[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ how do Programmers/Coders deal with the fact that billions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 7_TP_twin-turreted_tank.png (158KB, 394x379px) Image search: [Google]
7_TP_twin-turreted_tank.png
158KB, 394x379px
Hey /g/ how do Programmers/Coders deal with the fact that billions of Changs and Pajeets in China,Korea,Philippines,Singapore,Malaysia,India,Sri Lanka,Burma,Napal and Bangladesh will all know code and be replacing you?

Also how do you feel about coding factories in America pumping out college dropouts with coding skills?

It feels like coding is pretty much going to be the new literacy standard.
>>
I don't care because they all write bad code, and the only customers they have are small businesses asking for one-off projects.
Then they get the product, it's buggy and useless and cost them $50,000, and they have to end up hiring me anyways to fix it.

Then I'm stuck on their payroll because they don't ever want to waste money like that again.
>>
>>58261757
>know code

I know humans, but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to be a doctor.
>>
>This thread yet again
Actual per-person intelligence cannot be replaced by a conglomeration of monkeys.

The only actual "coding factories" that exist are bootcamps and most have such a shitty reputation that they're honestly regarded as scams.

CS is not nearly as prevalent a major as you think because you have bought into the media fad that everyone and their mother can learn to program and how the job field is "saturated" while companies continue to struggle to fill spots with non-pajeets

Stupid people who manage to somehow get by will always exist for reasons unknown to man, like how you managed to live this long with your near sub-80 IQ.

No, programming will not be a "literacy standard" because no school will actually spend the money to gamble on having one or two people out of a class of retards like you go on to do something.

Consume feces or your nearest container of rat poison.
>>
>>58261864
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2483690/it-careers/india-to-overtake-u-s--on-number-of-developers-by-2017.html

How does it feel, that you won't have a job in 6 years.
>>
>>58261757
theres enough comp sci jobs for every college graduate in the field to have two.
>>
>>58262026
companies want to talk to their employees though, they want people who can explain what they're doing the issue isn't that theres too many indians its that all the americans are fucking autistic.
>>
File: 1468527759873.jpg (45KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
1468527759873.jpg
45KB, 600x401px
>>58262114
>all the americans are fucking autistic.
t.pajeet poo in the loo.
>>
>>58262143
fizzbuzz in your language of preference
clock is ticking boy
>>
>>58262143
this is what has been told to me by every professor i've had. pretty much every class begins now with a statement about how being a arrogant, loner, super nerd is a fast track to unemployment these days. programmers don't work in cubicles any more and not knowing how to write a memo or explain what you're doing to a layman is as bad as not having a degree.
>>
>>58261757
Because (a few) western countries doesn't like their (defensive) military systems being build and programmed by non-white non-western people or college dropouts without a EE degree.
>>
>>58262177
Eehhh... that's a bit of an overstatement. It certainly reduces your job opportunities, especially if you're in school now and don't have anything to prove that you know your shit, but if you're arrogant because you're actually deserving of being that arrogant because you're a sick as fuck programmer and you're a shutin, loner nerd because all you do is program, then I'm sure there's a small, specialized company that would be willing to overlook your autism for your skills.

The biggest problem is that most arrogant, loner, super nerds aren't good at programming either. Without exception, the ones that type I met in university were in CS because they liked videogames, not because they liked programming.
>>
>>58262155
Python

import fizzbuzz
fizzbuzz.run(100)
>>
>>58262304
>>> import fizzbuzz
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fizzbuzz
>>>

Great! We will call you back for the next stage of the interview as soon as we get feedback from our engineers on how you did. Thank you!
>>
>>58262258
thats what i was getting at. for every true genius theres 10k ok programmers and for each of them there 5k assholes that think they're geniuses.
>>
>>58261757
just be better than everyone else.
how?
benzedrex on the hour every hour.

its how i $200/hr.
no one else is even trying.
>>
>>58261757
Only shit tier programmers have to worry a thing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.