[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is LG a good TV brand? Is LED the way to go? What's in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: TV.jpg (124KB, 1592x1080px)
TV.jpg
124KB, 1592x1080px
Is LG a good TV brand? Is LED the way to go?

What's in your mom's basement right now, and would you recommend it?
>>
>>58264994
it depends.
if you can deal with the led backlight dimming issue then go ahead and get one.
>>
>>58264994
If you're going high-end, then yes, LG OLED is as good as you can get.

If you're going cheap LCD, you're probably better off with Samsung.
>>
>>58264994
>Is LG a good TV brand?
I've had several LG monitors, all only slightly outlasted their warranties.

>Is LED the way to go?
"Need more information" The best LED beats the best CCFL, but you're probably looking at shitty LED (long life, crappy colors) vs crappy CCFL (short life, better colors).

>What's in your mom's basement right now, and would you recommend it?
Last I checked, about 300 lbs of forgotten potatoes that have sprouted and are trying to form their own jungle. Would not recommend.
>>
>>58265026
>backlight dimming issue
Wat is?

>>58265072
>LG OLED
Noted, thank you. I am looking to spend about a grand.

>>58265093
>potatoes
>>
Does 4K need about 5 more years, or so to mature?
>>
>>58264994
> Is LED the way to go?
only if there's an O before LED
>>
>>58266353
I think so. I bought a 60 inch 1080p Sony earlier today. I don't have any 4K content and you need to sit super close to a massive tv to even see 4K.
>>
>>58264994
LED is just the backlight type, which has mostly replaced the old type (CCFL) now. It won't necessarily give you a better picture.

The backlight provides the light, but the part that actually makes the picture (by color filtering the light) is still the same old LCD, and still has the same old LCD problems. This goes for the new buzzwords you might see around, like IGZO and Quantum Dot (the the latter could be used to make a new, better alternative to LCD, initially it won't).

OLED is something completely different from LCD. Rather than the backlight + color filter combo of LCD, OLED pixels emit light directly. There are some trade offs, but currently OLED is able to give you the best possible picture. However, because it's newer it's also more expensive, and at the moment you can't get an OLED TV for less than about $2k (sometimes as low as $1500 on sale).

There's a bunch of new tech coming to displays in the next year, such as HDR (which expands the dynamics range; brights are brighter, while darks can retain more detail), and HFR (high frame rate), so it may be worth waiting. 4k suffers from a lack of content right now as well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.