[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /g/. Something I'm not entirely understanding of is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: windows-7-apple-mac.jpg (46KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
windows-7-apple-mac.jpg
46KB, 800x448px
Hi, /g/. Something I'm not entirely understanding of is why some long-time Windows users will buy a Mac but still Bootcamp Windows on it.

I can understand why a long-time Mac user might do this because of legacy use of software and maybe some of your productivity software you need for work or school might be Windows-only.

However, the converse seems somewhat silly to spend over $1,000 on a Mac or even $2,000 if you're just going to stick Windows on it again. I feel like you could shop around and for the same money buy a more practical and/or powerful computer.

What's the logic behind the converse? I apologize for a potential Windows vs. Mac thread, but I can never get a satisfactory answer from the people I know who do this firsthand.
>>
>>58291914
What if you got the Mac for free and have no other computer ?
Currently in this situation
>Macbook book air 2014
>Quadboot
>XUbuntu
>Windows 10
>OS X
>Kali
I repair computers for people and got this bad boy in, but they never showed up to get it so I guess I'm keeping it
>>
>>58292431
Probably stolen.

Also why not just run OS X? It's fantastic.
>>
In my case I have a MacBook air and dualboot macos and windows just because I need to use solidworks and using it in a VM or via wine is useless
Solidworks is the most important one, but I use more software thatvisnt available for mac
>>
i dont get why people dual boot either

os x is too dank why would i want to install that virus botnet os on my computer. what essential program is windows only, protip, none
>>
>>58292716
Yes, but what are you using the Mac portion for, really? It's understandable that you might have CAD programs that are Windows-only, but what do you need the Mac for?
>>
>>58292811
Everything else
I boot windows to do whatever I need and then switch to macos
I don't need it but I like it better
>>
>>58291914

I did it when I got my 1st mac before I got to know OSX and keyboard shortcuts and trackpad gestures and learn how to use workspaces for productivity. I clung to windows like a scared little bitch, but it time I ended up deleting it.

I did have a VM for some legacy hardware, but its now gone and i'm 100% sierra.
>>
>>58291914
What's wrong with wanting to use the best hardware coupled with the best software?
>>
>>58291914
>why some long-time Windows users will buy a Mac but still Bootcamp Windows on it
>maybe some of your productivity software you need for work or school might be Windows-only

there you go.
>>
>>58291914
Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro on one side, games on the other.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.