[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright you guys. Should I return a tv that I got for Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: pixel1.jpg (51KB, 292x244px) Image search: [Google]
pixel1.jpg
51KB, 292x244px
Alright you guys. Should I return a tv that I got for Christmas because it has a single dead pixle?
>>
Yes, otherwise that thing will irritate you for the next decade.
>>
>>58294402
That's a stuck one, but yeah return it.
>>
>>58294402
tap it 30 times!!!! xDDDD
>>
yes thats annoying
>>
>>58294450
lol does that actually work or is it just a reddit maymay
>>
>>58294402
Yeah, i had a laptop years ago with a single stuck pixel that was red, and while I got over it it did get annoying especually when watching dark movies or something... it was near the edge of the screen at least but i would say take it back because even if you learn to not see it you still will
>>
Blue pixel = stuck, not dead

Find a stuck pixel repair video. It'll just quickly alternate between colours and might fix your issue. Otherwise, yes, return it. You paid for a working product, which this is not.
>>
>>58294660
On a white screen, that tells you the red and green subpixels are dead.
>>
Do this >>58294660

Otherwise yeah, return it. You didn't pay for a half-working product.
>>
Yes. Do you really need /g/'s seal of approval for this?
>>
>>58294402
>buying gookshit
Can't for the short ones to nuke that southern hive
>>
>>58294510

It works on stuck pixels but only temporarily. It will return again in days or sometimes months or years, but it will return. In repair shop we just the rubber eraser end of a pencil to push onto the screen firmly where the dot is until the screen bottoms out (goes black/white from pressure) then release and the pixel should unstuck as it completes the circuit again in the crystals.
>>
Definitely, that is not an unreasonable thing to do

>>58294419
this anon is right

do you really want to look at that shit for the next 10 years?
>>
>>58294402
There's no guarantee the next one won't have more. Usually there is an allowance for a certain number of stuck pixels on tv's. The pixel policy should be fairly easy to find on the manufacture's support section.

My tv has a stuck green one, but I've long forgotten or noticed it. If it was a monitor you're viewing closely, I would certainly try at least once, but a tv I'm not so sure. How many times are you willing to exchange to get a pixel perfect set?
>>
>>58294903

I should add we charge the cost of a new panel + installation and labour fees while only doing this.
>>
Fuck the best buy Jew just do it
>>
File: rick.jpg (16KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
16KB, 559x556px
>>58294964
>we charge the cost of a new panel + installation and labour fees while only doing this.
>>
>>58294957
I use it for a tv and a monitor I was just wonder if return a tv for just one dead pixel was justifiable
>>
>>58294402
Check the warranty, there may be a minimum dead/stuck pixel clause that would mean you aren't covered for a replacement.

It may also fix itself, my monitor had a dead green subpixel when I got it but after a few months it's gone. I can't find it anymore.
>>
>>58295096
He could probably exchange using the store policy without using the actual warranty conditions, but if all sets are allowed 0-6 stuck pixels it's still a game of chance.

>>58295043
For a monitor with static images, I would certainly try exchanging it. That's how I noticed my green pixel in the first place.
>>
>>58294903
that is diabolical.
>>
File: laughing_teapots.jpg (36KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_teapots.jpg
36KB, 1024x512px
>>58294964

You cheeky genius.
>>
>>58294402
It is not a matter of should you return it, but whether they will allow you to return it.
>>
One dead pixel at 60Hz, for an hour. You missed out on 216,000 pixels op. Return it and sue for damages.
>>
>>58298168
wow thats a lot of missed pixels. I cant even imagine how many pixels OP might miss out on in the next few years.
>>
>>58298168
Well once you consider the limits of the human eye at 24fps you're missing half those pixels even if it worked...
>>
I just got a 4K OLED TV. I dare not look for dead/stuck pixels. What I don't know about won't irritate me. Best not to go looking for them.
>>
>>58299046
Wait, if that 24fps thing is true, then why people are so obsessed with the 60fps maymay?
>>
>>58300649
Consumerism and elitism.
[spoiler] Don't trust people on 4chan you dunce[/spoiler]
>>
>>58300649
>24fps
With 2-3 shutters per frame - the eyes see a frame, then a blank image for an instant, then the same frame, a blank image, the same frame, a blank image, the next frame, a blank image, and so on. This tricks our brain to see a fluid movement instead of still images.

Whitout the shutters you need to use more frames per second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
>>
>>58300842
some? i'd say most, if not all.

they don't give a fuck about your dead pixels nowadays, they will laugh you off. especially laptop companies.
>>
>>58300842
That's basically just a way of saying, "fuck you, we aren't fixing it"

1 pixel is just as bad as 3 pixels.

What's a good way to induce more dead pixels if the assholes won't reimburse?
>>
>>58300929
live in a country with non shitty consumer protection
>>
>>58300649
60fps is the apple of gaymen
>>
Often it's not the display itself that is faulty, but the driver chip.
>>
>>58294402

Usually delivery terms state a maximum allowable number of dead pixels. If you return this with only one dead pixel they probably tell you to get a cry.
>>
>>58294402
Just run a magnet over it to render the pixel in unstuck. Magnet will make it cycle through the colors in about ten seconds which could fix your issue.

I had the same problem.
>>
>>58294510
>>58300649
>"maymay"
kill yourselves
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.