[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thought I was smart enough to avoid any and all e-tricks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1471452321350.jpg (4KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471452321350.jpg
4KB, 208x250px
>thought I was smart enough to avoid any and all e-tricks
>fell for a phishing scam

Share your malware stories here, I guess. I feel kinda shit atm.
>>
>>58227206
>be me
>have a brain
woooooooooooooooooow
>>
>>58227206
>few weeks ago
>decide to torrent sony vegas
>look at tpb
>about 100 new torrents, all with "yes...very good" as the description
>obviously know its going to be malware
>download it anyway
>run it
>its malware

i dont know why i always do this retarded shit that i know i'll regret
>>
Im retarded, the thread.
>>
>>58227216
>>58227265

Overconfidence is the last step before viruses.
>>
>>58227206
Joe Podesta, is that you? How are the dominoes on pizza treating you?
>>
>>58227206
I fell for the 16GB of RAM meme
>>
>>58227206
I fell for the 8GB of RAM meme
>>
>download a file I'm 80% sure is a virus but I'm desperate for a working copy of this program
>I download it
>virus scanner deletes it immediately
>not sure if more disappointed in not having working program or self for downloading a virus
>>
I fell for the 24GiB of RAM meme
>>
>>58227633
>>58227985
>they fell for memes
>>
File: 1417343570960.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417343570960.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>58228023

I can identify with this feel anon.
>>
>>58227206
Meh, happens to the best of us.

Luckily I realized what happened like 10 seconds after I entered my password. Also even if I didn't, it was just the login to an account that didn't have any payment info tied to it.
>>
File: 1482191271674.png (568KB, 1930x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1482191271674.png
568KB, 1930x1090px
>wanted windows toolkit
>clicked first link in google
>clicked button I thought would download
>forgot toolkit was standalone
>install toolkit.exe
>suite of malware installs
>nuke HDD and reinstall windows
>>
File: react_wtf_DMF.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
react_wtf_DMF.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>be 14
>get /tell in WoW
>directs me to a site
>give it my info
>"Three days later you'll receive your mount!"
>account immediately hacked
>recover it 24 hours later
>they didn't take my gold or my things
>didn't delete characters
>just made a level 1 to use as an advertising bot
>mfw
>>
>get a text message from "citibank"
>you're account has been disabled, please call the number provided
>I got my money taken from my account before
>Ho jeez, not again
>call
>"Welcome to citibank, your account has been disabled due suspicious activity . to verify your identity, please enter your social security number"
>enter my ssn
>"Please verify your credit card number"
>"wait why would they ask m-"
>hang up
>fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck they have my shitfuckfuckfuckfuck.
>actually call citibank
>okay your account has been flagged, you should be fine. but call the IRS

been monitoring my credit score ever since
>>
>>58227206
Common sense 2016 has unpatched bugs - humans aren't perfect and inevitably make a mistake at some point.
>>
I've pirated loads of software and games over the years and all malware scans have come back clean and none of my accounts have ever been compromised, never had any money stolen etc.

If I have been infected with malware, how fucking long do they want to wait before using it?
>>
>>58228742
are you a retard?
>>
>>58228981
this
>>
>>58227206
I once got infected by the Michelangelo virus. It wasn't fun.
>>
>>58227206
>fell for a phishing scam
How is this even possible?
>>
>>58227206
>no VPN
>uTorrent, TPB
>get letter from ISP
>its a C&D from Rightscorp

RIP me
>>
>>58228778
This is why it has yearly updates.
>>
>>58228742
Underage b&
>>
>download an installer from a DDL siren
>run it
>Immediately get a ton of ads pop up, 25 new icons on desktop, more installers pop up, etc
>roll back VM 25 minutes, everything is unaffected
>Thank God I use arch as my host OS
>>
>>58229130

Pretty easy apparently. I get so many emails from other students' university email addresses claiming to be from this or that department. I loaded one of the links on my web browser and it was a domain registered in the Netherlands. People just don't think when they see something of relevant authority.
>>
>>58227243
you're a lying sack of shit
>>
>>58227206
>fell for the nigerian prince scam
>now have to live in nigeria as a prince
JUST
>>
>>58227206
got a link to the site?
>>
File: 1481441072811.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481441072811.png
293KB, 633x758px
>16
>>
>>58228742
I had something similar, I ask them for the last 4 digits if they refuse I say fine I'll go down to x and sort it in person
>>
>>58228742
Same thing to me except it was a phone call. I'm still not sure if it was legitimate or not but they verified the purchases and the blocked on was amazon prime subscription. But after giving my social the first time I felt retarded
>>
>>58228981
>>58229101
depends, I've seen malware that activates after a year, plus most common is being part of a botnet which is difficult to detect
>>
>Was looking for some pdf files for my phone
>Finds a Death Note manga on Google Docs
>Downloads
>Tries to put a virus on my PC
>Removes it before any damage is done
>tfw almost got malware for Christmas
>>
Since KA was shut down I have nothing that's trustable because of a small user base so at most there's like 5 comments that will have half that say it's fake or real.

I used an ISO of Windows 10 from team os from some shitty torrent site that gave me malware while installing malware bytes. So far it works and I'm not logging into any account since it's just a laptop that I use to display on my tv for movies.

I feel so lost and I feel like I'm out of the loop without KA or TPB. Demonoid went to shit and isohunt is nothing compared to its former self.
>>
>>58230017
>downloading a pirated iso when MS gives you one for free
lol
>>
>>58230210
You have to have a valid key to start the download. I bought a Windows 7 key from a key site but it's an oem key. So it works if I find an ISO but if I want to download it from Microsoft it won't let me.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.