[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a brand new notebook with an SSD (Kingston SSDNow).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: notebook.jpg (321KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
notebook.jpg
321KB, 2500x2500px
Just got a brand new notebook with an SSD (Kingston SSDNow). The only computers I've had until now have been desktops and a laptop with no battery, all with traditional hard drives.

How do I make sure the battery and SSD last as long as possible? I've been cautious as fuck specially with the SSD. I try to make minimal downloads and not hibernate the computer to not write too much to the drive. I've also tried to make the battery stay as close to 50% charge as possible... is this a good way to make it last longer or am I just worrying too much about everything?
>>
>>58365983
sounds like your a poorfag, how about stop being poor so that when your computer breaks you can afford a new one
>>
>>58366048
you're*
>>
>>58366058
LMAO NIGGA!!! THAT ANON JUST GOT
B T F O ' D
T
F
O
'
D
>>
>>58365983
>How do I make sure the battery and SSD last as long as possible?
SSD might outlive the fuck out of you. But not hibernating is a wise thing, since you could just turn it off and on since SSDs are fast as fuck and no need to sleep or hibernate, baka.
>Battery
Stop overcharging it and unplug it as soon it hits 100%.

>50%
Nah, just use minimum light, what i said earlier and stop using high resolutions on your gaymen if you play any.
Movies are fine though.
>>
>>58366141
>use minimum light
what do you mean?
>>
>>58366141
>SSD might outlive the fuck out of you
Theories and what manufacturers say are not reality, anon.
>>
>>58366162
Shit sorry, mean't that you should reduce screen brightness but i'm sure you already did that.
>>58366177
But i have seen many anons in /g/ that had the same SSD for YEARS and still are living on?
Unless OP works very heavily on programming like CS or Software Engy, it will outlive the fuck out of his SSD if used well.

Don't know OP's exact SSD capacity but there was a formula that calculated how much TBW could it handle before dying out in average.
>>
>>58366200
>Unless OP works very heavily on programming like CS or Software Engy
I do, not very heavily but I'm definitely a power user.
>>
>>58366305
Oh shit, then you would need to do some research on what programs do not write a lot, a.k.a. research in ALL your programs.

IIRC Firefox is an example, apparently it writes a fuckton on your SSD if you install it but maybe some other internet browsers don't have this thing.
>>
File: openbsd.gif (69KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
openbsd.gif
69KB, 800x689px
>kingston
It will break in few months no matter what autistic shit you do.
You can't expect quality for a three-fiddy.
>>
>>58365983
not sure about SSD, but TLP works great for battery life
>>
>>58367509
why not? they're all built in the same chink factory anyway
>>
>>58366200
>owned a laptop without a battery

i guarantee you the individual in question has no job.
>>
>>58368126
Projecting much?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.