[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a Win10 laptop as usable for a physically and mentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_5056-1481464952902149712370.png (100KB, 506x395px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5056-1481464952902149712370.png
100KB, 506x395px
How do I make a Win10 laptop as usable for a physically and mentally handicapped patient as possible?

I'm this guy's caretaker. I told his family they should get him a tablet for Christmas but instead they got the cheapest laptop they can find and I'm trying to make the best of it for him. I removed as much bloat as I can and gave him Google chrome with ublock origin and Avast Antivirus with minimal installation settings and the pop up reminders set to only last like 2 seconds.

I made his icons and mouse pointers as big as windows would let me and made sure chrome was the only icon on his screen. (He only wants to go on Facebook and YouTube as far as I know. Communication is difficult with him sometimes.)

Even then, he still needs me to reinstruct him on getting online.

Does /g/ have any advice for how I can greater improve his ease of access? I know all I've done so far is pretty normie tier but it's his computer and I want to minimize the amount of technical stuff he needs to potentially deal with.
>>
>>58271937
How about a web kiosk mode where Windows boots to a fullscreen browser and doesn't let you exit?
>>
>>58271937
>chrome was the only icon on his screen.
>Even then, he still needs me to reinstruct him on getting online.
>Facebook and YouTube as far as I know.
Why not three icons: Facebook, Youtube and Chrome so he does not need to even click that chrome icon most of the time.
>>
>>58271961
This is even better idea than mine >>58271977
>>
>How do I make a Win10 laptop as usable for a physically and mentally handicapped patient as possible?

install gentoo

(here are the accesability options in windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windows10/ )

I have no idea what other things that can be done.

>He only wants to go on Facebook and YouTube as far as I know

what about making one icon for each on the desktop? Windows 10 is likely the hardest of the big OS available to use for someone who is tech illiterate.

Even several Linux flavors like Ubuntu and Mint is much easier to use. I always install ubuntu for old family members. Windows 10 can even be confusing to people who used windows for a long time due to that start screen and you have to look hard to get out of it.
>>
I didn't even think of just putting shortcuts to Facebook or Youtube on his screen. I'll try that and see if it cuts down on him needin help.

While I'm here, is there someway with Chrome or any other browser I can prevent him from opening lots of empty New Tabs? I don't even know how he's doing it, but when I check the computer in the morning there they are.
>>
>>58272085
you can try some addon to disable the new tab hotkey?
>>
>>58271937
Retards should be gassed
>>
>>58273183
I agree, why are you still here though?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.