[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't have an Acer Predator 21X laptop what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>he doesn't have an Acer Predator 21X laptop

what's your excuse, /g/?
>>
its a meme
>>
Get out
>>
>>58368082
can't be arsed
>>
It's a failed abortion.
>>
I don't game and need battery life.

It's a nice laptop though. Although i find the design too edgy.
>>
>>58368101
>mechanical keyboard with lots of travel
>one of the few uses where curved is justified
>top tier hardware with amazing cooling
>easily replaceable parts

The only flaws are design (although some might like it) and maybe batterylife (though its quite good considering the hardware).

OPs question is legitimate. There is literally almost no reason for people to hate it(apart from the obvious gaymur meme).
>>
>>58368082
that looks like some stargate shit right there
>>
>>58368082
Because I have an m18x?
>>
>>58368167
>batterylife
Who cares about battery life on this kind of laptop?

I prefer it not having a battery and being lighter. This is basically a mobile desktop PC.
>>
>>58368167
>mechanical keyboard with lots of travel
I prefer scissor switches to cherries.
>one of the few uses where curved is justified
Fuck no
>top tier hardware with amazing cooling
That's a con. Laptops are portable machines, this one is fucking huge, extra thick because of the shitty curved screen and keyboard, hideous, and I don't even want to think about the battery life.
>easily replaceable parts

Not to mention the keyboard placement is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1468601553159.png (247KB, 432x313px) Image search: [Google]
1468601553159.png
247KB, 432x313px
>>58368082
>acer
>>
>>58368167
How is the curved screen justified?
>>
>>58368082
not enough good boy points saved up.
>>
>>58368208
Come thats a very biased comparison and you know it.

Lots of people on g like mechanical keyboards. Also a laptop is one of the few devices you always look straight to when using it so curved is actually justified here (on tvs its pretty retarded).

>laptops are portable machines
Ever heard of niche markets? This thing is a desktop replacement and not made for light office use.
>>
>>58368082
I think I'd rather put a few straps around my desktop and wear it as a backback.
>>
>>58368245
Because you look straight at a laptop and not from the side.
>>
>>58368275
And how does that justify distorting the image?
>>
>>58368257
Oh I love my mechanical keyboard, they're just the wrong kind of switch.
>Also a laptop is one of the few devices you always look straight to when using it so curved is actually justified here
That's fucking retarded. If anything desktop monitors should be the ones where it's justified because the wider the screen gets the more of an angle you have to view it at.

>Ever heard of niche markets? This thing is a desktop replacement and not made for light office use.
No shit, but I was asked to say why I don't have it and I'm saying why.
>>
>>58368295
Actually looking at a normal screen distorts the image because of the way your eyes work anon.. You are just used to straight screens but that does not make them natural.
>>
>>58368082
My laptop was about 1/40th the price and does what I need it to do.
>>
>>58368348
How does that work? Everything on your computer was designed with a flat screen in mind. If the pixels aren't 1:1 to the original (i.e. the curve stretches the pixels), then the image is distorted.
>>
>>58368383
If the curve is uniform there would be no stretched pixels
>>
>>58368383
Curved screen exhibits a more natural shape that exactly aligns with our round eye’s peripheral vision and gives more immersive experience.

>>58368331
Protip: I'm using a Thinkpad X230 and I will never buy an AlienWare Predator simply because I have no use for it (I'm not a gamer and don't need the raw processing power). Yet I do see why someone could like this laptop and a lot of people on /g/ are whining about how underpowered, non repairarable and flimpsy modern laptops are so I don't understand why half of /g/ isn't drooling over themselves with these laptops.

>No shit but I was stated to say why I don't have one.
I'm not OP so it was kinda out of context for me.
>>
Anything I need to do outside of my home can be done on a chromebook for 300 bucks. And a chrome book is lighter and has longer battery life.

Anything I need to do in my home could be done for 1/4th the price by a decent desktop setup

Who the fuck goes to starbucks, plugs in their 21lb brick of a laptop, and plays Fallout 4 in 21:9 with a giant fan blowing at full blast pissing everyone trying to write a screenplay off?
>>
File: 1482450210989.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482450210989.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
>>58368082

don't want trendy girls to know immediately i'm a sperg
>>
>>58368429
I was asked my opinion then you told me why my opinion was "wrong," it was definitely within context for you. I'm not saying there's no place for powerful laptops, but giant gaymen laptops with gimmicky curved displays that actually detract from functionality? Now that's a different story.
>>
>>58368429
How is the x230?
Is it usable with the default display? Not the IPS one.
>>
>>58368429
I had the TN and replaced it with an IPS. It does have some slight image retention but the TN jut gave me a headache (literally, the whites are very hars on the eyes).

I did use it for a year with a TN so it's doable.
>>
>>58368729
meant for >>58368511
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.