[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you ensure you won't get ripped off when you sell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nsi.png (391KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
nsi.png
391KB, 540x532px
How do you ensure you won't get ripped off when you sell things on eBay?

PayPal always sides with the buyer, even when they provide any evidence the seller is at fault.

There are nightmare stories about people selling goods on eBay, the buyer just claims he didn't receive it or he received a box filled with bricks, and PayPal just refunds the money and charges the seller.
>>
>>58359000
nice trips. is that chicken
>>
>>58359000
Read the buyer's reviews and check to see if they've pulled that scam before.
>>
>>58359069
Can you reject the buyer on eBay?
>>
so you are telling me i could just buy something for $7000 then when i get it i go to support and tell them i never got it, make up some stupid sob story and i get my money back ez?
>>
>>58359343
if they didnt sent it signed for then yes pretty much...
>>
Only ship to confirmed addresses. Even if they pressure you to ship to work or another address, if it isn't confirmed, dont ship to it.

Ship with signature of the person who purchased the item required. Not just anyone's signature. Keep the receipt. DO NOT SHIP USPS. ONLY SHIP UPS OR FEDEX.

Track the package yourself daily. On delivery day when it's out for delivery, refresh that shit many times.

When the package shows up as delivered and signed, message them through eBay and let them know you see the package delivered and signed by the purchaser, and let them know to message you if they have any questions.

I've avoided a lot of scammers trying to rip me off by claiming the item isn't received this way. People who claim the item didn't arrive as advertised or that it's broken is a little more difficult. I always video record myself packing the item and dropping it off at FedEx or UPS. One complete video, no cuts or edits, then I immediately upload that video to YouTube and set it as unlisted. I have had to show these videos a few different times and they did save my ass.

Good luck. Ebay is shit for honest sellers these days.
>>
>>58359000
>How do you ensure you won't get ripped off when you sell things on eBay?

You sell piddling things that don't really matter when you get ripped off from time to time. Don't sell anything worth more than a couple of hundred dollars.
>>
>>58359343

That's a stupid hyperbolic example that obviously won't work. Fuck I need a smoke break after reading this.
>>
>>58359343
yes but after a certain dollar amount it becomes a felony and you get in deep shit because it's interstate commerce too
>>
>>58359289
You can cancel the deal on ebay but the contract has been sealed when the buyer clicked on buy. So the contract is still in effect and the buyer has the right to demand the items you promised for that price. You can also leave a negative review after the seller cancelled the deal.

That's the case in Germany at least but I can't imagine that the law is different in that regard in other countries.
>>
>>58359412
>I always video record myself packing the item and dropping it off at FedEx or UPS. One complete video, no cuts or edits, then I immediately upload that video to YouTube and set it as unlisted. I have had to show these videos a few different times and they did save my ass.

I've never sold anything on eBay but I imagined this as a solution to the problem of people saying shit arrived broken as well. Glad to know that other people share my autism.

It was PS3 games I was nearly going to sell and I contemplated a video beginning with me inserting the disc, confirming that it boots fine, ejecting it, showing no scratches, putting it in the case, filming the address and stamped envelope and then still rolling while I walk the 3 minutes to the nearest post box.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.