[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are coding principles shared by all programming languages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 443.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
443.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
What are coding principles shared by all programming languages and how can i learn them?
>>
>>58292829
Not being stupid works pretty well.
>>
>>58292829
dumb frogposter
>>
KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
>>
>>58292829
by learning to program?

Also OP is a faggot
>>
>>58292940
Why are frogposters prosecuted of 4chins so much? why do i deserve to be ridiculed for saving a few pictures of frogs onto my computer and deciding to use them on an image board?
>>
>>58292997
That's pretty vague
>>
>>58292829
Just buy a book on design patterns retard.
>>
No matter the language, you need to be wearing panties when you code to really do well.
>>
>>58293096
>Please don't reproduce

I never planned to but now that you've told me not to i will try my hardest to reproduce.

Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>58293131

Taking it up in the ass does not count.
>>
>>58292829
Just read this:

http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/activities/ieg/e-library/sources/tp2-ie.pdf

38 pages and contains everything that makes it possible to do programming and mathematical proofs explaining why.
>>
>>58293091
don't write sloppy shit code.
>>
>>58293167
Why are you telling me this? i'm not your therapist.
Go justify yourself to someone else
>>
Write the code like you would like to receive it from some other person.
>>
>>58293068
Most posts on this board is pretty stupid.
But it is fun to hate on the people who post a retard sign with their post.
>>
>>58293185
Not that anon but I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>58293706
it is the paper where Alan Turing defines that something is "Turing complete", he does not use the term, but that is what it is.
>>
>>58292829
>coding principles shared by all programming languages
You mean algorithms? Google it. Also google TAoCP Knuth.
>>
>>58292829
Maintainability. Organisation, readability, general good practices.

Others will recommend good books but the truth is that your first few serious projects will not be to a terribly high standard and will get difficult to maintain. Good practices only come with experience.

You can read all the books and blog posts in the world, and they'll surely help you to some degree, but the only thing that will truly convince you to write maintainable code is experiencing what happens when you don't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.