[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Femanon here. What exactly qualifies someone as a "hacker"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1_hacker-scuola.jpg (12KB, 437x250px) Image search: [Google]
1_hacker-scuola.jpg
12KB, 437x250px
Femanon here.
What exactly qualifies someone as a "hacker"?

Some say phishing, social engineering, scripts, and DDOS attacks quality as hacks, others not.
>>
Femanon here.

The bigger the amount of beeps the computer makes per second, the better the hacker.
>>
Femanon here.

post feet
>>
If you can repurpose software to do things they weren't designed to do, that's hacking, to put it simply.

If you can actually write software that does things in a more streamlined fashion, for example, software that pings an IP address from a game to DDoS a player just by inputting their character name if it's possible to do so from the server side, instead of using a few different programs to do the hack, you would be the highest level of hacker.

The real danger is the people who write the malicious code, the people that repurpose code are simply "hacks".

That's why I believe there's only two types of hackers, and script kiddies are included inside the lower type. There's just varying levels of skill.
>>
>>58318354
Nice bait, but I'll bite.

The word "hacking" derives from the German word "zerhackt". It refers to the process of taking something apart into the tiniest pieces and examining them to use them in another way.

Today, hacking refers to finding ways to use assets differently.

For example you could hack your toilet by drinking out of it. Why? Because the toilet wasn't meant to do this.

In relation to computers, a "hack" refers to a quick coded program to do or fix something, or finding a way to use an existing program or infrastructure differently by exploiting undocumented or weaknesses of it.

The famous "St. George's hack", one of the best known hacks of the world, would exploit an undocumented programming interface of a banking software to steal the equivalent of 85 Mio USD (450 Mio. Uzbek Pummel, to be exact)
>>
File: self-murder yourself please.png (121KB, 378x796px) Image search: [Google]
self-murder yourself please.png
121KB, 378x796px
>>58318354
>Femanon here.
commit self-murder
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.