

I was thinking of charging a cousin $30 to install a printer
>>
Charge roughly half of what a geeksquad type place would.

don't make the mistake of NOT charging them.
It's not about the money, it's about not being their little bitch.
>>
>>58385590

I should charge hourly too

$15 an hour or something
>>
>>58385635
Fuck I wish I had read this 10 years ago. It never fucking ends. I ended up just being an asshole to the point where they don't want to bother me about it. It's killed any potential relationship but I don't really care.

The hassle of doing tech support all the time for them was enough to never want to talk to them again.
>>
>>58385590
$125/hr.

I do this very specifically to NOT get calls about fixing broken shit.
>>
>>58385681

Nah, what you should have done is you should have gotten them to sign a contract that states the job is break/fix and not support
>>
>>58385590
nothing, because i refuse to do it

but most of my family know enough to handle the basics themselves
>>
>>58385590
Not friends and family but when I worked in IT we charged 120AUS/hr with a minimum call out of 45 mins.

>tfw charging some old biddy $99 to reset her facebook password
I would've felt bad but she was a bitch. I tried to walk her through it on the phone.
>>
>>58385590
I do it >for free almost all the time but I used to charge them with beer/meals when I was younger. It is usually just basic stuff that takes little time and is entertaining to me such as formatting computers/phones, installing software and setting up simple stuff. I enjoy getting full access to other people's computers and take a peek at their stuff.
>>
>>58385962
I kek'd
>>
Damn, some of you have some asshole family/friends.

I never charge. They're always grateful for the help, and understanding if I decline because what they're asking is genuinely impossible (like upgrade the GPU in a shitty old laptop) or I just don't feel like doing it.
>>
>>58385681
A combination of this and their computer sitting in a corner of my house for weeks on end before being repaired seems to have worked well for me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.