[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok I'm desperate at this point, I'm trying to fix one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20170102_13_54_12_Pro.jpg (68KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170102_13_54_12_Pro.jpg
68KB, 960x720px
Ok I'm desperate at this point, I'm trying to fix one of my older PC's. It's running windows 8.1 the computer is an HP Pavilion 21 AIO. I can't get it to connect to ethernet or wifi. It won't let me enable any of the adapters, it will pop up saying "enabling" and nothing happens, even after 2 hours of waiting. When I try to run the network troubleshooting tool it give me this error. Can anyone help me out please?
>>
File: 1482943917388.jpg (103KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
1482943917388.jpg
103KB, 700x453px
>>58289933
Install gentoo
>>
Put TweakingWindows on a USB, dl it at snapfiles. Run a disc check. It should repair anything wrong with the actual firmware for connecting to wifi.
>>
>>58290051
Alright I did that, but when I try to run the Repair_Windows exe it gives me this???
>>
File: WIN_20170102_14_21_52_Pro.jpg (75KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170102_14_21_52_Pro.jpg
75KB, 960x720px
>>58290051
>>
Format and reinstall after researching OS compatibility with whatever you throw on it.

Don't try to "fix" Windows, nuke and reinstall and get fast at it.

Download a variety of Windows OS and Office and other software on your main PC, then you can load install USB as needed using Rufus. Pros don't troubleshoot old Windows installs, It's a waste of time.

Have a live Linux USB and live FalconFour USB for rescues. Google is your friend.
>>
>>58290977
>Don't try to "fix" Windows, nuke and reinstall and get fast at it.
advice worthy of someone who's shit at computers

>Rufus
more shit advice
>>
>>58291016
I gave up on it guy's, I tried everything I could think of and find on the internet. I'm wanting to install Windows 10 on it so I can sell it off but I'm not gonna buy the software and reinstall it knowing if the internet would connect I could just upgrade for free from 8.1 to 10. Appreciate the help though
>>
>>58291016
Both methods work and they are quick ways to accomplish the objective. Calling advice that works "shit" is childish. The objective of reviving old PCs is to remove the problem (any old Windows install is fucked) therefore nuke and pave is correct and easy. You cannot know what malware lurks and if you wipe the fucking drive you don't need to.

If Rufus does not work for you, that's your problem.

Why should you ever WANT to fix Windows when it's faster to rescue and blow it away? Tell us your fucking logic, shitposter!

Boot Linux if rescuing files etc. You can also quickly find devices by typing inxi -Fc3 at a command prompt.

Google "OS you plan to use" + make and model of PC + drivers or similar to catch any typical problems.

Install OS. Install any drivers required. If want updates, you can run an offline updater on another PC or in a VM if your other PC is a Linux machine, then copy to USB to update your target.

Little attention required besides glancing at screen now and then.

Result is clean install. Easy as fuck. I use PCs as tools, not autism aids. I turn them out quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>58291143
Pirate Win7 and upgrade straight to Win10
>>
>>58291143
Just download Windows 8.1, install, then upgrade, or install Windows 10 and activate. It will run without activation but no personalize.

If you are gonna fuck with PCs then take the modest time to get fast at torrenting, activating and installing OS and warez. You'll learn more than you expect.

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/

https://thepiratebay.org/search/windows%208.1/0/0/0

I've torrented OS since 1999 with no problems. Remember that cracks are flagged by virus scanners because AV makers suck Microcock.

Read and learn:

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/

I've used this. It's good to go.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/11116438/WINDOWS_8.1_PRO_x64-ACTIVATED(EXCELLENT)
>>
>>58291376
Or this of course. murphy78 has quality torrents for many years.
>>
>>58289933
I had a similar problem. Fucking Windows is a disgrace of an operating system honestly.

I restored my PC to an older version and that fixed my problem.
>>
>>58291289
>Why should you ever WANT to fix Windows when it's faster to rescue and blow it away?
see
>advice worthy of someone who's shit at computers
>>
>>58292626
You fail to support your position with logic. I supported mine and gave instructions. Stupid child.

Support, with logic, why it is wise to troubleshoot an old Windows install vs. nuke and pave. Do it now you shitposting cunt.

Nuke and pave is faster and comprehensive. You won't miss any malware playing fiddle-fuck with an old install easily could. Your PC will be PROMPTLY returned to a clean, usable state.

You can then put it to work.

Troubleshooting even for a few minutes when you KNOW it's an old, therefore Winrotted at best and a malware farm at worst, is not efficient when you could have booted and begun a clean install then walked away.

Ignore >>58292626 for teentard useless anti-helpful posts. He did nothing for OP.
>>
>>58293669
you're the equivalent of a retard with a hammer, for which every problem looks like a nail

/g/ is not tech support, stop pretending to be less of a retard than people making these threads
>>
>>58289933
/g/ is not your tech support

Try to rolling back your Network adapter driver. If you can't, download the driver from the HP support and install it on the computer. If that doesn't work, enter advanced start up to re-install windows. If it still doesn't work, throw the old piece of crap away.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.