[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.rt.com/business/372707- internet-shut-down-2017/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_17489-happening-2134165787.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17489-happening-2134165787.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
https://www.rt.com/business/372707-internet-shut-down-2017/

>'The internet will shut down for 24 hours in 2017 causing financial markets to crash'

>Millions of computer users across the world could be blocked from the internet this year as the global network will shut down for 24 hours, US technology security vendor LogRhythm predicted in December.

>The company’s chief information security officer and vice president James Carder told Business Insider, it won’t just be a technical issue stopping people from uploading their selfies on Instagram.

>"In 2017, we’re going to see it hit big sometime, somewhere. If the internet goes down, financial markets will tank," he said.

>According to Carder, there were all the signs in 2016, with criminals "testing missiles by shooting them into the ocean."
>>
This is the price humankind must pay for not using GNU/Linux
>>
>>58338587
>social media sites and other mainstream shit will go down for 24hours
I don't seem why I should care
>>
>>58338587
>rt
>>
>>58338587
RT is state sponsored Russia propaganda.
>>
>>58338587
>sometime, somewhere
Spooky
>>
>rt
>>
>>58338587
Does they think the internet is just a machine plugged to an outlet? Are they that level of retarded? Internet is a clusterfuck of a relay, to deactivate the whole internet would take days.
>>
>>58339126
It's a literal probaganda machine, so yes. Whatever Putin thinks they report.
>>
>>58338587
Short of a nuclear strike or large scale EM event the Internet will never shut down.

"fake news" indeed
>>
>>58338587
> with criminals "testing missiles by shooting them into the ocean."
North Korea?
>>
>>58339126
if you read it, theyre saying a state actor somewhere is gearing up for a large scale attack on US internet infrastructure by way of taking down DNS servers. yet another reason to set up your own DNS server i suppose.
>>
>>58339138

RT is not PressTV it just want to shine a light on what it thinks is wrong with America and the west.
>>
>>58339179
>only America has DNS
People are retarded.

Then again if someone cuts the underway cables it'll be a clusterfuck for a few days.
That said, the Internet proper will never die because it's designed to withstand nuclear armageddon.
>>
DUDE Y2K LMAO
>>
File: 1483598064383.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1483598064383.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
People shot missiles into the ocean, so the Internet will be down for 24 hours in 2017 causing the market to crash.
>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>
File: shut-it-down.jpg (32KB, 408x632px) Image search: [Google]
shut-it-down.jpg
32KB, 408x632px
>>58339076
>implying there is mass media that is not state propaganda
>>
>>58339076
Thanks for the breaking news man
>>
>>58339258
its all just testing as far as i can tell, the internet would still work but without DNS servers the web would be a shitshow for the average person
>>
what dns servers would ya guys suggest in this case?
>>
Гocпoди, блядь, нacкoлькo нyжнo быть тyпыми, чтoбы в этo пoвepить.
>>
then ill play games and watch movies until its back up
>>
>>58339788
A никтo и нe вepит
>>
>>58339001
For normies must be the worst nightmare
Not being able to connect to social media and upload selfies for attention seeking and personal validation for more than an hour
>>
>>58338668
STALLLMAAAAAANN
>>
>>58338587
>financial markets are going to crash because they don't have internet
this doesn't make sense, they'll just resume trade on the next day.
>>
>>58338668
Isn't this whole thing due to botnets running on stale GNU/Linux machines.
>>
>>58339001
I hope you don't mind not being able not to tell us how much you don't care :^)
>>
>>58342300
nigga did you just do a triple negation?
>>
>>58338587
Only idiots would believe this. The Internet is collection of millions (or more) of smaller networks. The term Internet applies in the same way as the terms intranet and extranet do. The Internet cannot be 'shut down' in the sense that the Internet is not one entity.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.