[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw Instagram sold for $1 billion >it's just a photo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>mfw Instagram sold for $1 billion

>it's just a photo sharing app/website

>in just two years

>I could have been a billionaire and retired after two years of work

>Instagram itself has never made any revenue

Goddammit /g/, I need to get to work.
>>
WhatsApp sold for like 7 billion or something and it's a simple chat program. In fact at one time it was just a FreeBSD box with 2 million concurrent connections going and a pile of Erlang.

The reasons these sites are worth so much is they have hundreds of millions of users, not how simple they are at first glance.
>>
>>58346860
are you retarded? I honestly want to beat the shit out of you.
>>
alot of it is luck

right timing with the right amount of spark
>>
>>58346829
>Instagram itself has never made any revenue

Not true, they have sponsored posts.
>>
>>58346871
u mad edgelord
>>
>>58346829
>>>Instagram itself has never made any revenue

You're thinking of Twitter. Pretty much all of facebook makes money. And Twitter were too dumb to buy instagram
>>
>>58346829
>>Instagram itself has never made any revenue

I think this was true when it was sold for a billion, but not now.
>>
>>58346871
What did he say that is wrong? When these applications/sites get sold, the high price comes from the large number of users, not the quality of the application/site.
>>
>>58346871
Come at me bro

Nobody cares about the revenue, you don't get it. It's all about getting those users so you can spy on them and sell their behavior to your existing multi billion analytics business which Facebook has.
>>
File: soulja.jpg (69KB, 750x916px) Image search: [Google]
soulja.jpg
69KB, 750x916px
>>58346871
>>
>>58347097
>>58347213
Whoops, you guys are right. I don't use it or know much about it (except for what I read just now).
>>
>>58346829
Selling an experience that can be justified to be used over real life experiences, or in conjunction with real life for greater personal or group gratification.

Psychology of younger generations would be the most helpful to design something that would get new users hooked.
>>
>>58347097
maybe he meant they didn't make a profit?
>>
the best financial lesson so far from the 20xx era

allow narcissists to be narcissistic and you have designed a goldmine.

myspace
facebook
instagram
snapchat
tinder

it's all the same shit. allow people to flaunt their lives to other dickbags and you will make MILLIONS
>>
>>58348910
Regardless of what anyone says, I will always love tinder after getting to fuck 4 different girls from there
>>
>>58346829
It's not the technology that was sold, it's the user-base.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.