[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I installed Antergos because I was too lazy to dick with installing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: arch_antergos.png (55KB, 328x303px) Image search: [Google]
arch_antergos.png
55KB, 328x303px
I installed Antergos because I was too lazy to dick with installing Arch from scratch. Do I get to join the special club? :3
>>
Yes, the Special Ed. club.
>>
>>58325891
/thread
>>
>>58325846
No, now go sit in the corner with the guys that installed Manjaro, Parabola, or Arch but with the Architect installer.
>>
>>58325846

So you cut out out all the bullshit and have a working system with minimal hassle? Awesome.
>>
>I was too lazy to run 10 commands
>>
After using plain Arch for 6 year, Antergos was a godsend. It's nice being able to install a working desktop environment without having to dick around with config files for hours. I just wish the devs would use some common sense with the default login manager. Every de install uses lightdm but the installer should use gdm for Gnome, not lightdm. I imagine KDE suffers too.

Also I love all the guys who swear Arch only takes like ten minutes to install but never mention how long it takes to get something resembling a cohesive, intuitive desktop environment.
>>
>>58325846
I also installed Antergos, just to dip my feet in the pool. Got fairly used to the "minimalism" and began to prefer Arch utilities over those of other distributions I've used, so I'm planning to install Arch proper as soon as I get the chance.

All in all Antergos is nice, but it doesn't get you club priviledges.
>>
>>58329745

As an alternative you can try Arch Anywhere. Basically an ISO that lets you pick and choose what you want without the config file hassle.
>>
>>58329815
I haven't tried it yet, I've read good things.
>>
>>58329894

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8B9V9wGIwM

This guy kinda goes through it a bit.
>>
File: 1483394793496.jpg (187KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1483394793496.jpg
187KB, 960x539px
you don't need to prove yourself to these fuckin autists, install what works for you.
>>
>tfw Antergos has never successfully installed on my machine
>>
>>58329969
jesus christ that vocal fry
>>
>>58330489
I installed Antergos with GNOME on my x220 and it worked great for a few days and then decided to never boot again. I might try arch anywhere instead if I were to go back to arch.
>>
>>58325846
Setting up Arch is dead-simple. It literally takes < 20 lines to get up and running. I don't understand why people install Antegros or Manjaro and get all the bloat with it.

Now, setting up Arch that uses full disk encryption and properly installs it on SSDs so they don't get trashed... well, that will take you hours.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.