[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 52

File: CR_rK9lXIAAk7FY.png (438KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
CR_rK9lXIAAk7FY.png
438KB, 600x401px
>>
last thread:
>>58253298
>>
Would only being able to supply power to one of my two 200R case fans matter? The new (mini) board I got can only connect to one. Is the difference between 2/2 and 1/2 negligible?
>>
>>58261130
>>58261144

Still looking for some sort of guidance here. I've tried swapping channels in the router, and disabling wireless autoconfig, but I get these instantaneous disconnects, which is especially noticeable when I'm playing Quake Live
>>
If I have a PC with separate audio and microphone jacks and I get, say, a gaymen headset with a single audio jack, will the microphone on that headset work if I plug it into the audio jack?
>>
>>58262223
The real advantage is two fans running at 50% is WAY quieter than one running at 100%. Also you can spend $5 on a fan splitter.
>>
>>58262250
What are you using? 5ghz? 2.4? First try 5ghz if that doesn't work something in your area is giving off too much interference try powerline networking.
>>
>>58262333
No you need a headphone splitter. Pick one up on Amazon for under $5
>>
>>58262250
did you try calling your ISP? and tell them you keep getting request timeout?
>>
>>58262333
you should get hyper x cloud 2, cloud 1 if you cant afford the 2. by far the most comfortable headset i've used
>>
>>58262442
>fan splitter
Thanks. I should've realized there would be a solution like this.
>>
File: Cases2.jpg (397KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cases2.jpg
397KB, 2000x1000px
Enthoo Evolv mATX or Node 304? I want something mostly metal, quiet, and compact with good drive support and cooling. I have no plans to do water cooling.
>>
>>58262513
I might, I was looking at the kraken pro v2 cause it's ten dollars less than the hyperx, but I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>58262656
iirc the node 304 isn't designed with the same foam that the fractal define series has - for that you gotta go with the fractal define mini
>>
>>58262656
also the node 304 is mitx, not matx - but fits a standard atx powersupply
>>
>>58262723
>>58262737
Apparently the layered plastic/aluminum front panel on the Node does pretty well with sound dampening, and I could always add sound dampening sheets if I wanted to.

And I know they're not the same form factor, I just wanted to find something smaller than a mid tower then figure out what I'll put in it later.
>>
>>58262761
ah, fair enough - you should still be able to find a motherboard with 6 satta ports to fill out the node 304, although you may have to shop around a bit.
if all you need is one daughterboard with a x16 width pci-ex slot, then mitx is definitely good enough - you only really need matx or atx nowadays if you have a need for more daughterboards.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-12-31 17.49.57.png (3MB, 2688x864px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-12-31 17.49.57.png
3MB, 2688x864px
how do I get the taskbar on a 2nd monitor in windows 10 to display system tray icons and still have them on the 1st monitor?
>>
Why don't more people use their HDMI capable TVs for everyday computer usage? Is it a power issue?
>>
how to get into practical machine learning, something I could start creating relatively quickly
>>
>>58262871
Resolution
Ergonomics
Power
>>
>>58262871
Probably because their TV is too big for that? I had a 23-inch that I used, but I probably would've gotten a bigger one if I had the money (this was years ago).
>>
Downloading drivers.

Is there a way to disable telemetry for nvidia before installing? Lots of files here I don't need like shadowplay...
>>
>>58262871
TV panels are pretty shit unless you got a really high end one.
>>
File: working in background.png (21KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
working in background.png
21KB, 640x640px
Ever since I overclocked my CPU, this cursor has been appearing more frequently and it is triggering my OCD....can someone explain it?
>>
What is a good site that compares/benchmarks graphics cards that doesn't require you to click through a dozen pages?
I used to use anandtech but they don't have the cards I want to look at. I want up to date comparisons of the RX460, RX470 4GB, RX480 4GB, and GTX 1050Ti
>>
>>58263101
the cursor itself is called 'working in background', i believe - it's when something that's not in focus (ie where you clicked last, or something running in another instance of chrome if you're using that) is doing something - it has nothing to do with overclocking unless you're using some kind of dynamic overclocking that's controlled by an application running in the background.
>>
>>58262149
Is that a psu an if so, why is there a bloody lightbulb there?
>>
>>58263125
http://videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
>>
>>58263157
bonus points for this, if you enable javascript and hover over a card you get a little button that says something like 'compare' where you can add a few cards at a time and compare them
>>
>>58263139
alright, so i shouldn't be worried? maybe it was like this before and Im just so paranoid about overclocking that ive been noticing it more now(?)
>>
>>58263174
>>58263157
Thanks this helps
still open to more suggestions though something that test framerates in various games would be nice
>>
mIRC won't let me use it after the trial period. How can I bypass the exit screen? Barring that, is there a safe crack out there?
>>
>>58263139
and btw this thing seems to happen when nothing is really going on in the background. im monitoring my cpu in task manager and its usage is low but the "working in background" cursor is still going off....kinda stumped about this
>>
File: 1476851123774.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476851123774.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
What are the actual consequences of never updating Windows? Specifically after October, when they introduced cumulative updates that you can't tell what's in them.
>>
>>58263205
it's definitely confirmation bias

>>58263212
you said benchmarks, though.. that usually means higher number = better, tested through emperical means. framerate tests don't mean much unless your system is the same as their testbench.

>>58263218
well, modern windows does a lot more maintainance on itself than windows 95 did, which is when i was last doing stuff involving this sort of thing - but generally speaking anything that triggers 'working in background' is something that's not taking up a whole lot of cpu cycles, or it shouldn't be running in the background in the first place.

>>58263213
stop using mirc, it's a shitty client with multiple exploits demonstrated against it.

>>58263254
aside from the ever-present risk of exploits besides 0day ones? not much.
look, nsa already has microcode injected into your computer that makes it so that unless you airgap your computer with its own power generator in a faraday cage, they can probably read what you're doing even if you're encrypting it at application level.
>>
>>58263288
>stop using mirc, it's a shitty client with multiple exploits demonstrated against it.
Which client do you recommend then?
>>
Any one have the site for windows 7 license key. Used daz in the past but cant find a reliable source at the moment.
Need it cuz I just upgraded to a ssd and the license wont transfer over
>>
>>58262149
reminder:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
>>
>>58263288
>but generally speaking anything that triggers 'working in background' is something that's not taking up a whole lot of cpu cycles
I'm a little confused by what you meant here...can u clarify?
>>
File: aflkdjajf.png (301KB, 1300x2275px) Image search: [Google]
aflkdjajf.png
301KB, 1300x2275px
I'm extracting a model from a 3ds game

and I'm new to using cmd
I'm using an application some guy made to extract the .xc files

up until now I've been doing it manually (one .xc at a time)
is there a cmd prompt that extracts .xc files into their own folders/do it all together?

the cmd prompt is C:Users\Folder\> -i fileA.xc -o fileA
>>
File: cale_reed.jpg (69KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
cale_reed.jpg
69KB, 592x394px
what is a good music player (for linux) that doesn't look like shit?
>>
>>58263364
not him but hexchat, obviously
beware, your antivirus may close it if it finds something "weird"
>>
Is modern algebra useful for many programmers?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-31_16-15-46.png (311KB, 798x902px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-31_16-15-46.png
311KB, 798x902px
>>58263665
I like Deadbeef.
>>
>>58263737
Luckily, I have no antivirus. Looks barebones compared to mIRC but so long as I can always use it. Managed to get to my network and channel just fine. For some reason Chatzilla doesn't acknowledge Rizon.
>>
Can one set a bridge for a underprivileged LXC container if one is using network-manager? If so, how?
>>
>>58263813
As somebody (not the guy you're replying to) who used mIRC forever and loved the way I had it set up, hexchat is the closest thing you'll get to that client. It may look a little funky at first and probably not run as stable as mIRC did, but it's still fast, light, and has a similar amount of features. It's one of the few categories of programs where I can honestly say the alternative to the big name everyone used is pretty good.

Put your server tree on the left, your user list on the right, expand the size of the chatbox a bit, set up your highlights, change the font if you need, fix the colors to something you're familiar with, and so on. You'll be right at home again.
>>
>>58262461
I'm running on 2.4 Ghz right now, but I can't seem to connect on the 5 Ghz band of my router. I don't think it's the network adapter, though, because my laptop can't connect as well.

>>58262485
I'm pinging my router, so it seems to be a problem with my network adapter.
>>
Are intel cpus like AMD CPUs in the sense that I can overclock them on just about any motherboard?

For example, my FX 6300 is running at a stable 4.2ghz on a cheap micro ATX motherboard and I wonder if I can do sort of the same shit with the i5 6600k.
>>
>>58264281
Yes, but make sure to go for a gigabyte one and not the shitmsi and cuckasasus.
>>
>>58264281
You need a z series chipset to overclock a 6600k unless you get an older version with unpatched firmware
>>
File: B150M-A M.2.jpg (192KB, 938x630px) Image search: [Google]
B150M-A M.2.jpg
192KB, 938x630px
My new build isn't turning on.
Already checked the CPU and it seems to be okay.
The GPU's led turns on, so the PSU might not be it.
I think I'm connecting the Power Button/Restart Button cables into the wrong plug. The red circle is where I have them right now.
>>
I've got an FX 8350 Black Edition that's about 3 years old now. Recently I rebuilt my system, but I'm using the same mobo and CPU from before. I've been getting random bluescreens, and deducted that the CPU was causing the problem. At first I simply thought it was the temps, as it reached 60-62c while playing a game. I redid the airflow, and have been watching the temps, which haven't gotten high since. I opened AMD OverDrive and ran a stability test, and it gave me "Illegal sumeout" and "Possible hardware failure" twice, then self-stopped the test. I went into BIOS and messed with a couple of the settings, which I'm embarrassed to say I don't know much about. I set the "AI Overclock Tuner” to “D.O.C.P” in the BIOS, and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Why am I running into these problems with my stock CPU?
>>
Hello is this the stupid questions thread ?
>>
>>58264466
yes, good question.
>>
>>58263254
some important security updates got jammed into those telemetary packages
I wouldn't connect to the internet without them
>>
File: cpu power.jpg (214KB, 938x630px) Image search: [Google]
cpu power.jpg
214KB, 938x630px
>>58264420
1) Check this other red circle, make sure that is plugged in.
2) Make sure your RAM is properly seated
3) Your red circle is correct, its labeled F_PANEL aka Front Panel. Look at the manual though and make sure its plugged in the correct way. Could also try pressing the reset button as a quick test, I've put my power button on reset a few times.
4) Take out a stick of ram and try each one individually.
5) Manually reset CMOS (read the manually, usually means taking out the battery or flipping a jumper)
6) Take your motherboard out and make sure the standoffs under it are properly aligned, it may be shorting out.

If all that fails then it might be the PSU. A PSU can actually turn on idle components like a LED and fans but still fail to turn on the whole PC. Could be forgetting some things as well myself but should be a decent starting point.
>>
>>58264657
This. My first PC I totally missed that red circle. It's a dumb mistake that a lot of people do.
>>
File: no keyboard detected, press F1.jpg (89KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
no keyboard detected, press F1.jpg
89KB, 1032x581px
>>58264657
1. It is. The cable has 8 pins, so I plugged the 4 pins that match and left the others hanging.
2. Checked.
3. There's where I fucked up. The new manual for M.2 motherboards has like 40 pages less than the previous manual. They shoved a bunch of stuff into QR codes located in the corner of pages and I missed them.

A million thanks, I'll go install Windows now.
>>
>>58262149
Some phone questions. I'm super new to android so.

1) How can I make a gif or webm a live wallpaper? Preferably so I can plug it into a FOSS wallpaper changer app I'm running. I can't seem to find anything with the google except apps I'm not sure I want to have on my device.
>>
File: 1397715319123.jpg (46KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
1397715319123.jpg
46KB, 300x442px
If I were to go with 32gb of DDR4 RAM, would I never have to worry about my browser crashing after I have a bajillion tabs open across 5 windows?
>>
>>58265235
Presumably, as long as it's not full of Javascript or a shit ton of streams/torrents.
>>
REEEEE

WHY IS MULLVAD DOWN

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Anybody know of a working twitch VoD downloader, or can somebody help me troubleshoot why the one I normally use, TwitchLeecher, is giving me an error on this particular VoD?

Here's the error in the download log:

Download task ended with an error!

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Models.VodPlaylistPartExt..ctor(Int32 index, String extinf, String remoteFile, String urlPrefix, String localFile)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Models.VodPlaylist.Parse(String tempDir, String playlistStr, String urlPrefix)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Services.TwitchService.RetrieveVodPlaylist(Action`1 log, String tempDir, String playlistUrl)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Services.TwitchService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<StartQueuedDownloadIfExists>b__2()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Models.VodPlaylistPartExt..ctor(Int32 index, String extinf, String remoteFile, String urlPrefix, String localFile)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Models.VodPlaylist.Parse(String tempDir, String playlistStr, String urlPrefix)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Services.TwitchService.RetrieveVodPlaylist(Action`1 log, String tempDir, String playlistUrl)
at TwitchLeecher.Services.Services.TwitchService.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<StartQueuedDownloadIfExists>b__2()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---
>>
how save is it to browse via tor?
>>
My brother got some thermal paste inside a 24 pin. How the fuck do I clean this shit? It got inside in about 4 holes.
>>
>>58265633
Cum on it. Or use a swab with alcohol. Or a needle if it's too narrow.
>>
>>58265633
use a needle
>>
>>58265673
>>58265677
Will it fry the motherboard if there's any left? I cleaned out most of it with a swab.
>>
I don't know if it's something to do with optimization or what, but I don't really understand how I can take some game from 7 or 8 years ago and have it push my GPU to ~75C while a game from a year ago, with higher requirements, will push it up to ~65C. I even try playing the former at a lower resolution and/or windowed. I've set frame limits so I know it's not trying to push out hundreds more frames per second or anything like that. I just don't understand how a less demanding game could stress the GPU more.
>>
>>58265828
It was coded poorly
>>
>>58265732
what kind is it
>>
>>58265882
Silver grease
>>
>>58265925
if it actually has silver in it it will short out the motherboard
>>
any good youtube/general video downloader addon in firefox other than Video DownloadHelper?
I've been using for like forever and suddenly some videos are not being listed in the available media files. I'm only looking for a backup as I still like this tool.
>>
>>58265944
Damn... would it be safe to use isopropyl acohol to try and clean the 24 pin?
>>
>>58265959
youtube-dl
>>
>>58263775
Someone good at algebra can be a poor programmer.
Someone good at programming can be poor at algebra.

The common ground between the two is they both require abstract thinking.

It's useful as a base for learning abstractness, but unless you're applying programming to some sort of science, you won't really need it.
>>
>>58265959
youtube-dl
no exceptions, whatever medium
>>
>>58262149
What the fuck can I do about electrical interference in my onboard audio? All I get when I plug my headphones into the back is noise. I'd rather not have to buy a sound card.
>>
>>58265967
>>58265980
any decent GUI for that fucker?
>>
>>58266031
youtube-dl <youtube link>
come on now faggot, you dont need a gui
>>
>>58266031
youtube-dl -f 22 [url]

whoa, took an entire afternoon of study to accomplish
>>
>>58266043
>too many options by looking at github
b..but i want to maximize the tool
>>
>>58266054
you already are a maximized tool
>>
>>58266031
stop reminding me that i used to be a windows user who said things like that
it's embarrassing
>>
>>58266136
>>58266119
what if i want a different quality? what if i want subs?
what if i want the video only? or audio only?
what if i want queueing?
what if i want rate limiting?
come on, GUI makes life easier?
so, are there any? if there are none, i might write one myself. in java just to trigger you guys
>>
File: ayy.jpg (44KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
44KB, 500x649px
Would you rather have smart & ugly people breed beauty out of existence or
dumb beautiful people breed intellect out of existence?
You cannot have both.
>>
File: routing.jpg (49KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
routing.jpg
49KB, 600x381px
Laptop is Win8 with WIFI and Ethernet NICs.
My main network is 192.168.2.*
When I want to configure a new router set up for 192.168.0.*, I plug it into my ethernet port, but it kills routing on the 192.168.2.* network to where I can't access the internet while the new router is plugged in. What do I have to configure on my computer so that all traffic routes through my WIFI except for the ones directed at 192.168.0.*?
>>
>>58266173
The former
Once everyone is just as ugly then nobody will miss the beautiful
>>
>>58266165
>what if i want a different quality?
-f <quality>, -F to list
>what if i want subs?
pretty sure it gets them by default
>what if i want the video only? or audio only?
specify a video or audio-only format
>what if i want queueing?
write a script?
>what if i want rate limiting?
-r
>>
>>58266274
what if i want other options?
>>
>>58266293
Read the documentation
>>
>>58266293
man youtube-dl
>>
>>58262149
After about a month and two weeks of near-continuous usage(including things like letting windows write temp files to it constantly), my SSD is at about 0.5TBs written to it according to Samsung Magician.

Should I be worried at all or is this pacing fine?
>>
>>58266314
i'm using windows
>>58266305
it's too long
>>
>>58266323
well what's the windows equivalent to man?
>>
>>58266351
i dunno, man. what?
>>
>>58266351
man
>>
File: Untitled d.png (35KB, 849x257px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled d.png
35KB, 849x257px
Explain to me why the shit threads are autowatched and not hidden here.
>>
im a senior CS student and i have to complete a 6 week internship in order to graduate

is there anything specific i should say in my emails? i have a list of places that have gotten interns from my school in the past, so i plan on just making it a short 2 paragraphs. im not sure how technical i should be or if i should even include a resume since i don't have any work experience or major projects. all i have is school work and everything that i've read has said to not include school work

another thing is that most people did their internships at my school during their sophmore year, so im not sure if i should include my transcript either since my grades arent very good (but they would have been good if i submitted it as a sophmore lel)
>>
>>58266424
You are free labor they probably don't care.
>>
>>58266445
from the people i've talked to, all of them are paid internships and that if they're not paid i should just look elsewhere
>>
>>58266421
>vore
>shit
well, yes, but no, you know?
>>
File: gear motions.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gear motions.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>58266482
I don't share your taste, but I know what you mean.

I don't know why I can't get the filters to do what I want though, and that's why I'm posting. Not to shit on fetishes.
>>
File: a.png (8KB, 473x97px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
8KB, 473x97px
>>58266516
idk, i use 4chan X, and it's worked fine for filtering
>>
File: 1468146019057.jpg (59KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1468146019057.jpg
59KB, 500x620px
I have some hardware problems here, /g/.

>GPU temp above 100ºC
After 5 minutes in a game my video card temperature rises from 50ºC to 101ºC and FPS halves. Computer shuts down sometimes.

I've already tried manipulating the fan speed and exchanging the thermal paste, but nothing changed. My video card is an almost 4 years old GTX 670 FTW, should I just replace it?

Another question here: CPU temp at idle is between 44ºC - 48ºC, and when gaming it gets to 75ºC. Is it a good CPU temp? I use the stock coolers.
>>
>>58266603
>GPU
>thermal paste

Well there's your problem

>GTX 670
Yeah, you're on the cusp of obsolete.
Get something more beefy.

>75 deg CPU
Fine in bursts. Keep an eye out for higher. Stop what you're doing if it's 80+, and look for solutions (fans, tp, new cpu) IMMEDIATELY if 85+, you'll fry the thing in your mobo
>>
>>58266674
>>GPU
>>thermal paste

What do you mean?
>>
I keep getting the missing driver error despite copying the drivers that came in the Motherboard's DVD. How should I put those drivers in the USB? In an image? I've been putting them in only as folders.
>>
>>58266693
Anon what are you doing.

You are supposed to install them not copy them.
>>
>>58266705
I'm trying to install Windows 7. I used Rufus to put the image in an USB. It told me CD/DVD drivers were missing. I put the whole fucking 1.9GB folder into the same USB where I put the Windows image. I keep getting the same error. what do
>>
>>58266728
In the installer?

Did you install AHCI and USB 3.0 drivers?
Are you installing to a 1151 socket motherboard?
>>
>>58266691

You're telling me you're detaching the frame and heat sinks from the GPU processors, and reattaching them after swabbing/cleaning the thermal paste off and reapplying more?

Wtf are you doing with your thermal paste, pouring it on?
>>
When you encrypt your storage or phone, does it mean that the OS will need to decrypt the files first everytime before you can actually read/use it ?
>>
>>58266740
In the USB.
I have no idea how to. All those drivers are in a DVD that came in the MB's box.
Yes.
>>
>>58266746
Yeah, well, I cleaned the old thermal paste and applied a new one; just a drop. It's the same I'd do with a CPU if it was the case.

Anything wrong?
>>
>>58266752
Yes
>>
>>58266752

No, that'd be pretty unoptimized.
It means anything that isn't the OS that is trying to access it must decrypt it.

Think of it like encrypting traffic entering/leaving a VPN, but not inside.
>>
>>58266763
Use this:
https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3350

You need AHCI drivers to contine, and USB 3.0 for the keyboard/mouse.

Your USB should look like this.

Once you downloaded MSI Smart tools open it,

In Step 1 click Add USB drivers.
In Step 2 select your USB.
Once you are done your bootable USB with the installer will look like this.
>>
>>58266794
No
>>
>>58266803
>>58266763
Except the WIndows & Programs folders, that is just a folder i use to store programs i install every time i install windows on a different computer (3DPN, 3DPC, Office, Chrome, 4.5 framework, C++ packages, Daz Loader, etc).
>>
https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription
is this worth the money? decent vpn?
just casual torrenting, been getting isp emails
>>
>>58266775

If it's only started recently, then I'd assume it's just its age showing, and you're safe to get a new one. Now's a good time with the 10XX series.

If you've always had that problem, I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet after 4 years of it.
>>
>>58266882
Of course not. It started just recently. I noticed that my FPS was literally cut to half after just some minutes of gaming. I suspected it was the temp and installed a monitoring software. Turns out I was right.

Guess I'll just buy a 1060. It's not that expensive and it's a good card.
>>
File: 1397715574213.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1397715574213.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Speaking of 1060, how long can I expect this card to last me with heavy usage?
>>
>>58266939
Talking about reliability? Years.
Talking about perfomance? 2-3 years.
>>
>>58266939

It hasn't been out long enough to tell.

If you can afford the drop, I'd recommend the 1070 instead.

If you're on a budget then the 1060 still gets the job done.
>>
>>58266603
thoroughly clean dust out of the fins and off the fan blades
removing the bulk of dust only works for a while, if a coating of harder-to-remove stuff gets on there, it ruins fan efficiency and insulates the heatsink (trapping heat)

older chips don't run hotter just because they're old, they produce the same amount of heat until they die, the only thing that changes is the condition of the cooling system
>>
>>58267028
Already tried it ;-;
>>
>>58267037
you dismantled it entirely, and cleaned it back to practically-new, shiny condition, and it didn't help?

are you sure nothing else has changed? something external blocking airflow to/from the card? reduced airflow in the case? (added some hdd's, maybe?), different case than when you got the card?, etc

it could also be your setup has always caused a high temperature, and just the act of running more intensive games on it has pushed it over the edge
>>
>>58267067
Yes. Cleaning It did help, but only at idle temperatures.

I actually added a new HDD, but it was 6 months ago.

It could be the summer, I live in the southern hemisphere and it hits 30ºC easily everyday. My old card may be suffering because of this.
>>
>>58267137
>but only at idle temperatures.
you sure you applied new thermal paste properly?

is it good paste?
>>
What's the smallest labtop that isn't complete shit spec-wise and can be used constantly?
>>
>>58267179
Thinkpad x220.
13", I5, add a SSD and boom, great mobile PC for $200.
>>
>>58267177
Yes.
No. Actually, it's a shitty paste. I live in an overpiced shithole and it was all I could afford.
>>
>>58267028
One case of overheating causes the chance of another overheating to increase exponentially.

101 degrees Celsius is laughable, causing the computer to shutdown (most likely just the card, and its display capabilities), I don't think it's gonna be working in its peak efficiency, regardless of its cooling mechanisms.
>>
>>58267179
x201
>>
>>58262149

So my girlfriend and I live 2 hours away. We do watch a lot of videos on various streaming sites together. We sync up and then for some reason after a few minutes I'm several seconds ahead of her. Her video never buffers so that's not the problem.

I've tested the result on 4 of my computers and 5 of her own and it's consistent among all of them.

Any ideas?
>>
>>58265500
Bumping
>>
>>58267263

You sure it's not a latency issue in your connections with one another? The bandwidth usage of streaming causing your discord/skype/xfire with your gf lag more?
>>
>>58266803
>>58266813
Shit, it took like an hour to do but it worked. Thanks anon. I'll your post for future reference.
>>
>>58267349
An hour? took me 5 minutes when i did it.
>>
>>58267345

It starts out being sync'd up fine. It gets progressively slower over time. I've tested the latency between us and that doesn't ever get slower.
>>
>>58267353
The USB took forever to do the Windows image. It said 40 minutes if I recall correctly. USB must be getting shitty then, thanks again
>>
>>58267263
she could be dropping frames, or her player is buffering more than yours (as in more data in the buffer, not stopping to fill the buffer)
>>
>>58267392

Could this persist over several computers?
>>
why is weibo so slow to westeners?

is it just chinas way to get westerners off it or something? cuz im sure facebook in china isnt that slow
>>
>>58267360

Could be the video player software is unreliable.
Could be the browser is causing it to skip/slowdown.
Could be the CPU not able to keep up.

If you and her watched a downloaded version (e.g. with vlc) I don't suspect you'll have the same issue.
>>
>>58267263
clock sync is a difficult thing to achieve

what you need is a player that will constantly adjust the playback speed slightly to match the other person
>>
>>58267409
facebook in china is blocked
>>
>>58267409
Internet is a series of tubes. The tubes to china are very long, so it takes a while for stuff to come through to the other side.
>>
>>58267409

Facebook has servers worldwide. So when Chinese try to connect (assuming they can), they connect to their lowest-latency (usually closest) server, so they get fast load times. You do the same thing when you try to access FB.

Weibo probably ONLY has servers in China, meaning the only way for you to get there is to make a round-trip to China. Which is slow.
>>
>>58266827
can anyone recommend a decent inexpensive vpn then?
>>
>>58267427

Any suggestions on how to overcome this?
>>
>>58267263
>>58267427
try this
https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
>>
>>58262149
Macbook pro 12 running ubuntu with Astro A40 headset, mic doesn't work but does on OS X.

I checked alsamixer and everything seems to be in order. not sure what's happening
>>
can anyone recommend a good photo gallery app for android?

something with image properties (name, file size, etc) and image renaming capabilities would be great but if it just organizes really well i wouldnt mind not having the latter

the default google one seems to suck major dick
>>
I'm currently in the process of finishing up a computer build. I had to install Vista on it because that was the only disk we had in the house. I want to upgrade to 8 because my friend has a free key for it, but I can't upgrade from Vista to 8. What would be my best option of getting up to 8 from Vista without any disks?
>>
>>58267540
Quickpic 4.5.2, latter versions are botnet tier.
>>
Best all in one cooler right now?
>>
>>58267563
>>58267540
Go onto XDA and look up quickpic before it was bought by cinks
>>
>>58267556
USB
>>
>>58267509
PIA
>>
>>58267451
I thought it was a big truck?
>>
Which brand of cmos/cr2032 batteries to get on Amazon? A lot of them seem like bait and switch products or duds.
>>
>>58267556
>download win8 iso
>download rufus
>use it to create a bootable usb stick
>open bios settings and boot from usb device
>>
I'm about to finish my second year of uni (comp eng) and I'd like to look for a job in the field.

I guess I should go for programmer instead of tester.

Anyone mind telling me their own experiences?
Also some examples of projects they've worked for; I have no idea what "real" programmers do on the daily.
>>
File: a.webm (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>58267513
>>58267514
i might use this myself at some point, too
>>
File: TRUE Spirit 120M(BW) Rev.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
TRUE Spirit 120M(BW) Rev.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Is it a terrible thing to have the cpu 8 pin cable resting on top of the upper section of the cpu heatsink?
The cable was slightly too short to be comfortably routed through the back, so I couldn't be arsed and just left it there.
Pic related is my cooler and my i5 6500 isn't generally getting any hotter than 60 degrees even under heavy load for extended periods, and I'm assuming that the top fifth of the heatsink will be significantly cooler than that.
As far as I can see the cables should be able to handle such temperatures just fine, but it's not going to gradually wear it down and give me trouble a few years down the line, is it?
>>
>>58267769
its fine as long as its not putting enough stress on it to lift it off or something
>>
>>58267769
Yes.
Your PSU is probably backwards.
>>
>>58267780
It's just touching it a bit without any stress. The cooler is pointing upwards due to space issues with the gpu and doesn't really hinder the cable at all.
>>
Does the ASROCK Z97 PRO4 pcie slot the only one for soundcards or am i just retarded because i cant seem to figure why my ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card doesnt work with its pci slots
>>
>>58268052
pci and pcie are not cross compatible
>>
>>58268052
What.
That card is PCI based, should work on the last 2 slots of your motherboard.
>>
>>58268075
Yeah but when i boot it up it says something about the power supply cords being loose its fucking weird
>>
>>58268102
Is it detected by speccy?
Did you install the drivers?
>>
File: 234098083.png (21KB, 519x292px) Image search: [Google]
234098083.png
21KB, 519x292px
>MagicISO virtual disk not supported on WIN10
What's the best virual drive software for WIN10?
>>
>>58268286
windows 8 and above should have one built in
>>
>>58262804

Not possible without third party software. I believe Display Fusion can do it, it did with Windows 8.1
>>
>>58268286
Windows itself has had this since Windows 8 you moron
>>
what's a good guide for setting on my raspberry pi to stream music to my laptop
>>
File: ducky_shine_4_photo_02.jpg (117KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
ducky_shine_4_photo_02.jpg
117KB, 600x397px
I just bought a Ducky Shine 4 and the volume keys dont seem to work as theyre supposed to.
Mute opens My Computer
Lower volume does nothing
Raise volumes opens internet browser

Im running windows 7 ultimate
>>
>>58268628
sharpkeys
>>
>>58268646
only if it comes with a matching one for his ballsack
>>
File: 1LhqKBK.jpg (46KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1LhqKBK.jpg
46KB, 1024x683px
Just got the Pixio px277 144hz 1440p IPS monitor and it has some notice bleeding in it on black backgrounds. This picture isnt mine but its similar to how mine looks (my camera made mine look WAY worse than it actually was)
Is this normal or should I consider sending it back?
>>
>>58268689
I should note: its not quite as bad as this picture except for the top right. Looks exactly the same
>>
File: 20170101_034524.jpg (514KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170101_034524.jpg
514KB, 2048x1152px
>>58268689
>>58268695
For added measure is how it looks according to my camera NOT ACCURATE FYI
>>
Which is the best 1070 to buy for rock solid 1440p 60fps? I've got an i5 6600k, msi z170a sli plus, 16gb ram

Basically the Asus 1070 or evga? Was thinking 8gb
>>
Asked in a previous thread, but got no answers.

What's the most reliable way to resell gayyming PCs? Would love to sell an old box I have as a set since I upgraded the GPU. Is it easier to sell individual parts or the whole thing? Or should I just give it away to someone I know willing to buy?
>>
File: feely feels.png (43KB, 669x627px) Image search: [Google]
feely feels.png
43KB, 669x627px
If I only get a BSoD once and it seemingly never happens again, can I stop worrying?
>>
>>58268924
Well, you're going to die someday. And so is your computer
>>
>>58268924
You're fine.
>>
What would be an easy set up for a computer that would just be used to seed torrents? I don't want to leave my main pc running because of electricity costs.
>>
>>58268924
BSoD are one of the side effects of viruses and trojans
after that, they are "deeply burrowed" in your system completely undetectable
>>
>>58262149
How do I fix this?

I'm trying to dual boot, and instead of booting into GRUB, I get this.

Wat do?
>>
not the other anon, but
>>58266165
>what if i want queueing?
you can add multiple urls seperated by a whitespace.
>>
What's the best, cheap, non-invasive antivirus right now that just werks? Got 300 days left on my Kaspersky license, but it's slightly annoying.
>>
File: 1469787551604.png (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1469787551604.png
2MB, 3840x2160px
What is a good, reputable, US vendor to buy a cheap used laptop from?
>>
>>58268970
No, they're not. BSODs are a sign of shoodily written drivers, or in rarer cases a sign of malfunctioning hardware. Modern virii has no use for a non-functioning computer or even a computer where the user suspects something is wrong, they'd much rather stealthily use your computer and/or its internet connection for something useful, making it part of a botnet, because that way they can make money while you take the fall.
>>
>>58269078
That image says you don't need a laptop, because you don't go anywhere.
>>
File: 1420038567202.png (123KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
1420038567202.png
123KB, 600x811px
>>58269102
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>58269077
Here's the thing, nobody actually knows because the only virii you have to worry about nowadays is the kind that modifies itself on-the-fly, making it basically impossible to detect with definitions or even heuristics - and the only benchmark for antivirus software anyone has come up with is how many definitions they can handle (and what the fuck does it matter if a antivirus program knows about a virus that's 25 years old? There isn't even a 16-bit execute path in Windows anymore).
The one built into Windows 10 is ~good enough~ in that it'll catch what the others catch when they catch it - the only way to be reasonably protected is to have ublock origin+noscript, never download files, and praying to Dennis Ritchie that nobody will find an exploit for your browser or any of the hundreds of libraries it uses (like the recent jpg rendering exploit which caused safari to be susceptible to remote execution, which could've been coupled with a priviledge escalation exploit - just as an example, mind you - Windows and Linux could also easily be suceptible to these kind of exploits, and have been in the past).
>>
File: 1480039134100.png (124KB, 225x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480039134100.png
124KB, 225x400px
Disclaimer: I don't know shit about electronics.
I recently moved to a new apartment. None of the electrical sockets have the third pin for grounding. I'm getting shocked by a bunch of my computer equipment when I touch metal parts if my computer has been turned on for a while.
What the fuck do I do? I assume it's a grounding issue right`. But then again, where I lived before, there also wasn't a third pin, and I didn't get shocked like this.
Can take some pics of sockets and shit if it will help. I just want to not get shocked any time I try to insert an aux cable and shit.
>>
>>58269131
Should also note that I changed power supply shortly before moving, after my old one exploded on me. Dunno if that's relevant. Can PSU's electrify shit like this?
>>
>>58269131
What kind of flooring did your previous apartment have, and what does your current apartment have? That has a lot to do with getting shocked, but there's very little you can do about it if there's no grounding on your cables and you have carpet.

>>58269145
Your PSU might be shorting out slightly on the inside of the case.
>>
>>58269130
I'm on Windows 7 though.
>>
>>58269156
Windows Defender in Windows 10 is just another name for Windows Security Essentials which is what it was called back when Windows 7 came out, it's still available under that name and uses the exact same definitions (because, as I said, it's the same program).
>>
>>58269154
Wood flooring both places. I have my computer on my desk though - is that a bad idea?
And can PSU's really do that? And if that's the case wouldn't it be doing it all the time? It takes several hours/days of my computer being turned on before I get shocked.
>>
File: tuqs.jpg (310KB, 1413x2000px) Image search: [Google]
tuqs.jpg
310KB, 1413x2000px
The last version of windows I used was WinXP, Now I need to have a Windows for work related reasons.

Which one should I go for Win7, Win8/8.1 or Win10?

Is Daz and MS TKit still a thing?
I'm not concerned about updates/security, since most of the work is offline or web browsing.
And I'll be installing it to a spare 32 GB SSD I have lying around.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>58269131
Nail to the wall with wire connected to the metal surface.
>>
>>58269156
Actually, I'm slightly wrong - Windows Defender is also available for Windows 7, Windows Security Essentials is what it evolved from, but SE itself only protects from malware and adware. Windows Defender should be included in Windows 7, 8, 8,1 and 10.
>>
>>58269175
7 or 10, it's personal preference. I vote 7.

http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>58269202
Specifically wire from the part that shocks me?
>>
>>58269258
Why not Win 8/8.1 if I may ask?
>>
>>58262658
Razer is pretty meme tier(for peripherals), I would strongly advise you chose anything other than them.
>>
im buying WD My Cloud 6tb 1bay nas

if someone can recommend better alternative for 200usdb i wouldnt pull the trigger
>>
>>58263779
thank you I was leaning towards deadbeef so now you have me convinced. Can you tag files and attach album covers to songs/albums with deadbeef?
>>
File: 1476993965598.jpg (112KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
1476993965598.jpg
112KB, 655x983px
>>58269258
>Gandalf's_Win8PE
What's that?
>>
>>58269266
Is it a part that shock or any metal surface?
>>
My computer is making a "bling" sound every 10 or so seconds, it's definitely coming from the case (not the headphones).
How do i fix it? It's driving me nuts and i've tried everything so far.
>>
>>58269577
I would guess that Win8PE implies that it's a preboot enviroment ala. Hiren's BootCD or UBCD.
Ie. a tool to boot into a seperate Windows partition on a non-writable media so that you can debug or run anti-malware of some description.

>>58269615
Open your case and figure out what's making the bling sound, as it can be many different pieces of hardware making the noise.
>>
It appears to be available from http://windowsmatters.com/author/gandalf500/
>>
>>58269258
>10
I thought Win10 activation isn't ready.
Or do you mean that you can still upgrade from 7/8 to 10?
>>
Is having Flash installed, but disabled in my browser, a security risk? I've entirely avoided it this installation, but I want it for porn.
>>
>>58269634
Why would this be better than Hiren's BootCD that have MiniXP?
>>
>>58269661
>disabled in my browser
Good enough.
What you should be worried about is WebRTC.
>>
>>58269670
Got any links or things I should search for to get info on that? Win7 and latest Firefox.
>>
>>58269577
Windows PE is a base version of windows that can be booted from portable media similar to a linux live CD. It is used as the base of a lot of bootable software like recovery/backup programs and virus scanning. Gandalf's is a custom third party blend with a ton of utilities baked in to do whatever you want.

>>58269655
MStoolkit does a form of windows 10 activation

>>58269664
It has the benifits of running more recent versions of windows, so it's able to work with advancements in boot systems and recent changes in the way disks are managed.
>>
>>58269681
WebRTC?
Decent ad blocker can do this.
>>
>>58269655
Windows 10 activation appears to use a method by which it renews a trial version that's valid for 60 days, ie. something that's not very reliable.

Windows 10 upgrades are still available for people who use assistive technologies: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade?tduid=(14c348e893a91089cb2980533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()

>>58269661
The thing is, if you're using flash for porn you're more likely to come across any exploits for flash as the ad networks for porn aren't as stringent.
Better to stick to porn websites that use html5 video and disabled WebRTC, like >>58269670
insinuated. https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/happy-bonobo-disable-webrtc/ is a tiny little add-on that fully does it, but you can do it via about:config if you don't trust add-ons to do it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 431x27px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 431x27px
>>58262149
wat do
>>
>>58269699
Is WebRTC a privacy or security concern?
>>
>>58269634
>>58269615
After thorough analysis using state-of-the-art high-end diagnostic/forensic systems (ie: the sound kept going even after the computer was turned off) i managed to narrow the culprit down to a charging smartphone whose microUSB connection was not secured properly.

Jesus fucking Christ i was almost going to grab the shotgun and fill the room full of holes.
>>
File: kqNHOyD.jpg (60KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
kqNHOyD.jpg
60KB, 623x713px
Is it possible to install windows 95 on a USB stick? I need windows 95 on my pc but i also need windows XP
>>
>>58269725
You're going to have a hard time installing 95 period, but at a minimum it will require a VM
>>
>>58269740
fugg :-dddddd
>>
>>58269712
Both. On VPNs it exposes your external IP, and who knows what MITM attacks it could be suceptible to.

>>58269719
Fucking ha. Reminds me of a weird sound I had in my room that persisted for several months before I found it: It was a cricket; I live in a climate that's usually cold enough to not get crickets, so I'd never heard them outside of movies and anime.

>>58269725
While it might be possible to install it (CPUs still have 16 bit instructions), it isn't going to support ANY modern hardware. Use virtualbox or vmware player.
>>
>>58269725
Out of curiocity, what do you need it for?
>>
File: 20161029_213348.png (2MB, 1439x2294px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_213348.png
2MB, 1439x2294px
>>58269750
my pc is 2006 old
>>
>>58269768
good for you.
>>
Say I have code in C like this:

const char *s1 = "test1";
char s2[] = "test2";

Are both "test1" and "test2" stored in .rodata, and "test2" is copied to the stack from .rodata? Or is only "test1" stored in .rodata and "test2" is only located on the stack?
>>
>>58269768
That's still modern for Windows 95 which, unsurprisingly, came out in 95.
At best, you're gonna have to hunt down drivers, since they're probably not even available on your motherboard manefacturers website.
>>
>>58269767
For a disay of the advancement of technology
>>
File: 1483232158106.jpg (34KB, 519x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483232158106.jpg
34KB, 519x480px
I'm setting up a new email (migrating from Yahoo) and am wondering if I should bite the bullet and go through GMail/Outlook, or if I should spend the money on server space and have a website.

It's an issue of security vs privacy, since I'm not certain how secure my emails will be setting up through a domain-provider's server. But I don't necessarily want botnet. I don't really use the web for anything exceedingly private.
>>
>>58269767
Because if windows 7 is less botnet than 10, then windows 95 must be least botnet of all!
>>
File: Image00008.jpg (409KB, 1260x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Image00008.jpg
409KB, 1260x1800px
>>58269686
Neat.
Can this Win8 PE run games, or other applications?
Or it's limited/Locked?
>>
>>58269831
kek

>>58269837
It loads itself into memory and doesn't have any persistent storage. It's not meant for gaming, and will typically boot into something resembling failsafe mode with networking. It's meant for debugging and running anti-malware.
>>
>>58266173
smart and ugly people breed beautiful dumb people in a cage and then brain transplant
>>
>>58269837
It can run independent executables, but it's a pain in the ass to add anything that requires an installation. If you're looking to have a fully running copy of windows on a portable drive, you would want win-to-go instead.
>>
>>58269725
>Is it possible to install windows 95 on a USB stick?
I have a work around that I use.
Install puppy linux to a USB flash drive then use QEMU with virtmanager to create vmdk files for those older OS.
Surprisingly it runs very well.
I have a 64 GB flash drive and I'm running Win NT 3.1 to XP.
>>
>>58269873
So, virtualization. virtualbox or vmware is just as good.
>>
>>58269806
Where do I find things like that?
Does driver solution pack helps?
>>
>>58263472
Call up microsoft and explain your situation, they have given me a few keys over the years(after verifying the original key is valid of course).
>>
can i install any version of android on a virtualbox and use it as if it was installed on a phone?
Have internet connection , use the play store.
I don't need to be able to make calls or anything like that
>>
>>58269881
Yes but QEMU is designed to work more like a bare metal hypervisor without requiring much of an os running in the background. Makes it more efficient, and allows for easy switching of OSes.
>>
>>58269882
I doubt you're going to find drivers to make 95 work on anything that came out in the 2000s. You have no idea how archaic that shit is.
>>
>>58269890
Ain't nobody stayin on here 13 hours
>>
>>58269892
No. You'll need an android emulator
>>
>>58269882
Manefacturer FTPs, mostly. Any other source is unreliable and likely to be infected with malware that's practically undetectable.

>>58269892
Android runs on ARM, so unless you're willing to put in a hell of a lot of effort, no. Android Studio and SDK tools contains a ARM emulator that you can use.

>>58269900
Sure, but bare-metal hypervisors like Hyper-V, ESXi and, arguably, bhyve all are intended to be used to run multiple OS' all the time, not switching between OS'. Besides, that's not this usecase.
>>
>>58269910
I normally just leave the current /SQT/ open in a tab, check in periodically.
>>
>>58269918
The point is that QEMU is about as simple and as close to the experience of booting up 95 on a modern PC as you can get.
>>
>>58269935
Good for you. But as a general rule, answering anything older than 4 hours is just thread clutter
>>
>>58269935
>>58269910 was referring to calling Microsoft, not being on 4chan. Pay attention.
>>
File: DNC Web Security Team.png (388KB, 554x480px) Image search: [Google]
DNC Web Security Team.png
388KB, 554x480px
If computer issues give me incredibly bad anxiety attacks, should I just give up hope and become a mactoddler? All I do is Photoshop and shitpost.
>>
>>58269971
But there is just no reason to have computer issues, just don't be a dumbfuck and you'll be fine.
>>
>>58269809
As bot-net as it is, gmail is fantastic, honestly if you are not doing anything illegal, using gapps makes your life a whole lot easier.
>>
>>58269915
>>58269918
I've never used android emulators before, how hard is it and can you recommend me something free and decent?
>>
>>58269991
Try bluestacks.
>>
File: 1480824782258.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480824782258.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>have Acer S271hl monitor a few years
>power button flashes yellow when turning on for a while now
>apparently means something is wrong with the power, video card, or power-save is on (it isn't)
>eventually turns on after a few seconds of being retarded
>still works just fine every day

What gives? Only thing I've changed recently is getting a new vid card, but I had the card quite a while before the flashing started, and nothing is wrong with the card. Is this like one of those automatic tire pressure gauges that always tells you your tires are low despite them being just fine? I'm getting the same vibe.

Anyone deal with this shit before? What'll fix it? Factory reset? New cables? Ignore it?
>>
>>58270060

Never mind this question. Factory reset seems to have fixed it. That was easy.
>>
>>58269590
It's specifically the plugs and stuff. Like the computer AUX connections, AUX connections on my sound card, connections to my keyboard.
>>
>>58269869
>pain in the ass to add anything that requires an installation
Why?
Write protection? I'm thinking of installing some eroge.
>win-to-go
So I just install Win8 to a USB flash drive?
>>
>>58270115
Dude, your mobo is failing.
>>
>>58270124
>Write protection?
No, it's just not built to let applications install the normal way, with registry integration and all that. You have to use a special process

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749312(v=ws.10).aspx

>So I just install Win8 to a USB flash drive?
You can't install normal windows to anything but an internal drive. win-to-go is a special kind of windows designed to run a hardware check every time it boots to load up the appropriate drivers.

http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_US/What-is-Windows-To-Go.html
>>
>>58266016
Have you overclocked your cpu? If so try disabling cpu and pcie spread spectrum in the bios.

If its an older motherboard, it can be just shitty/worn out components also, in which case you're fucked.
>>
What's the best OS for a NAS that is exclusively for doing incremental backups and deduplication of a server?

Also keep in mind that that NAS shouldn't been powered on 24/7, since it's actually only for backup and only light redundancy like ZFS Z2 is required.

Also there are hardware limitations, hence I'm not sure that FreeNAS is the right choice. The server that will become the FreeNAS is limited to 24GB ECC RAM and it's already 35TB of data.
>>
>>58270135
Where can I find more info on this? I haven't noticed anything wrong other than getting shocked after my computer being turned on for a day or two.
>>
>>58270190
I see.
Are there specific brands of USB flash drives I need to get?
Use this?
http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/faq/en_US/How-to-use-WinToUSB-ISO-To-USB.html
>>
give me one(1) reason i should use any other motherboard than H110

>inb4 overcucking

Nah f.a.m i aint about that shit
>>
>>58270261
Yeah use that. An external SSD/HDD would be best, but any large enough flash drive should work in a pinch. You might look into USB 3.0 ones with faster random read speeds
>>
is am3+ cpu cooler compatible with lga 1151 socket?
>>
>>58270334
not inherently
>>
>>58270334
i dont know
>>
>>58262149
How do i get a keyboard-less laptop to boot?

I found this chinkpad with a broken screen and battery but everything else works, sadly the keyboard just died so now i cant get it to boot.
>>
File: botnet.jpg (90KB, 1219x613px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.jpg
90KB, 1219x613px
so i have a spare dreamspark account with windows 7/8/10 keys.
should i sell them and for how much?
>>
>>58270323
>large enough
32 GB?
>USB 3.0
What about drivers?

Also how to activate it after making it?
>>
>>58270416
It installs generic drivers automatically, same as a normal install. Windows 8 and above shouldn't need special drivers, windows 7 needs the xhci patch for usb 3.0 just like normal win7 would. I believe that using that third party utility you don't have to worry about activation, you just need an activated windows pc to create it on
>>
>>58270486
>third party utility you don't have to worry about activation
That's worrisome.
Is it safe?
>>
Is there a program like Flux that allows you to decide when the warmer color starts?

Like, I want it to start around like 9pm. Not fucking 3pm like it does now.
>>
Why do I need to install multiple versions of.net framework?
>>
Is there anyway to reskin qbittorrent? It's ugly as fuck
>>
>>58270546
Maximum botnet compatibility.
>>
>>58270499
As safe as software companies are in general. It's not that it's somehow rigging you up a pirated license. Windows mobile variants don't require activation in the same way that normal windows does. But the tool to create a win-to-go disk is normally only included in enterprise/education editions. This lets you make a disk from any version of windows
>>
>>58263652
try using *.xc instead, every file ending in .xc will be processed
>>
>>58270252
anyone?
>>
>>58270658
>Windows mobile variants don't require activation in the same way that normal windows does
Then why doesn't MS provide it?
>But the tool to create a win-to-go disk is normally only included in enterprise/education
You mean if I got the Enterprise Win8 I can make Win2Go naively?
That's pretty cool, why would they not include it by default?
>>
>>58266351
windows users are no men
>>
File: 1317653357676.jpg (40KB, 340x319px) Image search: [Google]
1317653357676.jpg
40KB, 340x319px
Is ExtraTorrent.cc kill?
>>
I updated nvidia drivers and now my laptop is stuck on loading
I tried to hold f8 to boot in into safe mode but I only ended up on a black screen with cursor and nothing else
Google says I can't boot it into safe mode because UEFI
What do?
>>
>>58270680
They're trying to motivate people to buy enterprise without making the licensing on the actual mobile installations too restrictive and hard to authenticate. Microsoft usually doesn't make it very easy to install mobile the way they do standard, but they give other companies free rein to repackage them. And yes, if you had enterprise you could do it easily without 3rd party tools.
>>
>>58270733
Remove card
Run this https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Reinsert card
Reinstall Drivers
>>
>>58270733
Find your laptops manual and look up what keys to hit to enter it's recovery options
>>
>>58270733
Make this with another computer and use it to boot up and fix your problem

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-create-recovery-drive-windows-10
>>
Does anyone use popcorn time? I have used two ersions, the one on popcorntime.sh is the better program but doesn't have as good a selection as the program on popcorntime.to
What gives?
>>
I'm getting this weird request from a SA ip on my http server. Does anyone know what this shit is?

/language/Swedish${IFS}&&echo${IFS}610cker>qt&&tar${IFS}/string.js
>>
>>58269298
Not him, but
>two control panels
>fisher price UI
>theme not as cool as aero
>no classic theme
are a no-no to me. So if i were to use windows i'd pick 7
>>
>>58270695
stop shilling
>>
>>58271002
Did you even google?
http://www.kerneronsec.com/2016/02/remote-code-execution-in-cctv-dvrs-of.html
>>
>>58268982
Make the partition containing GRUB active.
>>
>>58271061
>/language/Swedish${IFS}&&echo${IFS}610cker>qt&&tar${IFS}/string.js
didn't think it would even turn up results, thanks mate
>>
>>58269768
stuff newer than around 2004 aren't gauranteed to have drivers or support win9x, and even then, it'll be 98/ME only, support for 95 died out around the turn of the millenium

there's very few cases where 98SE won't work in place of 95
>>
What's the best pdf reader on Windows ?
>>
>>58271127
Evince is nice
>>
>>58269971
If you use Ps 6 then just use linux + wine.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>58270526
In flux set your latitude correctly
>>
>>58271139
Evince seems to be about as slow as Firefox and Edge. Isn't there a faster one ?
>>
How stable is linux on multi monitor? Can I able to get it work on like 8 monitors?
>>
File: 250px-Xinerama_4way.jpg (10KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Xinerama_4way.jpg
10KB, 250x188px
>>58271265
yea, you've been able to do multihead setups for ages
>>
>>58271293
Relatedly, I remember doing Xinerama back in ~2005 on FreeBSD.
>>
>>58271409
And I wasn't the only one:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-May/087929.html
>>
When did Linux add Xinerama support? Oh wait, nobody knows for sure because Linus didn't believe in source code revision control.

Everything from the very first version of UNIX can be documented all the way up to the latest version of FreeBSD: https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo.

lol linux.
>>
>>58271470
>>58271409
yea ok

either way xinerama is pretty much deprecated now, we xrandr now
>>
Does someone have the original template/logo of pic related that was posted in a linux logo redesign thread some years ago? I can't find it anywhere
>>
File: 1401551323172.png (51KB, 1390x1759px) Image search: [Google]
1401551323172.png
51KB, 1390x1759px
>>58271774
I thought I only had some of the wallpapers that were made, but there it was in the folder.
>>
File: 1401551536858.png (90KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1401551536858.png
90KB, 1024x1024px
Or maybe it was this one.
>>
>>58271905
Thank you so much. Do you have more? Plz post.
>>
File: 1400633365672.png (77KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1400633365672.png
77KB, 1024x1024px
>>58271925
>>
File: 1401551839721.png (41KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1401551839721.png
41KB, 1920x1200px
>>58271934
>>
>>58271934
>>58271918
This is the only competent logo the linux community ever created
>>
File: 1402842347662.png (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402842347662.png
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>58271946
Pretty much it.
>>
>>58271962
Doing God's work anon. You saved me
>>
File: 1466444134037.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1466444134037.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
why don't peoople just make a disk image of the their hackintosh provided you have the same model laptop, it all seems kind of fucky to get going

t. e6430 owner
>>
>>58269567
I don't think it can do that.
>>
>>58262149
I do not know whether that creature is male or female, but 10/10 want to bone.
>>
aaaaand New Thread

>>58272162
>>58272162
>>58272162
>>58272162
>>
>>58271664
Yeah, we do. It's neat.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.