[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >still no comfortable way to send text messages from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 7fb.jpg (174KB, 720x540px)
7fb.jpg
174KB, 720x540px
>2017
>still no comfortable way to send text messages from my desktop

I hate typing from my phone i just want to be able to type them from my desktop
>>
>>58275913
Pushbullet?
>>
>not using WhatsApp desktop client
>>
pushbullet
airdroid
pulse sms (currently in beta tho)
hangouts
>>
>>58275913
>text messages
You mean SMS? It's 2017.
Use Wire.
>>
>>58275958
>owned by Facebook
>your metadata is being sold
>>
>>58275965
can any of these allow me to keep my current sms app though?
>>
use a keyboard with your phone with an otg cable
>>
>>58275945
Pushbullshit is capped.
>>
File: 1462970145482.jpg (706KB, 1560x858px) Image search: [Google]
1462970145482.jpg
706KB, 1560x858px
sucks 2 be you
>>
i use samsung sidesync, I like it a lot actually
>>
Messages is pretty cool indeed
>>
>>58275983
>he thinks it stops at metadata
laughinggirls.jpeg
>>
>windows and lunix shitskins didnt know you can do this on Mac for years
>>
>>58277418
if i wanted to know how to find gay bathouses id use apple
>>
>>58277300

I have macbook air that i secure wiped and now its only got debian + cinnamon. Any way to gets this playing nicely with my JB iphone 6s ?
>>
>>58277485
what's the point of running shitty linux on a mac hardware?
>>
>>58277527
I'm not homo sexual
>>
yahoo used to let you send txt msgs. idk if it still works.
>>
>sms in 2017
lmao
>>
>>58277532
you were the one that bought a mac in the first place :^)
>>
>>58277584
I haven't bought it but ok
>>
>>58275913
Here’s how: to send a text message from a computer to a Verizon Wireless customer, compose a new email and use the recipient’s mobile phone number as the email address, with the addition of “@vtext.com” at the end. For example, if the phone number is 555-xxx-xxx, just add the vtext bit to the end. The length of the email should be kept to fewer than 140 characters. Once you are finished, hit send.
>>
>>58277485

i was comfy running mint on Dell Lattitudes for the past decade but they are getting a bit bulky and heavy for a cyclist. Shit i am even seeing you from Vivaldi - so im not afraid to smash it up.
>>
Project Fi + Hangouts
>>
Mightytext does this perfectly fine
>>
File: skypewindows10.0.0.png (351KB, 1018x679px) Image search: [Google]
skypewindows10.0.0.png
351KB, 1018x679px
>>58275913
>he doesn't have Skype Preview Universal Windows Platform app for Microsoft Windows 10™
lmaoing@ur life
>>
>>58275958
Its shit. Your phone has to be connected to the Internet, it has quite a huge delay and the connection breakes down every 2 minutes
>>
>>58275973

No one is gonna use that shit. It's SMS or nothing for most people, especially in countries where data costs a shit ton more than texts.
>>
>>58277485

It only works if you're running macOS. Hackintosh included.
>>
>>58275913
>what is email
>>
>>58275973

Most people do not want to install a different instant messaging client for each friend that wants to use a different protocol. In the US, it was already decided that SMS is what we'd all use. Even if it sucks, it's what everyone has. It's also usually free for unlimited texts with most people's plans.

>>58277756

1. Skype messages aren't SMS on their own right, and they charge you to use their own service's SMS.
2. Skype for Desktop > UWP Skype.

>>58278018

Email is not SMS, which is what OP seems to want.
>>
>not using a random e-mail address and buzzwords to message your drug dealer
>>
Wow, I never thought I'd say this unironically, but...mac OS doesn't have this problem.

You could also do it on Windows or Chrome OS with Hangouts, but...it's Hangouts.
>>
>>58276962
To 100 messages a month... Depends on your SMS use.
>>
>>58277485
Ya easy senpai... reinstall Mac OS
>>
>>58275913
Cell carriers in non-third world countries have free email-to-SMS service, or even a website form to send messages within their numbers.
>>
>>58279483

There are plenty of applications other than hangouts that can allow you to send SMS from your desktop. You say MacOS doesn't have a "problem", but there is no "problem" to begin with. Several Anons in this thread have already mentioned applications to do this.
>>
>still using sms and not whatsapp
get your shit together. Whatsapp desktop master race
>>
>>58275913

I got a google voice # and use the hangouts extension.
>>
>>58275913

if you have google fi you can use hangouts with your carrier # on your desktop, I had to get rid of it though because hangouts was way way too much a month for me
>>
>>58279942
shut up tripfag
>>
>>58282201
oh shit damn my dude
>>
>not using a BNC on your VPN and irc to speak to people
>Speaking to people who aren't on irc
>>
>>58275913
Most carriers have a way on their website.
You can make your own script where you type stuff manually, or even do a database lookup and send a random excuse or something like that.
>>
>>58280522
That's what I have. Before Hangouts, it was Google Voice. I've been texting on my computer for almost a decade with this setup.
>Doesn't everybody?
>>
>>58283389
How can I do this?
>>
>>58276013
Yes
>>
>>58279915
I know Verizon has this
>>
>>58283389
I do.
Always surprised when people don't use Google Voice for SMS and calls.
If my phone breaks I can use my tablet or laptop to send and receive calls and messages.
>>
I just sent myself a grocery list to [my_number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com, and now it's on my phone.

You can find your address for that by sending an SMS to your email address. Often cuts off longer messages instead of sending multiple.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.