[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's this store outside of my city (in Canada) that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So there's this store outside of my city (in Canada) that's advertising online that they're selling iPad Pro 9.7's like $350 under the standard price point. They claim their new, but the original boxes have been opened.

Should I be suspicious? What should I look for to make sure I'm buying what I think I'm buying? My concern is that they've stripped down some parts and are selling a downgraded product. Any advice is appreciated.
pic related - apparently it's their shitty store

inb4 btfo macfag
>>
you're being jewed
>>
>>58307217
Very well, but how?
>>
>>58307142

It's opened boxes that people have returned/b-stock.
>>
>>58307239
So how do I know if it's shit or not?
>>
>>58307142
MACFAGS BTFO
>>
File: 1478442128645.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1478442128645.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>58307142
>>
>>58307390

You have to look at what kind of return policy there is, or if there is some kind of as-is buying, something like that.

If there is a policy you can work with, buy one.

When you buy one, on the back there will be a serial code, type it in on Apple's serial code site (used for their AppleCare), it will let you know what model it is etc etc.

If it is a 9.7 pro, you will know? Also I think the 9.7 Pros are the only 9.7 with retina display, and the modern look. Any other 9.7, would be up to an iPad 2 or 3, which looks very different.
>>
>>58307142
where's the store in question?
>>
>>58307448
Nah, they have 4 speakers and some different specs that would be easy to check in the 'about' section. It claims to come with a warranty, but doesn't specify and has a 7 day return policy.

>>58307531
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-ipads-tablets/alberta/apple-ipad-pro-9-7-128gb-flash-storage-w-warr-mobile-depot-macleod-blowout-boxing-day-sale/c371741?channelId=304
>>
>>58307142

Are you able to directly handle/inspect the iPad before buying? Bring your phone and check its iCloud status ... then again I doubt they'd get far if they were selling locked devices.
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
It'll need the serial# or IMEI which you can get from the Settings>General>About screen, or the back of the iPad if you can squint.

If you don't know how to identify models on sight, look up the model number online (Settings>General>About)

Check the capacity to see it matches what they advertise. It won't be exactly be 128/64/32GB, but should be somewhere close since it subtracts whatever the OS is using (my 64GB air reports 59.15GB as its capacity)

Check the cameras, check the buttons to see if they click nicely ... if you don't know what it should feel like, go to an Apple store or some other reputable seller (ie Best Buy) and see how the ones there click.

Check the headphone port, check the Touch ID assuming it'll let you go through that process and you're not paranoid about giving up your fingerprint.

If you suspect they're assembling parts from broken units, check the seams where the glass meets the shell. Place it on a flat surface to see if it's bowed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.