[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting a new phone soon, and can't decide between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: avg.png (822KB, 864x1404px) Image search: [Google]
avg.png
822KB, 864x1404px
I'm getting a new phone soon, and can't decide between an iPhone 7 Plus, or a Google Pixel.

My current phone is an iPhone 6. I listen to a lot of music, and I'm really into photography (although most of the time I've got my camera with me when I need to take pictures).

Can you get Apple Music on the Google Pixel? If so then that's probably a deal breaker for me.

What do you recommend?
>>
>>58268248
Yes you can get Apple music on Android
>>
>>58268248
I recommend you kill yourself, faggot.
>>
If you are really into music then you should try listening to lossless.
>>
Pixel. It's GOAT
>>
>>58268256
Well that makes the Google Pixel a lot more appealing now.

>>58268258
I've already tried that, didn't work out before.

>>58268269
I listen to lossless music on my computer, but when I'm on the go I prefer to have whatever music I want available to be streamed.
>>
I mean, iPhones are pretty dope when you jailbreak then.
The pixel has a horrible chin and probably worse battery life.
If you're buying an iPhone I can't really see why you'd want a plus though.
What are you looking for in a phone?
>>
>>58268274

Alright. What I do is have lossless music in my plex library. When i stream it anywhere in my house its lossless but when i stream it on mobile it's compressed.
>>
>>58268275
Yeah, I loved my 6 when it was jailbroken. But I started having issues and ended up upgrading to iOS 10 when it released. Haven't been able to get it jailbroken since then unfortunately.

I feel like the normal 7 doesn't have enough upgraded features to warrant a purchase, whereas the 7 Plus does. I'm not looking for size or anything. I just want a good battery life, and a lot of space for pictures/videos.

>>58268281
Shit that's pretty interesting. I'll have to check that out.
>>
>>58268275

The battery life on the pixel is better. Unlike most android devices.
>>
>>58268275
>>58268288
Oh shit and yeah, a good camera. In case I don't have my DSLR with me, I need a phone with a really good camera.
>>
File: apple_security.png (786KB, 951x922px) Image search: [Google]
apple_security.png
786KB, 951x922px
Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse 4chan and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HACKING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

You can spout all the "lagdroid XDddd---" memes you want but Android phones truly are more advanced than itoddler phones and the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market now.

Why ON EARTH would you ever unironically ever consider getting an iturd at all?
>>
>>58268288

Yeah, plex also works for video. I run mine on a repurposed PC with 6tb storage. I have qbittorent set up to pirate a selection of tv shows of eztv RSS. Works a treat. The Pixel has a better camera than the iPhone unless you are zooming.
>>
>>58268288
Oh, alright.
I thought you just wanted a bigger iPhone (which is fucking stupid)

And yeah, waiting for JB is a bitch.
Pangu has a 10 JB though. They just haven't released it.

>>58268289
It is? That's nice.
Still, it's a terrible designed phone.
If OP cares about asthetics the only reason why I'd pick Pixel over iPhone is for more ports and android being a more relaxed environment

>>58268295
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
Not possible without rooting.
Everything else is either software (fully possible) or hardware dependant (only if phone has that function), so you're just spouting general things that mostly don't apply.
>>
>>58268311
A chinkphone might also be good. My mi 4c was $100 and is effectively a slower pixel with ressurectionremix and the pixel launcher. Might be worth buying one to see if you will like android.
>>
>>58268332
You can use most optimisation software without rooting and rooting is often easier and available on the newest firmware more soon than ios.
>>
>>58268295
>Android
>"real" encryption
>AMOLED
>better colors

lolwut

>download over 100MB over mobile data

You can do this in iOS.

The rest of the list is largely worthless and only appeal to people too poor to use a computer for this tasks or people who make bad purchase decisions in the first place.
>>
>>58268352
You cannot affect anything system related without root, you liar.
You can "optimize" your phone the same way you can download ram.
It's basically killing background processes and that's it
>>
>>58268373

Dev settings retard. You can access this without root and so can apps. They can optimise things like animation speed. Can't do that on stock ios.
>>
>>58268378
That does not affect system performance, fuckface.
It just affects how long animations will be on the screen.
>>
>>58268384
Sorry, shitty example. Try android maid. You have to be jailbroken to use icleaner on ios.
>>
>>58268390
Again, that just cleans up files that are left over.
Like cleaning registry.

You just can't admit you're wrong, can you
>>
>>58268248
Pixel really is the way to go. I went from Samsung s6 to iPhone 6 to Pixel and the Pixel blows both out of the water. The battery life is so much better than Samsung with all it's bloatware garbage and I thought I would like the iPhone, but having to install iTunes just to put music files on my phone killed that for me.
>>
>>58268332
>Not possible without rooting.
Wrong. Look up dev mode for android.

>Everything else is either software (fully possible) or hardware dependant (only if phone has that function), so you're just spouting general things that mostly don't apply.
But when compared to phones like the V20 or S7 they do. Of course a $20 wallmart phone is shit compared to an iturd 7
>>
>>58268405
You cannot "modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain" from dev settings.
Stop being delusional.
>>
>>58268412
I'm the first guy. 58268412 is someone else. I gtg now. Bye cunts
>>
>>58268248
i switched to an iphone 7 after using android for years and i don't regret it at all. go for the iphone
>>
>>58268435

but what about dat amoled screen your missing out on?

>DAT AMOLED
>>
>>58268582
even with the relatively low res of the iphone it looks pretty good. can't tell much difference between my last 1440p phone
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.