[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are now in the year 2017, the entire world seems to be moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 6ab0c063b6483ef4322d093d4b1db330.jpg (151KB, 884x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ab0c063b6483ef4322d093d4b1db330.jpg
151KB, 884x1200px
We are now in the year 2017, the entire world seems to be moving toward wirelessness. Will the personal computer and laptop become obsolete technology?

Will we all be able to interface with a giant supercomputer, by way of micro-electronic handheld technology? This is an interesting concept to seriously consider. Will we all have the ability to access and process information by mobile telephones, or some type of miniture handheld technology? This will become a possibility.

People can now transmit electronic mail, check financial activity and browse the internet through their mobile phones. But this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as possibilities are concerned.

Imagine one day of having the activity to accomplish all your daily tasks anywhere at any time without having to be at a particular location to achieve a certain task. In today's fast paced society people want unlimited flexibility and mobility, this is now mandatory for virtually every aspect of human progress.

Almost everyone possesses a cellular telephone, and the subscription number is expanding exponentially. One day we will all be wireless and this is a fact. One day we will be able to do almost everything by remote control, with a multiple array of digital handheld devices.

What will the implications be for humanity?

Who will benefit and who will suffer?

These are the important questions that we as a society must seriously ask ourselves.

We are all atomic and sub-atomic particles, and we are all wireless, for now.
>>
>>58271285
Cloud Computing Buzzwords, the post.
>>
>>58271312
>I can't read
>>
File: 1247441444832.jpg (66KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
1247441444832.jpg
66KB, 261x221px
>>58271285
>We are all atomic and sub-atomic particles, and we are all wireless, for now.
>>
>>58271285
>Will we all have the ability to access and process information by mobile telephones, or some type of miniture handheld technology?
We already can unless, you use an iPhone. I SSH into my Linux machines from my phone all of the time. There's also VNC, Samba, you name it, it's already supported.
Why would you ever want to rely on a centralized "giant supercomputer"? That concept is a threat to free thought. Google is a close approximation to what you describe and just look at the potential threats they pose to freedom.
>>
>>58271285
2017 will be the year of Facebook take over of the internet the ultimate botnet.
>>
>>58271285
>unlimited flexibility and mobility
If there was a way to have low latency internet without datacaps and a minimum speed of 16mbit anywhere on earth even in antarctica then maybe but only maybe.
>>
>>58271285
It's a general purpose microcomputer. Not a facebook machine.
>>
>>58272667
Impossible due to megacorps and Jews
>>
>>58271285
Perhaps some day, but modern highest-end phone still boasts around 1/10 of the power a normal x86 core has.

The bloating piles of shit that are the current generation of new websites with their 2MB+ javascript add-ons keep chewing the advances away or several years to come.

Producing absolutely anything is still really only possible on a workstation, laptop at least and that doesen't seem to be changing anytime soon, unless streaming suddenly becomes an option, which in current state of the internet becoming more isolated and regulated is not going to happen (also several companies pushing for datacaps).

For strictly media consumption these devices are already chewing the majority of normies budget.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.