[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to live healthy, so I can live long enough to experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Time-Singularity-Curve.jpg (574KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Time-Singularity-Curve.jpg
574KB, 1600x900px
I decided to live healthy, so I can live long enough to experience the singularity. I'm 25 right now, had a relatively unhealthy lifestyle the past 10 years. But i'm expecting to become 60 at the very least (I live in West-Europe).

When can I expect the singularity? Also any tips to increase my life duration?
>>
>>58363999
>so I can live long enough to experience the singularity
Guys excepted communism in 1980, why would you think we'll reach singularity in 2050?
This chart is bullshit now, since it's MMXVII and mouse brain power isn't surpassed yet.
>>
File: 1481537074247.png (119KB, 1338x937px) Image search: [Google]
1481537074247.png
119KB, 1338x937px
>tfw engaging in various forms of self destructive behaviour next to a stressful job that leaves people with ptsd
I already embraced a stroke before 40
>>
>>58363999
becoming "healthy" at 25 would change your life expectancy, but it may be only about a few months.
just focus on creating good routines and habits, which would lead to a healthier lifestyle.

btw, singularity isn't going to come in our lifetime.
>>
>>58364050
ptsd is a myth, retard.
>>
>>58363999
> Surpasses brainpower of human in 2023

6 years from now? Give me a fucking break.

This sounds like the wildest fantasy of a delusional teenager who's hopelessly addicted to sci-fi and has totally lost touch with the real world.
>>
>>58364158
It's made by Ray Kurzweil but it's quite old yeah. Quite a few predictions of him did come out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_made_by_Ray_Kurzweil
>>
>>58364237

All you need to do is look at the history of AI.

AI has always progressed at an excruciatingly slow pace, and they're famous for wildly overpromising.

Basically, AI culture has some kind of mass psychosis that prevents them from making realists assessments of their own work.

The fact that AI progresses very slowly became quite clear by the 1980s.

Anyone who has made predictions about AI since then is an absolute idiot if they don't take AI's history of extreme overpromising and underdelivering into consideration.
>>
>>58364437
also...

I just noticed that OP's chart looks like it's from 2011. That's waaaay too many years after it became obvious that there's no way the pace of AI growth could allow it to reach full human brain capability within the next 100 years. Whoever created that chart was simply expressing a fantasy wish.
>>
tfw you realize the current pace of technology is on the decelerating side of an S curve
>>
>>58364100
Get blown up and then tell me it is a myth. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>58363999
>LE SINGULARITY IS NEAR XDDDD
Yeah, sure fucking thing, look at all those niggers posting ebin emojis on Twitter and those randomized brute forcers we call "le neural netmemes" and tell me we're liviing some singularity shit
>>
>>58364158
I believe that is technically correct, but it is similar to comparing the performance of CPUs and GPUs. Yes you can calculate some max number of FLOPS and rank them that way, but they have totally different architectures that make suited for different problems. The brain is massively parallel, while CPUs and even GPUs by comparison aren't. CPU's already beat the pants off the brain for many tasks (e.g. straight up math), and the brain will probably continue to beat the pants off CPUs in other tasks for a long time (vision).
>>
>>58363999
When it happens it will change everything and quick. All jobs will be gone. POOF. virtually overnight, After that it will either be basic income or some sort of Mad Max scenario.

Perhaps the scariest thing of all is that it's going to happen soon. The AI doesn't even need to be sentient to take your job. It just needs to be smart enough to do the job and that's it.
>>
>>58364568
Yeah even Google was full of shit about their personal assistant being way accurate on translation. I doubt we will see it anytime soon. Except maybe in ten years or so.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.