[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where have you registered your domain? I'm thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1404075445473.jpg (187KB, 902x542px) Image search: [Google]
1404075445473.jpg
187KB, 902x542px
Where have you registered your domain?

I'm thinking of registering one and I don't know what is best.

What are your recommendations, what to look for and what should I be careful about?
>>
I use namecheap for a registrar and nearlyfreespeech.net as a host.
>>
internetbs dot net for domain registration. I've had some nefarious domains in the past, and they didn't give two fucks about what I've done.

And I host my own shit.
>>
gandi.net
>>
>>58321854
Seconded that all of the above are good.

Hosts/registrars to avoid at all costs: 1&1, GoDaddy
>>
>>58321854
I'd send you a UDP joke but you probably wouldn't get it.
>>
>>58321854

name.com mostly cheap, stable for basic registration and no worries; you can save a couple dollars elsewhere but research reputation carefully. Their hosting for very basic stuff is "all right," but you can save more elsewhere for same or better service. The only reason to go with them for hosting is it's painless and never down, and if you already have registered with them.

gandi.net is pretty awesome. Friend of mine has been using them for years and swears by them. I haven't had need to move my name.com domains, but if I did (or bought new ones) I'd certainly be looking at gandi.net.

If you just need a basic, low-traffic website (like resume page and interface to do email), you can probably host out of your house with an old P4 that someone is throwing away ... or a RasPi 3. I should be doing that with my name.com domains and save myself about $140/year. But, at $12/month I'm lazy & willing to let name.com handle the uptime headaches.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.