[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it so fucking hard to find an explanation for how to install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: VUVym56.jpg (336KB, 954x930px)
VUVym56.jpg
336KB, 954x930px
why is it so fucking hard to find an explanation for how to install a hackintosh without a mac without it being coded in bullshit jargon? I don't give a fuck about apple's EULA, I just want a unix OS with a shred of software capability so I can use my engineering software. jesus fucking christ.

I don't have access to a mac and I never will. am I straight up out of options?
>>
Mac virtual machine ^.^

For the initial mac shit
>>
>>58298618
word, thanks for the advice. I just tried yosemite-zone and it failed to boot, seems like a common problem on win10 machiens and I dunno where to go from here. I know this isn't a tech support board but god damn this shit is frustrating, might just install mint
>>
Just look at what Apple sells and imitate that hardware.
If Apple used Intel controllers and WiFi, get a mainboard with that as well etc.

If you bought a PC for Windows, you bought a PC for Windows.
If you want a PC for Linux, you gotta buy components compatible with Linux.
If you want a PC for Mac OS, buy a PC for Mac OS. Simple as that. You gotta deal with that fact.

> why is it so fucking hard to find an explanation for how to install
There, I answered your question.
>>
Try torrents.
>>
>>58298482
download this
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pg=1&t=4158890

download vmware player

Open config "OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.vmx" in Notepad and change the version number in line
with virtualHW.version = "8" on virtualHW.version = "9"

Boot the fucker

change the language to english

make a burner apple id

download sierra

Grab a USB drive

format with GUID Partition Table (GPT)
use the Partition Options... menu to change from MBR to GPT
Name the partition USB - the install process will rename it, but it matches the script below.
Use format: OS X Extended (Journaled)

run
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

mount the EFI paritiion of the USB, i use this instead of CLI, i can throw it on MEGA if you want it
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/528-efi-mounter/

gather up all your kexts and Clover and toss them in there like whatever tutorial you are using says

Boot the USB and install OSX

Boot into OSX injecting kexts from clover on the USB
copy over the EFI partition's contents to the disk you installed on
install the kexts to the system

reboot
have a working hackintosh
>>
>>58298671
>mint
anon please
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.