[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A couple computers left out as trash. Should I take em home and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 20170106_220539.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_220539.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
A couple computers left out as trash. Should I take em home and see if the theres anything of value?
>>
File: 20170106_220545.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_220545.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
A close up on the top one
>>
Do some kind of refurbish-y thing and sell it to get bucks.

"A man's trash is another man's treasure."
>>
>>58367467
The Alienware is probably the most valuable if you only take one
>>
>>58367467
Looks like an Alienware computer. Should be worth something on CrackList.

Take them home and try to power them on.
>>
inb4 give them back tirone.

They look OK and the water cooling loop its definitely salvageable.
>>
Theyvery been out here for a month or so. I can try taking them home one at a time and testing them out and separating working parts with trash. Don't think I have enough room for the three of them right now
>>
>>58367467
NAS box
>>
>>58367543
Yeah it's a last gen aurora, so possibility of i7-5xxx
>>
>>58367467
>>58367480

it's a prebuilt turd and the person took everything important out

cpu and cpu cooler are useless since you can't reuse the mount for newer motherboard unless you wanna 3d print one, and the cpu is obsolete.
>>
>>58367908
Hmmm well if you're right thanks for saving me the burden of taking garbage to my home
>>
>>58367932
there's probably an i7 920 or higher underneath that water cooler

the other systems have usb 3.0 so they might have something of value

that's about it
>>
File: what did the dog see.jpg (82KB, 700x1244px) Image search: [Google]
what did the dog see.jpg
82KB, 700x1244px
SHIT SENPAI, JUST TAKE IT AND SALVAGE SOME SHIET e___e
>>
>>58367480
why would the moron take the ram but leave the cpu (only assuming since the water-cooler is still screwed down)
>>
>>58368161
Because his new system has a better CPU but accepts the same RAM?
>>
There must be SOMETHING of value, even if its just some case fans etc
>>
>>58367480
that water-cooler reminded me of my old build.
worked with a guy who ran some e-recycling program in our city.
apparently he knew people from Dell.
we had gaylords full of old dell stock computer parts.
i took that alienware all-in-one watercooler.
i had to cut the proprietary power connector and connected it directly to the psu molex connection.
>>
- Case if it's not busted, you can clean it and sell it for some bucks, if not sell it for the materials (not a lot) or "for modding".

- Optical drive if it works, someone always want/need one for legacy stuff.

- The PSU seems there, you could give it a shot if it works or if it's something really simply to fix (like a blow cap).

- Motherboard if it works (difficult), that one is an x58 so you could still sell it for something as they're not too common now. Same with CPU (probably an i7 9x0 there), bonus if both work. Test all memory banks

- CPU loop probably busted, try if it don't leak or the base isn't fucked, can be fixed but probably don't worth. You can sell it for repair or just as the raw material (maybe cents as it's probably shitty aluminium), if the cooling fan works you could sell it as a PWM one or use it (maybe need lubrication/cleaning, not hard or expensive).

- Other fans

If PSU don't work salvage the cables, heatsinks (if got), metal case as material or just sell it as "for repair/not tested".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.