[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Vega is in 5-10% range of the Titan, then it won't be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

If Vega is in 5-10% range of the Titan, then it won't be priced under $700 at all.

I think
>>
I know AMD isn't charity but it being priced $500 would be killer, would literally hoborape the entire Nvidia overpriced lineup.

Then again if the die is small they could get away with it.
>>
>>58275898
And NVIDIA would still outsell them because they have superior mindshare.
>>
>>58276555
That's a different bag of worms, and to stop such lunacy it would require for /v/'s kind to grow a brain.

A most difficult undertaking.
>>
>>58275898
It won't be, there is no insentive to do that as Nvidia has a position where they wpuld just counter the price point, with a half year lead production will be smoth and the bigest chunk of R&D will be covered next to AMD with a new chip and 100% of R&D costs outstanding. This is why duopolies don't work any better than monopolies.
>>
>>58275863
Nvidia already has a 16gb hbm2 card out?
>>
>>58277088
Haha
>>
>>58277088
I think they have a Tesla, wasn't GP100 a HBM chip?
>>
>>58275863
I thought the move to 16gb hbm meant ~2 teraflops bandwidth?
>>
>>58277131
There's no point to so much bandwidth when the GPU can't hope to use it.
>>
>>58277178
Still, thought it was unavoidable for some reason related to number of channels or something. Guess not.
>>
>>58277131
No, 1TB/s was the originally advertised bandwidth for Gen 2. It seems both Nvidia and AMD have realised 1TB/s was overkill with their current micro-architectures, so have opted for lower bandwidth solutions. GP100 has the memory downlocked, to reach 720GB/s. Whereas Vega will use a 2 stack 2048bit bus instead of a four stack 4096bit bus design, achieving 512MB/s.

I think AMD has the right idea though, using only two stacks means being able to have a smaller and less complex interposer, which should help reduce costs and improve margins.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.