[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on Windows 8.1 on my gaming laptop. Should I upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: win8_1_vs_win_10_v1.jpg (133KB, 618x336px) Image search: [Google]
win8_1_vs_win_10_v1.jpg
133KB, 618x336px
I'm on Windows 8.1 on my gaming laptop.
Should I upgrade to Windows 10, is it worth it?
Are there advantages to it?
What's the difference?
>>
>>58281610
upgrade to windows 10
then illegally download a windows 7 iso
create a textfile called fight the power
install win7
the obvious advantage of this is of course that you will be spied on and thus m$ will know that you have just made a deadly blow against their monopolistic powerstructure
>>
>>58281629
The reason I kept 8.1 is exactly the Telemetry spy protocol, but then I had to block some updates and make sure they won't spy... I figure I can do the same with Win10
>>
>>58281610
>gaming laptop

windows 7 is better than both of them.
>>
>>58281668
>spy
Wow, could you be any more melodramatic?
It's just some anonymous usage information and specifications, not a complete copy of your process stack. Sheesh.
>>
>>58281731
If we think like that, where do we draw the line.
And there's a keylogger there buddy
>>
>>58281701
What do you mean? Win8.1 is already better for performance than 7
>>
>>58281610
Stick to 8.1. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. After using it for a year, Windows 10 was always problematic. Why isn't explorer working? Why can't I install this piece of software that worked perfectly fine previously? Oh look, you're rebooting to update now.

If you like your OS being a constant PITA, go right ahead and update to 10.
>>
>>58281668
>I figure I can do the same with Win10
no you can´t

>>58281763
don´t believe the press
test yourself
clean win 7 vs clean 8.1 will lead to no performance difference
source? me doing exactly that
>>
>>58281776
Thanks for the answer m8
It ain't broken but it's getting slower and slower...
Also firefox(x64) seem to be reaaaally laggy and slow
>>
>>58281780
What do you mean you can't?
Thanks for the answer!
>>
>>58281842
it´s as i say you can´t get rid of the spying
not even the enterprise version can remove it completely if my memory serves me right
and the thing with the updates is you won´t be able to just opt out of that one telemetry update it´s take all or nothing
>>
>>58281610
Vista was the foundation of 7.
8 was the foundation of 10.

You can see the version names and similar UI elements being borrowed. Metro apps and removal of aero being the major changes in both 8 and 10.

They are both gay and suck 1000 cocks per second. Just install Linux Mint or some cheesy distro and move on mate.
>>
>>58281914
hahahaha Mint
It's a gaming computer
>>
>>58282011

>can't run games fullscreen
dropped
>>
>>58282011
What linux is that?
And what games can I run on linux? I have crazy specs will it be worth it to play on linux?
>>
>>58282068

that one is running on windows 10, can tell by the pixels
>>
>>58281610
install gentoo
>>
>>58282072
ur specs will have wasted potential playing on linux
>>
>>58282100

i do, that one is a windows 10 screenshot set as background
>>
>>58282072
You can look at:

1. Steam library to see which games are available for Linux natively
2. PlayonLinux library to see which games will run proper on Linux

Every PC has different hardware mix, so you need to test first before you migrate.
>>
>>58282124
Why don't you try to run it yourself then? If you press the Window key or alt+tab on your keyboard, it shows your dashboard lens instead of minimizing the game.
>>
>>58282149

nah
>>
>>58281831
Get something like CCleaner. Keeps shit running like new.

Truth be told, if a friend complains their computer is being really slow, I just assume they've downloaded some malware or something. Grab sometihng like Malwarebytes and scan your PC, just in case.

Again, stay with 8.1. This thread will yield nothing else decent or informative.
>>
>>58281731
>It's just some anonymous usage information and specifications
Got proof on that? Because they are pushing simple "telemetry" way too hard while making it ridiculously hard to block to have pure intentions.
>>
File: Carl5.jpg (78KB, 438x668px) Image search: [Google]
Carl5.jpg
78KB, 438x668px
>>58281610
>gayming laptop
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 1920x1080px
cuckdow 10 user here
not gonna lie it's shit only reason to stick win10
is microsoft's official support or "i don't know how to use linux for shit"
>>
>>58282775
You can use whatever you want.
>>
>>58281748
>And there's a keylogger there buddy
Link?
>>
>>58283017
you shouldn't say those things around here, boy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.