[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do tablets with the same CPUs have different benchmark results?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: csm_chuwi_hi1210_fa441ad1aa.jpg (179KB, 1627x1080px) Image search: [Google]
csm_chuwi_hi1210_fa441ad1aa.jpg
179KB, 1627x1080px
Why do tablets with the same CPUs have different benchmark results?

How do I pick the right tablet with right CPU if some of CPU models seem to not appear anywhere on the internet?

I'm looking for a Windows tablet.
>>
>>58327246
>Windows tablet.
But why

Get a notebook. Windows tablets are gimped gimmicks
>>
>>58327246
generally cheaper tablets will have worse heatsinks so they'll underclock the processor so it doesn't get so hot

other companies will underclock to save battery life and things like that
>>
>>58327295
Drawing with a stylus on go, and maybe more mobile.

>>58327297
Can underclocking be reversed?
>>
>>58327246
>the only thing that matters in a benchmark is the CPU
>>
>>58327408
FPS of popular games, then?
Sometimes they differ too, despite tablets having the same ram.
>>
>>58327478
I would be more concerned with eMMC speeds, which wildly varies between manufacturers (and sometimes between batches of the same model, in the case of chinese tablets).

Unfortunately you don't get that info on the specs, you need to check reviews and ask owners of the tablet you're interested in.
>>
>>58327567
Then, how do I pick a tablet to draw and then to switch to obscure Russian games about ships?
>>
>>58327630
Carefully.
>>
>>58327646
I never had problems building desktops or picking laptops, but tablets are difficult to pick. First of all the same CPU can have few versions, then can be underclocked and lastly other parts have to be considered and most importantly I don't live in USA and rest of the world gets models that aren't reviewed by any websites besides the few the most mainstream models but then they might have cheaper parts (to be affordable) if you're unlucky and you'll never know till you'll buy them.
>>
>>58327373

I am not sure if you can reverse the underclocking unless you can go into developer mode and see if that lets you change shit around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.