[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alot of certain PC's at my job use windows 7 embedded.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: windows_embedded_small[1].png (27KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
windows_embedded_small[1].png
27KB, 300x169px
Alot of certain PC's at my job use windows 7 embedded.

question....

what are the disadvantages of this? Seems like its just windows 7 without botnet.
>>
File: v.png (676KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
676KB, 1280x1024px
>>58282063
Certain "PC"?!
Unless it is a CNC controller, cash register, game arcade, kiosk or some other form of restricted device, it is unlikely they run WTPC,WES7 or WEPOS7
Also WES7 best Windows
>>
>>58282282
wow that looks like poop
>>
>>58282291
So does your face, retard.
>>
>having your computer /pozzed/
shyggy dyggy
>>
>>58282318
That only applies to WEPOS v1.1, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 and POSReady 7
>>58282291
Sure lad
>>
File: Untitled.png (357KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
357KB, 1280x1024px
>>58282318
>tfw
>>
>>58282063
you're missing out on great FREE Windows 10 features such as always-listening Cortana functionality, The world's most advanced giving-us-your-data-for-free, and industry leading we-control-everything-about-your-computer!
>>
>>58282282
I work at the tech company that builds keytrak. They have allot of embedded xp and 7 machines.
>>
>>58282508
Yeah those stuff usually runs that, since that is considered an industrial device
>>
>>58282625
what are the disadvantages?

from my perspective, it seem like their are none.
>>
>>58282680
There really isn't. A full install of WES7 have more features than Windows 7 Ultimate. Unnecessary components can also be excluded which is a bonus.
>>
anyone got the wes7 instructions?
>>
>>58283039
bumping for this
>>
>>58283039
>>58283334
You mean the Product keys, download link or how to do the IBW setup?
>>
>>58282063
The disadvantage seems to be that the retard who made that decision has no idea what they are doing.
Normally you would trim down an embedded system so you can save money, power or space on the hardware.
At my local store, they use windows xp for their checkout machines.
On boot, it launches a java backend which then opens a website frontend the user is supposed to interact with.
From what I could tell from the boot sequence, the backend is responsible for interacting with the database of goods in the store and controls the bar code scanner and the weight which is used to see if the scanned goods have the same weight as the database claims.

The whole setup is really clunky and it takes ~7-10 minutes to reboot, should the application fail.

I have yet to see someone show a reason it might be a good choice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.