[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Asus Zenbook lineup? Thinking of picking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: asusux305.jpg (30KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
asusux305.jpg
30KB, 800x533px
Thoughts on the Asus Zenbook lineup?

Thinking of picking up the UX305 and throwing Linux at it
>>
Have my UX305 running arch, pretty good battery life (9 hours most of the time), 1080p is great and so is the screen. The only thing I hate is the coating, it feels cheap and it gets easily stained despite being aluminum.

Other than that, great ultrabook.
>>
>>58286694
I have an UX303 but it has NVIDIA Optimus, so I didn't put Linux on it. It's a really nice laptop. The warranty is excellent too.
>>
>>58286694
UX303LB here (Broadwell). The one without Optimus. Runs MacOS perfectly, and also runs Linux quite well.

There's unfortunately a problem with a bug in Intel's ACPI implementation which means the backlight combination (fn + F5 for example) does not work in Linux. It will never be fixed because Intel has frozen development on the mainline driver so you'd need manually fix it and compile a fixed version. Or just set the keyboard shortcuts to other keys.

Other than that, no problem. Great laptops. Though the UX305 has Intel Core M processors which might be weak depending on what you'll use it for.
>>
spacebar
>>
>>58286954
>Though the UX305 has Intel Core M processors which might be weak depending on what you'll use it for.

the one I'm looking at has an i5, they have those as an option since skylake I think
>>
>>58287011
I guess you're from the US. They offer only CoreM or i5-Y(they're the same thing) here in the EU. The only one with a U processor is the UX310...
>>
>>58287116
I'm from EU, and no, it's an UX305UA with an i5-6200U
>>
Chinkshit
>>
File: UX305.jpg (142KB, 1920x1037px) Image search: [Google]
UX305.jpg
142KB, 1920x1037px
>>58287407
What country? They only offer this turd here...
>>
File: Capture.png (329KB, 1236x749px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
329KB, 1236x749px
>>58287496
the model tested in notebookcheck review also comes with a -U processor so I'm pretty sure germany has those aswell
>>
i like it. haven't bothered to install Linux on it because of muh ASP.NET. it takes its time when installing stuff but everything else is smooth as fuck.

i find it strange how there are so few IPS + SSD fanless laptops around. there's the Dell XPS 13 but that costs twice as much as the Asus.
>>
>>58287496
there's a vivobook dunno why they have different naming they have identical case, battery size and internal wtf asus? i3 i5 and i7 available.
>>
File: original.jpg (18KB, 720x368px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
18KB, 720x368px
>>58286694
You should never throw an OS, kid
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.