[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit /g/ did anyone else fall for the "gaming laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Holy shit /g/ did anyone else fall for the "gaming laptop meme"? I used a gaming laptop for over 4 years without ever realizing how shit they were. Paid about 2k for it and my experience was:

>Fans are super fucking loud and still don't cool the laptop enough since there's 0 fucking room to breathe inside.
>GPUs are garbage tier even if they're the latest "mobile GPU" model.
>After a year or so, the latest games run like shit with even on low settings.
>Keyboard feels like total shit.

Anyway I finally decided to upgrade. Chose to spend the same amount as before i.e. 2k. For that I got a GTX 1080, 144hz monitor, i7-6700k, ASUS z170-p, Liquid cooling, and a super nice tempered glass case. There's literally no comparison between this and a gaming laptop, no matter how much you blow on the laptop.

>Case looks amazing and has a ton of breathing room so it's always cool.
>GPU fans don't even need to run most of the time, and when they do they're very quiet.
>Every single game runs at 160 fps on Ultra settings.
>Gaming on a 144hz 24" monitor looks SO much better than a shitty 17" laptop screen.
>Desk looks so much neater and tidier with just 2 monitors + keyboard + mouse.

So tell me /g/, why would anyone EVER buy a gaming laptop? People are obviously purchasing them since all tons of companies are selling them and constantly updating their models. Unless you're so autismo that you just HAVE to take your gaming setup with you on vacation instead of using vacation time to be social and go outside there's just NO reason at all to buy a gaming laptop.

Pic kind of related.
>>
you can never go wrong with a low end laptop desu

gayming laptops are for stupid rich kids
>>
>>58378271
>fall for the x meme

no you are a retard and this is bait
>>
>>58378306
I already have a low end laptop. Bought an ASUS Zenbook with 13" screen and no fans so it's totally silent. Weighs like 2 lbs and is incredible.

Nobody is denying it's good to have a nice laptop. It's just there's no reason to invest in some 17" 15 lbs "gaming laptop" monstrosity.
>>
Highschooler with dumb parents and college student spending their loan money on shit they don't need.

A used T420, or any similar low level laptop and a desktop is going to be cheaper and far more useable than a gaming laptop.
>>
>>58378339
I've got a Zenbook flip. Extremely comfy media machine and excellent for emulating NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBC/GBA games.
>>
File: babycomputer.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
babycomputer.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
why tf would u play games outside of home can u not live without your precious games for a little bit?
i understand not having room but u can build super small desktops that obliterate laptops
>>
>>58378271
When people on /g/ laugh at you and tell you you're retarded for wanting a gamer laptop, maybe next time listen.
>>
I paid $1300CDN for mine, although really its just an ultrabook with a half decent video card, I dont even know why they call it a gaming laptop (dell inspiron 7559). There's nothing edgy about it, other than maybe the backlit keyboard.

I feel I've got my money's worth, I dont think I'd have a reason to spend any more on a laptop though
>>
>>58378271
>comparing laptop to desktop
of course desktop is going to be significantly better, what did you expect? Desktops don't have to deal with tight power and space limitations, so they obviously are indeed faster.

>falling for gaymen laptop meme even though probably everyone you asked told you not to
you probably learned this by now, but fast desktop and small lightweight laptop is the only true way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.