[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to introduce younger brother into PC gaming >thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 4342483242.png (154KB, 572x379px) Image search: [Google]
4342483242.png
154KB, 572x379px
>want to introduce younger brother into PC gaming
>thinking of buying him a pre-built
>don't want him to become lazy and rely on prebuilts all his life, but I know damn well he's not gonna be able to build one himself
>he's just content playing on his iphone all day
>immediately lose the will to buy him anything

Anyone else have this problem? It doesn't help that, in my family, I'm the designated tech support and probably know more about computers than anyone in this house, even though I probably don't know that much in the first place. So it's a tough situation.
>>
File: 1475156369256.jpg (759KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475156369256.jpg
759KB, 1920x1080px
>>58254108
>>
>>58254108
End your life. Teach him programming instead you fucking mongrel.
>>
subtly shill to him and let him surpass you and become the tech support
>>
File: 1480992157032.jpg (1000KB, 1359x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1480992157032.jpg
1000KB, 1359x1842px
>>58254108
If he doesn't have the interest to learn it, he surely won't.
>>
>>58254271
unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>Want to doom your younger brother to being a hideous autist just like you
>He's too normal and probably got laid before you
>immediately lose the will to live
>jerk off to fish women

ftfy
>>
>>58254108
Why do you underestimate your brother, OP?
>>
>>58254108
>>he's just content playing on his iphone all day
Sounds like you need to kill him and put him out of his misery.
>>
>>58254231
tpbp
>>
>>58254108

He's a pleb but it sounds like he'll have a normie life.

Better than yours.
>>
>>58254162
This senpai. Don't distract him.
>>
>he's just content playing on his iphone all day

fag
>>
>>58254108
pre-smartphone world, all my nephews and nieces were entertained by any game I had, I could easily make them play NES games and have a good time. Post-smartphone world, not even the latest graphic-whore game can take their eyes off their smartphone screens. All my previous efforts to introduce them to quality vidya have been in vain.
>>
>>58254271
holy shit
>>
>>58254108
younglings are kinda complicated
my brother is not dumb, indeed he is very intelligent (when he wants to) and solely plays CS:GO, but doesn't know shit about computers. Idk what happens with this kids, they have 0 intention to learn anything. Smartphone age made them fucking lazy pieces of shit
>>
>>58254108
the most disturbing thing is that younglings nowadays prefer to watch youtubers playing games than play the games themselves
>>
>>58254108
>iphone
Found your problem.
>>
>>58254108

kys

I wish I never got my own computer at 12

I'd probably be something today
>>
>>58255776
I have a friend that became like this, and he's 30+ now. I honestly don't know what the fuck is wrong with him. The entire point of games is the interactivity, watching someone else play is like watching paint dry and you may as well watch a movie, something that was meant to be consumed passively.
>>
>>58255759
how come you don't know how to assamble your own car?

autonomous car age surely made you a fucking lazy piece of shit
>>
>>58255797
when i was 13 ca 2002, i used to watch a channel named giga games which went online at 22 oclock everyday on nbc in germany.

i was so amazed by the entertaining factor of them making fun while playing games that i could have watched it another century for sure..

it is the pure ability to learn something new every day which isn't in your reach normally, especially 18+ games like manhunt or farcry they did play back then which are forbidden by every parent, but those entertaining people teach you something new every day so it develops into some kind of drug
>>
>>58255839
the thing is, most members are active till this date and the organisation is called rocketbeans. but the content is so diverse now that much of it isn't only about computer games anymore so i rather play games myself
>>
>>58254271
Sanae is the thick Miki, not reimu.
I'm triggered
>>
>>58255798
we'll, i've worked with my father (who is a mechanic amongst other things) on his workshop so indeed, i know how to disassemble and assemble cars (not most recent, more reliant on electronics, but still prolly more than you)
>>
>>58256050
Well I have an interest in cars and know quite a bit about them, and adding to that I know quite a bit about electronics and embedded systems, so cars are quite easy to understand to me. I try to repair them myself before bringing them to the garage.
>>
>>58256075
it's all about the interest, dude
these new motherfuckers are lazy when it comes to interest
almost everything was so fucking interesting to me when i was a kid, spending entire days trying to grasp anything
they can't do that anymore (at least the vast majority)
>>
>>58255776
It's largely because the social interaction is more frequent and more real than it is in many games largely due to the lack of any compeititive aspect

Gaming + Streaming also allows for some level of interactivity, compared to say streaming TV shows which used to be bigger. There are also less legal issues around it.

It's free and acts as a source of advertising for people making the games.
>>
Just watching people play games isn't that interesting, that's why video game shows on TV never really took off.

It's the combination of gaming streams with a chatroom that really made things take off.
>>
>>58254108
that is the problem
>>
>>58256091
Exactly, but because of my interests I did some stupid things. Like playing with fire inside home etc.

The fucked up thing is, most of us tried the "1000 degree knife" thing once in our lives, we just got a lighter and heated up a pocket knife to torture some shit toys. All out of interests. And now those lazy fucks give a retard 30+ million views per video just because they're too lazy to think of experimenting for themselves.
>>
>>58254108
Build it yourself, and let him help.
>>
>>58255721
>implying quality vidya exists in the smartphone era
>>
>>58255792
>i have no self control

the post
>>
>>58254162
^^THIS.^..^^^^^. THIS mothafuka --> here yo
LIS-10 2 Dis DuDe
>>
>>58255777
DIGITS OF TRUTH
>>
>>58256204
This. I was introduced the same way, it's the only way to keep the kid interested in more than vidya.
>>
>>58256196
new age entertainment deletes our innate desire to experiment with stupid things and hurt ourselves
that's the beginning of the end of our supremacy as a race
>>
Show him the extreme multi tasking capabilities of a full desktop experience, and how the same thing would be impossible on a phone, due to screen size, user interface, and plain lack of usefulness. Thinking in linear order while making up for the unexpected to accomplish a goal is cool right?
>>
>>58254271
I like my girls how I don't like my screens

"huge bezels", if you know what I mean...
>>
>>58254162
Thirding this. Teaching him programming will greatly benefit his life in the future. I wish I'd had some to teach me. I still can't program. Explain to him that he could make his own iOS apps or something.
>>
Just get him a prebuilt. Have him use it for a while so then he can appreciate building a PC later on.
That's what I did. Made me appreciate it even more.
>>
>all these Wahhh don't introduce him he will be a fat autist loser like me it was out of my control computahs made me this way ;(((((( posts
Jesus Christ it's not fucking heroin it's a god damn computer. You were going to be an autist either way. Probably would have been one of those model train enthusiasts had you been born earlier.
I'm an autist but at least I can admit it's my own fucking fault.
Learn to self control, retards
>>
>>58254162
>End your life. Teach him programming instead you fucking mongrel.
Shut up you faggot, i got into programming only because i was into playing computer games and spent countless hours every day playing games. Before i knew it, i was programming in C in Linux and before i knew it, i was programming microcontrollers in assembly.

In all honesty, if OP's brother is content on playing video games on his iPhone, and not willing to use computers (at the least play video games), then pretty much all hope is lost. To honest i wouldn't expect much from an iPhone using child of the present times to have any incentive to learn technology, unless he's hopelessly autistic towards technology
>>
Get him a raspberry pi or similar SBC and tell him it's what goes in an ipad (maybe a little touchscreen too). If he's intrested hell fuck around with it if not you lost out on maybe 20 bucks
>>
>>58256204
This.

He's probably intimidated by the prospect of building his own PC. Once you actually show him that it's really not as complicated as he thinks, he'll take it up from there. Shit, that's how I got my friends into PC gaming.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.