[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get this laptop for Christmas >still unopened Hey /g/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: laptop.jpg (144KB, 1325x628px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
144KB, 1325x628px
>get this laptop for Christmas
>still unopened
Hey /g/. I'm a struggling grad student and I'm looking to get a laptop. My parents bought me the laptop in the pic from the store, but I'd like to put forth a little more of my own money to get something better. The problem is that in-store Walmart is probably not going to have the best selection and I've already been told that Walmart online and in-store Walmarts are two different companies and hence they cannot do an exchange for any products online that were purchased in-store. It has also been a few months since the laptop in question was purchased, so the money-back guarantee is invalid at this point.

What other tech avenues could I utilize in order to potentially get a better laptop without keeping the Manhattan Gold one in the picture? Obviously sell, but I'm going to lose some money since no one's going to buy a laptop secondhand at the same price.
>>
>>58368030
steal your parents' identities.
>>
>>58368030
target and Macy's is your best bet
>>
>>58368030
Stick an SSD in there and enjoy your fucking gift
>>
if the box is unopened sell it at 50$ less or something, what are you going to do with it though? might as well sell it get a chromebook and spend the rest on yourself if its for academic purposes only
>>
>1366x768
Check out what your local Walmart has, look for something with at least a 1080p screen and SSD, if they don't stock anything like that, take a look at what they have on their website and pick out something that looks good and write down the SKU
Get a hold of the GM of your walmart, explain the situation, see what options they can give you, a GM can usually do returns past the usual period, expecially in this case is it's sealed, but they'll probably want you to get something else instead of doing a straight return
If they don't carry a decent laptop they can probably order one for you
>>
>>58368030
can i have your laptop since you dont want it
>>
>>58368115
Also if you tell them you'll get the protection plan they will practically get on their knees and worship your cock so you can leverage that if they're hesitant, and they're usually a decent value since consumer grade laptops are such shit
>>
>>58368102
I'm in grad school for mathematics, but I am very interested in getting into Android app development. I want to be able to run the Android emulator and get Gradle build times of less than 1 minute. On my desktop computer with 4 GB of RAM, I might get 30 seconds, but if there's a programming error that causes the app to crash, then Gradle will have to rebuild the entire app for a good 12 minutes which I lose a lot of productivity waiting just to change one simple line.

>>58368115
>>58368138
I might avoid the protection plan, but I haven't actually gone in the store with the laptop to ask. I mainly did a simple phone call to see if I could do the type of exchange mentioned in the OP. I'll try and see if they bend with the sight of the actual product in-store, or at least see what they have.

>>58368135
Thanks, but I kind of need a new computer. I've always owned computers that are 10 years old or so because neither I nor my family could ever afford anything better.
>>
Save up around 800 burgers and get core i7 laptop. Reslolution does not matter, gpu doesnot matter either.
>>
>>58368030
honestly just install an ssd and ram if you feel like it. maybe an extra monitor and keyboard/mouse setup for home use. that's an adequate computer
>>
Sell on Ebay for 30 bucks cheaper and give free shipping.
Just do it. It's your best option.

If you decide to keep it just get an SSD for it, and install whatever OS you want.
>>
>>58368030
Sell it on OfferUp app. It's like Craigslist but will allow you to sell it for a good price in your area.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.