[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright you fucking nerds, if you think you know all about computers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: socialLogo.png (33KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
socialLogo.png
33KB, 1024x1024px
Alright you fucking nerds, if you think you know all about computers I want you to explain to me how this shit works.

Okay so, Flash Player runs like ass on my computer. It has nothing to do with the computer itself or viruses, it's the same deal and I tried it in two different brand new computers, also tried an offline SWF player and three different internet providers and it runs the same on all that shit. Now forget all that, even if you could explain why Flash runs like shit here is where it gets stupid and I have yet to find anyone on the internet who had this happen to them.

Although Flash Player runs badly no matter what, once I have an active Skype Call the performace is enhanced and the file plays smooth and with no problems. But as soon as I end the call, it's back to being shit. How exactly is making a Skype Call enhancing Flash Player's performance? Wouldn't having more programs running actually make it worse?
>>
>>58270478
>skype
>>
>>58270492
fucking skypes
>>
>>58270478
flash uses a bit of processing power, so does skype, skype uses less processing power during a call(because fuck you) and flash takes that processing power.

next question
>>
>Flash Player runs like ass on my computer

Sounds normal

>It has nothing to do with the computer itself or viruses, it's the same deal and I tried it in two different brand new computers, also tried an offline SWF player and three different internet providers and it runs the same on all that shit.

Nothing unusual here.

>Although Flash Player runs badly no matter what, once I have an active Skype Call the performace is enhanced and the file plays smooth and with no problems.

Are you playing flash shit while having skype calls? Enhanced performance in flash when running skype... Sounds like a bug, flash is not supposed to run smoothly ever.

>How exactly is making a Skype Call enhancing Flash Player's performance? Wouldn't having more programs running actually make it worse?

Maybe Skype is blocking some Flash feature that makes the performance shit.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>58270478
If computer isn't the problem, the problem is you. By "computer" you must likely meant a laptop, set the power plan to performance then. The difference isn't just in the default settings, it actually uses different frequency governors.
>>
>>58270523
But why would a Skype call boost Flash Player's performance? I tested this. I play a SWF file and it runs poorly, but I call the Echo Test Service and then it runs alright.
>>
>>58270545
By keeping the CPU running at higher frequency.
>>
>>58270556
So then how do I make my CPU run at a higher frequency withuot having to make calls all the damn time? Funny enough, I came across this inccident when I called my friend on Skype to fix my issues with Flash, and he told me to put a candle next to my computer so it would make the CPU run faster.
>>
>>58270597
Minimum processor state: 100%.
>>
>>58270634
I'm gonna try that then. That's not gonna increase the power consumition though, right?
>>
>>58270661
It'll fucktouple it obvioulsy. Your CPU stays at 800MHz most of the time, now it won't.
>>
Go into power settings and set your profile to High Performance. Does that help? What about disabling an integrated GPU?

My guess is your GPU is in a lower-power state (or a dedicated GPU is running on integrated/standby). Skype being in a call (as far as it knows, potentially a video call) is asking the driver to shift into a higher-power state. That could affect the performance of the Flash player, which is primarily GPU-accelerated but the GPU driver isn't letting it affect the P-state.

If you knew what a clusterfuck it was in there, you probably wouldn't want to know, and I'm not even talking about the Flash player here.
>>
>>58270661
Well, it probably will. Are you worried about battery time?
>>
>>58270661
It will. Depending on power options your computer only uses a percentage of your processing power as max when you are using battery power. Your battery will last longer, but your computer will be slightly slower.
>>
>>58270684
It's not a laptop. I don't like laptops, I only have desktops. So it's not really that, I just don't want higher electricity bills that what I already get.
>>
>>58270698
The actual dollar amount per CPU time is not big I doubt you will notice much if you have a refrigerator and other appliances.
>>
>>58270698
CPU running at full load consumes less than an incandescent lightbulb.
>>
>>58270739
It worked. Making the power consumition higher made Flash Player run faster. Skype must have been automatically consuming more energy when a call was made, so i'm guessing that's the explanation. I'm just gonna check how the electricy is later. Thanks dudes, this thing's been bothering for a long time now.
>>
>>58270478
>Flash
>Skype

Did I travel back in time?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.