[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not 100% sure if this is the right board to ask, if not I apologize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 550_102431707.jpg (36KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
550_102431707.jpg
36KB, 360x360px
Not 100% sure if this is the right board to ask, if not I apologize in advance, but how would one go about creating a VU equalizer with LED strips, except instead of the straight lines, you rearrange it so it works into pixel art?
Currently renovating a few rooms and I'm planning on redoing one of them into a (((gayming))) room, and this idea sprung into mind.
>>
/g/ seems to only really care about what software/hardware is least shit, and a lot of memes. Someone may know on this board, but I have no idea. Try /diy/ or /wsr/ maybe. Sorry, and good luck.

>(((gayming)))
Stay away from /pol/ newfriend.
>>
>>58282644
>you rearrange it so it works into pixel art
what do you mean?
you can make vu meter from leds using microcontroller
>>
>>58282644
Unless you are a magician , you can't do it. That or you will get a serious headache manually soldering cables.
>>
>>58282644
Actually had the same idea. The basic concept is get some strips of LEDs that have controllers built in then wire them to something like a raspi. You can set the raspi up on your network to control it from your phone. I am sure there is software out there that does all of this for you
>>
>>58282644
I would use a microcontroller and WS2812 rgb LEDs, because they have an integrated driver ic and you can communicate over some kind of serial protocol with them. The downside is that the pulses are really short but im shure there a libs for arduino/avr, stm32 ... available.
>>
>>58282644
>Buy
rasberyPi
any shitsmartphone with Android 2.0+
>Install
raspbian
audioplayer
any program u find what can do "pixel art"
hook phone via USB and use its screen as a screen

Did I mention u can plug rasbery into wiFi / ethernet and controll it via network, phone, whatever?
Did I mention rasbery has 20? pins for whatever input output you want, so you can make your led magic?

But still, I think you might just buy some modern audio player to your home and be done with it.
>>
File: 20161029_204957_LLS.jpg (690KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_204957_LLS.jpg
690KB, 2322x4128px
>>58282644

Like >>58283836 said WS2812 RGB LEDs and a micro controller (either Arduino, MSP32, RPi, etc). Adafruit and sparkfun have LED matrices premade for sale, or you can buy the strips and make your own.

You will need to either get a chip that analyzes audio spectrum, or you will need to write software that does it. The IC is the easier route to go unless somebody has already written a library for what you're looking for.
>>
>>58282644
nice pic of typical brits
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.