[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /g/, i wonder if you can help me find a piece of software.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: restrict-mouse.png (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
restrict-mouse.png
18KB, 640x480px
hi /g/, i wonder if you can help me find a piece of software. i'm not sure if it even exists.

basically, it would let you draw the dimensions of a box and it would then force the mouse to stay within that box. you'd have to use a hotkey to make the program quit.

it seems simple enough but i can't find the right search terms for google to give me anything usable.

thanks!
>>
Here's a program that does exactly what you need:
[ONLY REGISTERED USERS CAN VIEW LINKS]
>>
I don't know of any pre-made software that can do this, but it would be piss easy to do with an AutoIt script.
>>
i have something similar, it's a software that will keep the mouse inside an opened window

i can get you a link for a few bucks, we can do bitcoin if u want
>>
http://www.rtsoftwares.com/MouseLock/MouseLock.htm
>>
>>58286644
how can I register on 4chan? Cheers
>>
>>58286612
fucking make it yourself you nipwit
>>
>>58286670
Followup post: If you want to do this in C++ then you would just use the ClipCursor function.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648383.aspx
>>
>>58286738
that's a really nice find, thanks anon.
5bux ain't a big deal, i'll keep the thread open tho in case anyone can find a FOSS alt.
>>58286762
>>58286747
my kung-fu isn't strong enough, i can barely manage powershell.
>>
>>58286738
This program is literally just calling this function.

>>58286762
>>
i think i found something.
http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/
>>
>>58286771
almost, almost, tempted to make it for you
>>
>>58286931
well that'd be very nice of you. with an interface and everything? i'd seriously appreciate it.
my email's fun [at] penis [dot] house.
>>
>>58286706
the window in question is VMWare workstation, so keeping it within there is pointless - it needs to be within a pre-defined area.

also i'm well aware this is a troll post
>>
>>58286612
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/61753-confining-mouse-to-a-window/

Install AutoHotkey an this should be in an .ahk file:
ClipCursor( Confine=True, x1=0 , y1=0, x2=1, y2=1 ) {
VarSetCapacity(R,16,0), NumPut(x1,&R+0),NumPut(y1,&R+4),NumPut(x2,&R+8),NumPut(y2,&R+12)
Return Confine ? DllCall( "ClipCursor", UInt,&R ) : DllCall( "ClipCursor" )
}

f1::
WinGetPos, VarX, VarY, Width, Height, A
VarX2 := VarX + Width
VarY2 := VarY + Height
ClipCursor( True, VarX, VarY, VarX2, VarY2)
Return

f2::ClipCursor( False,0,0,0,0)

F1 enables mouse lock on current window, F2 disables. Modify ClipCursor function calls if you need a specific rect position
>>
>>58288867
oh wow, thank you so much! i'll definitely use this.

just so i don't fuck up immediately: which line am i modifying to use a specific rectangle?
>>
>>58288901
Looks to me like the first line. x1 and y1 are the top left point, x2 and y2 are the bottom right.
>>
>>58286762
why does a function like that even exist?
>>
>>58288901
The last one. The 0,0,0,0 arguments are x1,y1,x2,y2, so if you want a box rectangle from (5,5) to (50,60) you enter (5,5,50,60)
>>58289115
Those are the default arguments
>>
>>58289209
Whoops, yeah, ignore me. I just woke up and apparently can't read yet.
>>
>>58289167
Multimonitor and windowed games
>>
You know about computers? That sounds hot. Wanna cum over to my place later and fuck? Here's my email:
[ONLY REGISTERED USERS CAN VIEW LINKS]
>>
>>58289209
you're a gem, anon. cheers.
thanks everyone!
>>
>>58286739

Buy a 4Chan pass ;)
>>
>>58290856
he's right you know
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.