[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Move in with pretty chill guy >He's....not on our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Windows Restart.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Windows Restart.png
15KB, 300x300px
>Move in with pretty chill guy
>He's....not on our level when it comes to computers
>His laptop is a mess of files every which way
>So why can't you get this to run, dude?
>"I forgot my password for it anon"
>Broken codecs, missing drivers, you get the picture.
>Offer to set up his laptop, fresh install
>"yeah that'd be swell anon"
>After rifling thru his personal stuff to back, I come across his passwords for several accounts, email, apple, etc.
>laptop is freshly set up for him.
>debating how to let him come across his login data without letting him know I recovered and saw it.

This is the sort of culture where betrayal or knowing something you're not is much more serious than what exactly it is, or the usefulness of you knowing it.

The fuck do I do /g/
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58302815
"Hey bro, your password file is (here) so you don't forget next time. Btw, (x website) was hacked recently, its always a good idea to change your passwords every few months."
>>
>>58302815

Chrome and Firefox should save his login data if he's logged in to their services.
>>
>>58302815
>The fuck do I do /g/

You already did more than you should have. Never ever fix other people's shit.

You were what I'm going to call a bad actor, you wanted an excuse to go through this guy's data for some reason, get help for yourself you got psychopathic tendencies and you see nothing wrong about it.
>>
>>58302907
That's the thing. He never uses it.

At this point I'm considering just bullshitting him and saying his password preferences imported along with his bookmarks "and all your other stuff, so check out Google Passwords, hey maybe other passwords are there."
>>
>put all of his folders into a new folder on new computer named "Old Stuff"
>"hey anon I just copied your documents and pictures folders here if you needed anything from your old install"
>"thanks man!"

You don't need to make it more complicated than that. You're just feeling guilty for being a dirty peeping tom.
>>
>>58302921
I don't deny any of it, hell I love rifling through people's stuff. Just a curious guy.

None of it *interests* me though. There's nothing there to abuse, and isn't worth a bother. Got enough of my own stuff to sort as it is.

The point of this is to make his life easier and mine whenever he asks me to do something on his laptop in the future, which I am happy to help with.
None of that is remotely easy when he doesn't know his old passwords to half of his shit.
>>
>>58302983
Is the file named something stupid like "passwords.txt?" Just say "dude, there's a password file on your desktop, is that what you were looking for?

>None of it *interests* me though. There's nothing there to abuse
So, if there was something there to abuse, what would you do? That anon is right, you have psychopathic tendencies and you need help.

Here's my advice: tell your friend where you found his password file and that he should change all his passwords and then check yourself into a psychiatric facility.
>>
>>58302983
>The point of this is to make his life easier and mine whenever he asks me to do something on his laptop in the future, which I am happy to help with.

You're either young or haven't dealt with many people in your life, when you fix someone's shit for them and they fuck it up again all on their own, guess who's fault it is? It's your fault. Backlit on the screen quit working? It's your fault, he spills water on his keyboard, works for a while and then it quits? It's your fault. This is the way in which people think, so you already set yourself up for a lifetime of service of that dudes computer.

>making his life easier

Why do you think people buy macs? He wants to make his life easier he'll buy a mac which is what people who can't use computers will often use for good reason.

You need to focus more on your life and let other people live theirs, your curiosity will get you in some real shitty trouble one day trust me, I was you at one point. You don't want police coming to your place of employment to ask you about someones computer you worked on. Worry about yourself and your life, let other people live theirs.
>>
>>58302815
if he uses firefox i always just copy the profile so saved passwords are there those that arent are lost whoopdy doo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.