[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me one good fucking reason to use this piece of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: nodejs-logo.png (18KB, 424x274px) Image search: [Google]
nodejs-logo.png
18KB, 424x274px
give me one good fucking reason to use this piece of shit for anything.
>>
why? this isn't a node support forum.

why do you even want to solicit people to argue with you on something? i assume you use a language and framework that satisfices. what's this thread for?
>>
>>58368303
You can use poorly documented and buggy tools made with it to build web applications.
>>
>>58368303
front end tooling
basic scripts
cli tools

maybe some rest endpoints

but its not suitable to where you would use spring for example. however shitting on it is retarded.

let me tell you a story, i wanted to download a torrent out of a magnet, all the tools falled typed in npm install -g sometorrenttoolname and it just werked.
>>
>using node

Haha, just use PHP. It's literally easier to use than node, is way more mature, and you can lego together 99.999999% of your projects using free and open source components.

If your website ever got to the scale where "async" meme would be useful, you'd have the money to pay a team of professionals to build you a proper framework tailored to your project from scratch just like every other massive website out there.
>>
>>58368490
I am making it in node because I want to be that professional who can make things not because I'm just making some shit and if it flies i can hire people to do shit. That is what software engineering is is it not?
>>
>>58368551
The professional who can make things is using PHP and building components.

The guy using node is the one sitting in Starbucks for 6 months trying to figure out how to recolor his blog.
>>
>>58368303
>one good fucking reason to use this piece of shit
Jobs
>>
>>58368303
Tried using this on a few occasions and ended up going back to Python and Scala very quickly.

Does Node still not have a decent database API and/or ORM that works with many different (SQL) databases? The only ones I could find were half-baked shit --- poorly defined and error-prone from the start, and as soon as one needed something semi-complicated the documentation suggested just working around the limitations with raw SQL.
>>
>>58368605
Php is fractured and hopefully near death
>>
>>58368698
Just mongo, for SQL the support is there but nothing like Alchemy or the Scala drivers.
>>
>>58370580
SQLAlchemy is an insanely hard bar to top. If you've used it, you won't want to ever use another ORM because they're all shit in comparison
>>
>>58370620
I bet you have never tried ruby sequel.
>>
>>58368303
deezloader is a neat software, written in the node meme
>>
If you want to write a website that does more than just display information and let you fill out forms you need to write javascript anyway. Might as well use it in the backend as well, I guess.

I don't use any interpreted languages in the backend. And no runtimes either. I write all my server side aplications in Rust and C
>>
>>58368303
One language for client and server.
Its fast, simple and easy to use.
>>
File: [email protected] (381KB, 3768x3120px) Image search: [Google]
terminal-window@2x.png
381KB, 3768x3120px
Because then you can tweak the best OS
>>
>>58371328
That seems like a project where they came up with the logo first.
>>
>>58371372
Node-OS exists though https://node-os.com/
>>
>>58368328
>on 4chan
>not wanting to argue about random stuff or suggest people to kill themselves.
I hate 2017 already
>>
>>58368702
PHP won't die until the day there will be a Node-based CMS to kill Wordpress.

Wordpress is literally what keeps PHP alive.

Since there is no JS-based mainstream CMS, PHP continues to maintain a big market share of backends.
>>
>>58371817
What is magento
>>
File: stats.png (1MB, 467x800px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
1MB, 467x800px
>>58371856
>>
>>58371927
How does Django fit in to this? Is it a different type of software? (noob at web stuff)
>>
>>58371974
Django is a Python-based framework for backends, I think.

The picture above showed the most popular content management systems. Most of them are based on PHP.

Django is a backend framework, so it's more than just a CMS. There are CMSes based on Django, but they're not as popular as Wordpress.
>>
>>58368303
Seems like a good option if you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>58372065
Then Paypal is retarded for using Node.
>>
>>58372153
It is.
>>
>>58368303
You probably should is it for server side rendering if your frontend is in React, Vuejs etc.
>>
>>58372200
Too bad they didn't employ you for mad cash to teach them your ways.
>>
>>58368303

The reason I started exploring node.js is because JavaScript has been elevated to be the one and only one programming language on the web-client side, and thus is now a massively important language for the web -- so I had to learn it well anyway -- so it seemed natural to leverage my knowledge of it on the server side also.

I'm pretty happy with what web-server-side code looks like in node.js -- it's about as concise as I could imagine it being. The framework situation is obviously a work in progress, but eventually we'll get past this "new-framework-of-the-month" phase, and we'll start seeing one or two dominant frameworks become worthy of long-term investment. As for now, I just make sure that I stay away from any high-concept all-encompassing frameworks, and I use only lightweight, lower-level libraries.
>>
>>58371856
A complete clusterfuck, that's what. I've never, ever once had a good experience using that piece of shit. From setting it up, to maintaining it.
>>
>>58371856
A piece of shit, like most e commerce solutions.
>>
It's not bad at all and outperforms Java in several cases, the problem is that since JS is simple it leaves a door for idiots to start doing stuff in it, resulting in performance issues and dumb bugs etc
>>
>>58368303
It's comfy for scripting and lightweight servers.
>>
>>58373962
>It's not bad at all and outperforms Java in several cases
both is wrong
/thread
>>
>>58374004
>/thread's cuz he knows he's wrong and wants to shut me up
why so insecure lol?
>>
>>58368698
>not using loopback
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.