[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Question General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 56

File: 1478483780373.jpg (28KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478483780373.jpg
28KB, 413x395px
I'm fucking drunk edition
>>
can we expect manufacturers of non-reference envidia and EY Em dee cards to release versions with DVI-I ports ?
also small strawpoll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11971437
>>
I ran the error checking tool (the one in the tools tab on the properties window) on one of my hard drives and it told me it found some errors that needed to be fixed. The log shows 92 lines like this one.
    Found corrupt basic file structure for "\Files\video.mp4 <0x7,0x628>"
... queued for offline repair.

one for each file.

After letting it fix the errors I found out that each file listed in the log is now a 0 byte file that can't be opened. The files are not important but while this 92 files are now 0 bytes in size, my hard drive's free space did not change.

Why did this happen? Can I do anything about it?
>>
what are some good websites to learn coding ? preferably with an option to use EU Spanish (not latin american spanish if possible.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good BASIC interpreter emulation for use on either Mac or PC? I want to go be stupid and comfy while I smoke week for a week. I want to play.

Ideally something that emulates either TRS-80 or Commodore 64.
>>
Anyone got the install gentoo ftp username and pass? There isn't anyone on IRC who will help me out
>>
File: 1415150388089.jpg (12KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415150388089.jpg
12KB, 800x600px
MPC-HC is no longer being updated with significant unfixed bugs.

Is there a new suitable replacement for media playback on windows, or is MPV the new king?
>>
>>58203691
>>58199784
>>58199784
>>58199784
>>58199784
PLS HELP
>>
My cousin is working on some dual-monitor wallpapers.

We both have dual 1080p monitors.

What would be the best resolution.

I was thinking
3480 x 1080
3840 x 1080
Not sure
>>
>>58203956
just downgrade
>>58203968
that's the only option unless you have differing heights or size/dpi
>>
File: 1481804277917_0.jpg (78KB, 680x673px) Image search: [Google]
1481804277917_0.jpg
78KB, 680x673px
Reposting for posterity of new thread

>got my brother and my best friend RX 470 4GBs(same model) for Christmas
>both have the same CPU(FX8320), same default AMD cooler, same RAM(2X 4GB DDR3 RAM)
>only difference between the two is my brother has a full ITX mobo that was much more expensive than the mini-ITX my friend is running
>try to install my friends 470 and games crash every single time you start them up
>fuck with settings in Wattman, nothing works
>install both 470s, even the one meant for my brother, both have the same problem
>install my brothers 470 just now with no problems, everything seems to load faster on his computer(driver installation and games booting up) while my friends is slow as shit
>reinstall my friends 7870 and games boot up no problem

The problem must lie with my friends POS mobo right? I don't understand how both 470s can be having problems while his much older GPU is working just dandy
>>
File: untitled.jpg (78KB, 413x495px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
78KB, 413x495px
I recently got an email from AT&T telling me to upgrade my service with them before early February or I might risk technical interruptions/issues/etc. They've offered to upgrade me to U-verse in the past but /g/ has always sworn against u-verse, so I never bothered. However, this new email makes no mention of U-verse and just mentions that if I don't upgrade then I may lose service. Does anyone know exactly what effects the changes AT&T are planning to implement will have?

I've suffered with shitty internet for literally 10 years now, with no other options, and now AT&T is offering an upgrade for the same price that I currently pay, so needless to say I'm a bit suspicious that I'm going to get jewed very hard for only slightly less shitty service. Would appreciate any insight on the matter.
>>
File: docks.png (634KB, 936x1012px) Image search: [Google]
docks.png
634KB, 936x1012px
Examples of simple plugin for Mutter WM ???

Email the answers to me
>>
Are there any good phone apps for learning programming languages?
>>
>>58203787
Really, I can't find much information about what 'Found corrupt basic file structure' means and have no idea what chkdsk did to 'fix' the problem, if it even was a problem because I could open those files just fine before all this.
>>
>>58203998
You'll have a bandwidth cap. That's it afaik. You can ask on DSLReports.
>>
>>58203988
Install gentoo
>>
>>58203896
What do you think of MPDN and Potplayer?
>>
>>58204033
>>58203896

answer me
>>
>>58203844
>>58203844
>>58203844
>>58203844
>>58203844
>>58203844
pls
>>
I just got a new Android phone, and before I start doing stuff with it (shit posting, installing apps, rooting etc.) I want to make a nice, clean, backup of the phone so that if I ever have any problems, I can restore it. Will adb backup work for this, or is that not a complete backup? How should I do this?

I've been making hard drive images for years (first with Clonezilla, then Acronis), it seems like a sensible thing to do with mobile devices, too.
>>
>>58203691
Kill yourself, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>58203975
Which one should I go for?
>>
why is BSD license a cuck license? are all free/open unix based OSes bound by that license and are thus doomed to failure
>>
>>58204092

go back to best buy and get an iphone instead. you just spoke a bunch of gibberish when you could be sending emojis on imessage

im trying to see what a simple plugin for Mutter WM looks like. if you know of any please email them to me.

>>58204082
>>58203844

fruit / bean3
>>
>>58204115
Why anon, what did I do to make you so angry?
>>
>>58204122
>go back to best buy and get an iphone instead. you just spoke a bunch of gibberish when you could be sending emojis on imessage

It's alright, if it sounded like gibberish it's probably a little over your head. Don't worry! You'll pick up on this stuff eventually!
>>
>>58204122
doesn't seem to be correct
>>
File: 1292527345190.jpg (54KB, 390x356px) Image search: [Google]
1292527345190.jpg
54KB, 390x356px
How much more practical is using an old Mac Pro as a file server over FreeNAS?
>>
>>58204127
You were born, you fucking shit stain.
>>
>>58204205
Did mommy forget to buy you tendies?
>>
How can I rice of linux desktop?
>>
File: 1422455.png (17KB, 298x347px) Image search: [Google]
1422455.png
17KB, 298x347px
Aside from size, any noticeable quality differences between webm and mp4? Also the only other thing I can think of is that I'm guessing webm can't be played on a phone's video player.
>>
>>58204190

this is the answer to my question:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/mutter/tree/src/compositor/plugins/default.c

so you can just go ahead and forget about emailing me.

oh an another thing - be careful wtih these android phones. they are a sinking ship so you could spend a lot of time on something that may be dropped tomorrow. just look at CyanongenMod
>>
File: powercolor_7870.jpg (206KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
powercolor_7870.jpg
206KB, 900x619px
Should my set up be doing as bad as it is?

I have pic related as my GPU (HD 7870), 8gb of RAM and an AMD 6300 processor. I built this PC about 4 years ago so I don't expect it to be a supercharged machine, but I'm having trouble doing the simplest of tasks. After Effects and Premiere are torture to work with, I keep getting low memory warnings and programs keep crashing and I just tried to play Doom on medium settings with everything turned down and it's still glitching out every two seconds.

Should I think about upgrading or does this sound like something that could be fixed?
>>
If I were to switch to Windows 10 today (from W7), what would I lose in terms of gaming and compatibility? What's been broken?
>>
>>58204350
Windows 10 is the worst Windows I've ever had going back to 98. It breaks more and more with each passing day. Never switch to it.
>>
>>58204322

take the leap over to mac.

youre going to have a great time. i guarentee it
>>
>>58204322
by 6300 do you mean FX-6300? should have saved for at least a FX-8320 dude.
have you tried the Vulkan mode ? there should be an option for it.
if u want to upgrade it would be better to wait for Zen because even if you want intel, it will be much cheaper after zen
>>
i have an integrated CPU motherboard that doesnt come with any fan, just a decent heatsink for the CPU.
Should I install case fans? im scared it will overheat, im just web browsing and its 42 ºC
>>
>>58204285
>I'm guessing webm can't be played on a phone's video player.
Works on android
>>
>>58204362
yeah Doom will work great
>>
File: ES5owO7.gif (271KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
ES5owO7.gif
271KB, 350x350px
Since no one answered, I'll cut to the chase.

I want to image my Android phone like I would a PC hard drive. How do I make it happen?
>>
>>58203762
DVI-I is dying quick, current AMD GPUs don't have the silicon for analogue outputs now so it costs extra for the GPU manufacturer to add in a DAC if they want it.

DVI-D will probably stick around a while for at least some non-reference models of each GPU.
>>
>>58204201
FreeNAS is an OS, a Mac Pro is a computer, how can you compare them?

If you mean OS X as your OS, it's fine. FreeNAS has some nice data resilience features and a web based interface that's easy to work with remotely, but really, any OS is fine if it can host whatever services you want.
>>
File: IMG_20161222_003047.jpg (72KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_003047.jpg
72KB, 1080x720px
Hueg poorfag from down under here.

Recently splashed and got myself a STRIX RX 480, wouldn't fit in my mid tower but for some reason when I was looking in the basement for tin snips I found the guts of an old case that was just big enough for the 480. I think it was an old Gigabyte machine's case.
Anyway it's awful, there's nothing but the most basic metal structure (fuck knows where the rest is), the PSU is at the top and my 480 sits an inch off the base of the case, I'm currently flopping my drives out the back of it.

Can any airflow masters give tips for cooling a shell of a case? I have an old Proliant ML 350 G4P I stole from work full of deltas sitting in the basement so I have access to some decent fans.
Do I just duct tape some to the front and some to the back? Pull from front, push out back? Am willing to tape shit anywhere btw.

Also my 8320 appears to be bottlenecking games, I get nasty usage spikes on the 480, I've managed to overclock it to 4.3Ghz but it heats up SUPER FAST and frames are back to shit.
I need a temporary solution because the 480 emptied my spending account.
But I'm looking at throwing $250 dollarydoos at liquid cooling and a nice case in a month or so, any recommendations?
>>
Is factory-recertified a big deal?

Getting a new internal HDD. Should I go 7200 RPM or is 5400 passable?
>>
>>58204322
Should be way better than that. Reinstall your OS, make sure temperatures are all okay.

>>58204451
You can't really.

>>58204392
You're probably fine with just the airflow from the PSU fan.
>>
>>58204003
Why is Tiger so comfy?
>>
>>58204509
OR a Toshiba HDD (2tb @ 7200 RPM)
OR a Seagate one (Same thing)

My options are limited because I'm going to get them in-store.
>>
Trying to stream VVVVVV on Twitch using OBS. Question: How would I go about only recording the audio the game makes? Every time I use the Default or "Soundflower 2ch/64ch", I get background noises showing up (and I only want/need the game audio)... Any help?
>>
>>58204400
Really? Neat-o. Thanks.
>>
Not sure where else to turn since /v/ was useless, here goes

Pirated FFX/X2HD for PC and up until today it was working perfectly. Now for some reason the launcher starts but the games themselves do not.
I've tried opening as admin from the folders themselves and reinstalling but nothing. Does anyone have any clue why this could be happening?
>>
Does mixing same sized ram but at different frequencies matter if it's just going to be downclocked to 2133?
>>
I've done something stupid and wish to rectify it.

I installed win10 on the weekend and fucked around a bit to try to get everything nice and tidy, having my os on an ssd and bulky files on an hdd. Today, I wanted to move the Desktop, Downloads, Documents, ect... to the HDD since all downloads were coming into the SSD C: drive, so I went into properties to move the desktop to the HDD D: and it deleted some shit, nothing important but I couldn't revert it. It was fine for the Downloads and Documents folder but I deleted some programs that I can't reinstall now.

My question is if I want to do a fresh start, do I use the setting options within windows to "refresh" my pc or boot from bios on the usb I used to install in the first place?

And also how to not be retarded when trying to get most of my shit into the HDD instead of the SSD, like documents/desktop/downloads?
>>
/g/
My mom's laptop has bluetooth. I have bluetooth on this computer with a USB.

windows 7 sees it just fine but nothing wants to connect to it right. It sees my ear buds, phone and speaker but wont use anything.

Also her PC allows her to pair her phone to her PC as a bluetooth earbud, is there a driver for that?
>>
Lately my computer has been randomly, (but not very frequently,) shutting itself off. Or at least seemingly. It's more like it's gone into rest mode but can't be woken up. The display stops, no mouse or key activity will bring it back up, and the computer remains on until I hard shut down.
This happens without warning, maybe once every few days or so, or even once a week. Not very frequent, but it's worrying.

Can anyone tell me the likely culprit? Or is it one of those things that could be any one of a ton of different issues?

And before anyone mentions viruses and the like, all my programs have scanned and found nothing.
>>
>>58204782
>And also how to not be retarded when trying to get most of my shit into the HDD instead of the SSD, like documents/desktop/downloads?

I was in a similar situation and ended up just doing a symbiotic link
>>
>>58204805
Check your temps, maybe something is overheating? What exactly are you doing when it does that? Gaming, browsing, cpu intensive work, nothing at all...?
>>
>>58204805
So many things.
Try starting with a reinstall. Just run it with a different disk for the time it usually takes to shit the bed.
I've had a similar problem that wound up being the PSU. Could be your RAM though.
>>
Anyone know a program that can tag folders just like a booru would? I'm trying to sort my collections and be able to find folders with a certain tag just by search
>>
>>58204824
A little late for me I think. I had a few things that worried me since a lot of downloads from browsers automatically go to the C: drive, although I could adjust browser and torrent settings. I tried to move the desktop to the HDD and that is the only one that fucked up and had its contents deleted.
>>
I went back to windows 7 from Windows 10 and have been seeing some odd behavior, the audio and video would stutter for a second then return back to normal (this happens mostly when watching videos and happens every 30 minutes or so), well I looked more into it and messed around with my WLAN card and found when pushing the antenna towards the motherboard, then the worse and more frequent (about every 5 seconds) the stutter would happen. I did the same with my phone and the exact same thing happened. Anybody have a explanation of what's going on here?
>>
>>58204865
Currently writing a filesystem based around this. Not ready to go public yet so I'm not being helpful at all, but just saying there's something in the pipes. I'll make a thread in a month or so when it's usable.
>>
>>58204876
Thanks, anon. I'll be waiting for it
>>
>>58204829
>>58204837
I think it's my GPU, actually. It seems it's been running unusually hot lately and it would explain the manner of the crash.

I'll try cleaning it and making sure the fan is working. Are there any other things I should do to make sure my GPU is working properly?
>>
>>58204875
Are you using a skylake cpu? Intel skylakes have a known compatibility issue with 7, as if you're being forced to consider 10 by making 7 unbearably horrid.
>>
>>58204898
Reapp the thermal paste if you're brave and have some around.
>>
>>58204898
Make sure it's seated properly. Sometimes you might not notice but you may have not pushed it fully into the PCIe lane.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-07+at+06.27.36).jpg (24KB, 437x443px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-07+at+06.27.36).jpg
24KB, 437x443px
cheapest way to get w10 without pirating and without being assfucked by shady non-microsoft companies?

worth it to just use the media installer and not have a licence key for a while?
>>
>>58204451
In recovery you can backup system and data. You could also use Titanium Backup for data. Android is different. You were being lambasted because the question is sort of silly and naive.
>>
>>58204909
That sounds likely. I'm bad with hardware and always feel paranoid about breaking shit so I'm not very firm with connecting things to the motherboard sometimes.

Another thing worth adding though is it seems to run unusually hot while I'm in Chrome, for some reason. I'm currently cutting down my tabs to see if that helps but it seems weird that it's fine when idle but Chrome can make it run as hot as a Steam game does.
>>
>>58204899
Nope, using a sandy. I may just be stupid and something else is happening :/
>>
>>58204933
Thank you for the serious reply. I'm curious, why IS Android different? It uses drive partitions just like any other OS, why is it such an odd-ball thing to want to copy/backup/move the partitions?
>>
Nothing happens when I try to get my windows forms program to select text in a textbox. I'm using C#. I've tried it two ways:

myTextBox.SelectionStart = 0;
myTextBox.SelectionLength = 2;

myTextBox.Select(0, 2);

It just stays the same, nothing happens. what the fuck?
>>
Would an antistatic bracelet keep me from shocking my cat's nose?
>>
>>58204875
>>58204899

I took the antenna off and it's worse now. Here is a video of it.

https://youtu.be/-CpcaowJZQA

(Sorry for audio!)
>>
File: 84910917.jpg (17KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
84910917.jpg
17KB, 351x329px
>What are display makers going to do past 4/8K

We're reaching the limit of what's humanly possible to see, what will they do when they can't just keep moving forward with resolution? Concentrate on colour rendering? Then what?

Are we getting close to an age with a perfected technology? Has that ever happened before?
>>
>>58205149
>
I think there will always be something to improve on. I would hope that the next thing for monitors is working on making them less physically straining to look at.
>>
>>58205018
You're not really supposed to touch the os. OEMs do everything to keep it locked down and it can be tightly coupled with the hardware. Apps don't suffer from this, so you deal with backing them up. That said, Android has various partitions you can manipulate and backup. I'm mostly talking about the user stuff. It might help to study Android's architecture a bit.
>>
>>58205149
probably working on making curved / ultrawide screens the norm
>>
File: ss (2016-12-09 at 08.30.33).jpg (54KB, 635x398px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-09 at 08.30.33).jpg
54KB, 635x398px
>connect tv box to crt tv and 1080p monitor
>crt tv picture looks beautiful
>monitor picture looks colorless and pixelated
How come this happened?
>>
>>58205149
I imagine the next step beside stuff like HDR, IPS, 240 Hz, and crazy form factors will be making the smart tv smarter. Cramming better hw and sw into a flat screen.
>>
>>58204651
oh...
>>
>>58204651
Could you tell us how the game is cracked?

I'm not sure that ff10 doesn't have weird DRM or it's linked to a steam account.
>>
I have an mkv movie with more then one subtitles in it, how can I view two of them at the same time?
remember it's not a separate file
>>
>>58205529
Maybe you could run the subs with two different filters.
>>
Hello,
I need to configure this AP: Zyxel NWA1100 for extend a WiFi coverage, such as a range extender, with this model can I do this?....
Here it is the user guide: ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/NWA1100/user_guide/NWA1100_1.pdf

Thanks
>>
>>58205426
Not sure of the specifics but it was cracked by these guys
http://www.skidrow-codex.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-codex/

that meme about Windows 10 actively making pirated games not run after a while isn't true right
>>
>>58203841
How about emulator of Commodore 64?
>>
in a thread about FreeSync, G-Sync and other shit a couple days ago someone posted a pic that recommended activating another option to make pictures run more fluently
I don't remember the name of it and what exactly it did but I'm interested now
something that makes movement seem like on a CRT or something
anyone any idea what I'm talking about?
>>
>>58205616
ok found it, it's called ULMB
>>
>>58205541
What's a filter?
>>
>>58205132
I would say back up your shit, save personal files elsewhere and do a clean install of windows 7.

Before that, check to see if you have any drivers you need to update.
>>
Getting a new CPU cooler soon - do I use some arctic silver I have lying around or should I use the pre applied paste on the cooler?
>>
>>58205756
The preapplied stuff should be fine.
>>
hello fellow /g/,
since i don't wanna make a new thread for this. i am gonna ask here.
media and media server drain battery like crazy. many people on internet complained about it but no actual solution.
that ever happened to you? how can i fix it? help me.
>>
>>58203691
Is there a universal Qi receiver that is turbocharge compatible?
>>
>>58205685
I already tried this, all my drivers are updated.
>>
>>58203988
MSI motherboard?
>>
>>58204509
7200 always.
>>
are there any mobile games that are actually fun and not full of ads?
>>
File: file.png (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
329KB, 1920x1080px
Are SmartTVs a meme, or are they worth it?

I have an older Roku 3 set up with the TV in the main room, and I'm thinking of getting pic related for the bedroom.

Is it worth it? I've only ever used older SmartTVs with the manufacturer's shit, and it was laggy as Hell, ugly, and just a pain to use. But it's been a few years and I trust Roku, so...here I am.
>>
>>58205903
the only one i play is solitaireCG from f-droid
>>
>>58205645
I'm thinking of MPC-HC. Filters handle streams of data or whatever. There are filters that manipulate subtitles, eg ffdshow and xysubfilter.
>>
anyone know the default password to the raspbian i386 image

its

user: pi
pass: ???
>>
>>58205919
i mean....if you want to use youtube/netflix/pandora/etc then they're good i guess?

you cant really put a value on the "smart" part of it since nowadays it seems all the new tvs are 'smart' tvs. so you'd need to find 2 tvs that were exactly the same in everything else and then compare the price difference..

i personally wouldnt use it but you might
>>
>>58205903
lichess, chesstempo
>>
>>58205903
Anything by kairosoft, puzzle and dragon, theo town
>>
Does this phone send passwords in clear?
I want to connect an old dumbphone (Nokia with Symbian OS) to wifi, but when I write the password it's all visible, is this a threat?
>>
>>58205945
k thx, I will look into it
>>
>>58205903
opentyrian
>>
Is there anyway I can remap keys on a specific USB device in Windows? For instance, I have an old presentation remote that I want to use to trigger record in my DAW and maybe some other shortcuts.
>>
>>58205949
raspberry
>>
>>58206013
Joy2key maybe
>>
>>58205949
iirc, raspberry

you should change it before starting up noobs though, security concerns if you go headless or something
>>
File: Untitled.png (879KB, 861x583px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
879KB, 861x583px
>>58205996
Seems to work with ffdshow as the second renderer. I remember this used to trip me up when ffdshow was all the rage.
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1qw5dm/how_can_i_display_two_subtitles_with_mpchc/
>>
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3848-bypass-youtube-age-verification-improved

Now this is removed and no longer working what are you using?
>>
How do I set a limit of tweets per day?
>inb4 self-control
>>
>>58206082
Being an adult
>>
>>58206090
I didn't know being an adult == giving google more personal information
>>
i can't click anything in fucking antergos live cd boot what the fuck.
>>
>>58206039
Seems to be gamepads only
>>
File: just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>58206090
Without signing in.
For some reason massage training videos triggered some people.
>>
>>58206082
nsfwyoutube
>>
>>58206107
add nsfw to the start of youtube.com
>>
>>58206082
Just use the YouTube's embed link. That's all these scripts do.
>>
>>58206114
>>58206117
>>58206125
Thanks
I'm using another userscript.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18564-youtube-nsfw/code
But this https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3848-bypass-youtube-age-verification-improved
had the suggested videos show up next to it.
>>
File: 1476993965598.jpg (112KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
1476993965598.jpg
112KB, 655x983px
I have an issue where sometimes all traffic going through HTTP stop working and I get my ISP webpage.
I can still use HTTPS/FTP/SSH normally without issues.
And if I uses service like HideMe, to open those webpages, it open normally.

Any explanation?
>>
>>58203691
What drink?
>>
>>58206191
>inb4 beer
>>
File: winehq_logo_glass.png (35KB, 200x313px) Image search: [Google]
winehq_logo_glass.png
35KB, 200x313px
>>58206191
Wine.
>>
>for the past month occasionally my computer will boot up for a couple seconds then shut down
>suspect it is the PSU
>computer suddenly shut downs on me twice today
it's a corsair VS450, and I've had it for a year, my GPU is an nvidia gtx 550 ti (so the PSU should be enough)

my PSU is still the problem right? why did it fail so soon, I thought these were supposed to last longer
>>
>>58206163
Your ISP is fucked and/or you haven't paid your bill.
>>
>>58206208
You mean WINE?
Also can someone check this >>58206087
>>
I have several devices on my network.
Is there a way to make it so only one device get static IP while others get dynamic IP?
>>
>>58204525
Simplicity, realism and attention to detail

A GUI will never look better than Tiger
>>
File: 1423931141346.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1423931141346.gif
3MB, 320x180px
I'm going to set up a VM for PCIe passthrough in KVM. I know my CPU and motherboard support IOMMU. It's an APU and the integrated GPU is better than my graphics card, so will I be able to use the dGPU as the host GPU and the APU as the guest GPU or will I have to use the dGPU as the guest GPU?
>>
>>58206082
A custom bookmarklet that overlays an embedded youtube player over the youtube page
>>
File: 1472683378905.jpg (141KB, 750x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1472683378905.jpg
141KB, 750x1072px
>>58206217
>haven't paid your bill
It's the other here, I pay for a month in advance and enjoy shitty connection.
And when the month is up, I get disconnected.
And it is still have two weeks.
>Your ISP is fucked
Most likely, any idea what's causing it?
DNS issue?
>>
My wifi is super slow and won't play any online videos,regardless of quality. It downloads things fast... I already updated my video card drivers and I tried changing wifi channels (it worked before) but wifi analyzer can't find any good ones. What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>58205855
Anyone?
>>
>>58206248
If it was a DNS issue, you wouldn't be able to connect to anything anywhere. It sounds like your ISP is periodically routing all traffic on port 80 to their own website.
>>
>>58206214
You won't know until you start replacing parts to check them. I have a faulty Corsair psu (after 6 months) that dies for days at a time. I thought they were a good brand when I bought it but I don't think I'll try them again.
>>
File: 1450593727780.jpg (138KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450593727780.jpg
138KB, 960x960px
>>58206273
>It sounds like your ISP is periodically routing all traffic on port 80 to their own website
But I still get the URL right, I mean the URL is the same as the site I want to access.
Also NoScript block it / filter it due to ABE.
If this makes a difference.
Anyway to by pass it?
>>
>>58206225
yes, assuming your router isnt retarded
>>
>>58206301
TP link running factory firmware.
Should I flash ddwrt?
>>
>>58206313
maybe, just check your dhcp options
>>
>>58206298
>But I still get the URL right, I mean the URL is the same as the site I want to access.
Yeah, and if you point 4chan.org to 127.0.0.1 in your hosts file, it'll still show 4chan.org as well. Same thing, only this is on the ISP side and only redirecting HTTP traffic.
Your best bet for bypassing it is to get a VPN. Don't get a free one unless you want to sell all your data to China.

Alternatively, new ISP.
>>
>>58204350
There's more compatibility than 7. DX12 is supported, etc. Just disable updates when you have a working system. I disabled all shit with group policy editor and some Regedit and disabled updates. Feels comfy mane.
>>
>>58206253
Anyone?
>>
>>58204350
>what would I lose in terms of gaming and compatibility?
Nothing.
>What's been broken?
A lot of things. If you switch to Windows 10, go with Enterprise or Server 2016. Stay far away from Home and Pro.
>>
So HDMI cables.
Does cheap chinese cables hold up? It really seems like a waste to spend 20$ on a HDMI cable.
>>
File: Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg (116KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg
116KB, 1200x800px
>>58203691
Is there some portable retro game emulator of the same size of the gameboy micro?
Everything I can find is too big.
I would get the micro but it have no power to emulate SNES.
>>
>>58203691
I have a REALLY stupid question. How do you display monospaced text with a white background on 4chan? e.g. >>58203787 and >>58205081

how the fuck do you do that?
>>
>>58206400
depends on resolution/refresh rate/length/emi
>>
I'm putting together a build using the MSI H110M gaming motherboard. It doesn't have optical out so plan is
>install asus xonar dgx 5.1
>hook up to smsl m3 dac
>hook that up to beyerdynamic dt990 pro (250 ohm)
>hook up a reasonable microphone into the asus soundcard

Is this the best way to go about it or will I run into problems?
>>
Are there any good laptop review sites?

I can't seem to find places where they review models that i'm interested in.

Opinion on HP Pavilion 17-ab004na?

I just need something fast for general stuffs and light gaymen.
>>
So I installed 4chanX to get (You)s back, but I don't like all the other changes it makes to the site's appearance. And I can't just uncheck everything except the (You)s and then enable the native extension, because the native extension being active at all overrides the post quote with the dotted line instead of a (You).

So how do I go about making 4chanX look and behave exactly like the 4chan native extension?
>>
>>58206335
>new ISP
The only ISP in the country, the perks of living the socialist dream.
>VPN
Does it encrypt the traffic from HTTP sites?
>Don't get a free one
I'm not logging into any account with it.
What free VPN do you recommend?
>>
>>58206404
Phone + ps3 controller and mount.
>>
>>58206400
HDMI cables come with resolution/bandwidth support.

>http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15428

Stuff like this has great bandwidth (18gbps) and resolution, so it will work with 4k60fps.

>http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3992
This for example supports 10gbps and can only do 4k24fps

Other than those two key differences, there shouldnt be much difference between spending $4 or $100000 premium XXX HDMI audiophile certified hdmi cables
>>
>>58206404
There are some chinese "POWER STATION 4000" that play SNES games.
>>
>>58206407
>>58206456
Thanks m8s

It's a three (?) year old Samsung UE40F6275 1080p tv. I just need a 1-2 meter long cable from the set-top box and/or laptop really.
>>
File: My_Pretty_Seahorse_19.jpg (103KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
My_Pretty_Seahorse_19.jpg
103KB, 720x540px
Is it possible to boot into a custom recovery (like TWRP) without flashing/installing it, provided the device has an unlocked bootloader? Sort of similar to booting into a live CD with Linux?
>>
>>58206487
In case its not obvious, I'm talking about Android.
>>
>>58206481
Either get the $2 or the $4, both work fine. The $4 can be later used for when you want to play 4K@60fps on your future computer rigs.Or 4K60fps on future 4K videos on future 4K TVs.
>>
>>58206273
>It sounds like your ISP is periodically routing all traffic on port 80 to their own website.
Why would anyone do that?
>>
File: whatdunno.jpg (13KB, 480x329px) Image search: [Google]
whatdunno.jpg
13KB, 480x329px
>>58206525
Ask the ISP in question, I guess.
>>
what is the order from hardest to easiest and most paying to least paying:

1) software dev
2)sys admin
3) cloud servers
4) mobile app dev
5)3d modelling
>>
>>58206502
I'll go for the 4$ one then since it's more future proof. Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1479427750149.webm (928KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479427750149.webm
928KB, 720x480px
i have i site with folders and pictures, theres shitload of them, i want to download them all, but there are some achives, i want to skip them, how do i do it? im on win7
>>
File: FUCK OFF.jpg (16KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF.jpg
16KB, 243x207px
How do you actually stop spam emails? Does typing your email into the 'unsubscribe me' link thing actually stop it or will I just get more shit?
>>
>>58206592
DownThemAll addon on Firefox can help with that.
>>
>>58206421
Don't buy HP.
Lenovo and dell are good.
>>
>>58206616
>Don't buy HP
Not him but reason?
Also what about Acer?
>>
>>58206631
HP used to be good, now they've shifted all their quality into business grade hardware and everything else has turned to shit. Acer is also a brand to avoid.
>>
>>58206421
I like notebookcheck.net
>>
>>58206615
is there a recursion option? i tried it and it dl only top folder
>>
>>58206669
>recursion option
No, then you should use wget or httptrack
>>
File: 8510599356628226.webm (2MB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
8510599356628226.webm
2MB, 480x640px
>>58206677
ok, i have a wget, but what would that commad look like?
>>
>>58206716
wget -A mp3,mpg,mpeg,avi -r -l 3 http://www.someurl.com/band_name
>>
(You)s are fucked for me, for some reason.
Instead of getting the (You) attached to posts that reply to mine it's just a dotted line underneath the link. Any way to fix this?
>>
>>58206027
thanks

You wouldn't happen to know the administrative password?

I downloaded the ndiswrappers from the repo and when I went to edit the preferences or the config or whatever, over GUI, I got a password prompt but neither root nor raspberry work.

I'm going to move on to slackware in a bit but if someone could back to me that would be awesome.
>>
File: Laptops list.jpg (333KB, 909x712px) Image search: [Google]
Laptops list.jpg
333KB, 909x712px
>>58206641
Can I bother you to look at pic related?
What's your opinion?
I'm thinking of getting the Dell Inspirion 3558 with Corei 5
>>
File: help.gif (842KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
842KB, 250x167px
>>58200192

Genuinely dumb question, but I'm interested in knowing what causes this shit.
>>
>>58206825
Could be infinite-loop, unresponsive driver, etc. Windows automatically killing old driver and restarting service, etc.
>>
>>58204782
Do a totally fresh boot from bios with the USB and reinstall. All "refreshing" does is reset to factory settings, it doesn't actually change anything significant that would warrant a fix.
>>
File: aww yiss.gif (3MB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
aww yiss.gif
3MB, 256x199px
>>58205149
>Are we getting close to an age with a perfected technology? Has that ever happened before?

If you like autism and enjoy linquistics analysis, Web Bot has December data sets alluding to "creeping electricity" and "precious technology" somewhere in 2017. Take that however you like.

What's more likely that it predicts is an innovation boom due to more people getting on the internet. I don't think you need Web Bots to tell you that that will probably happen reasonably soon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 464x772px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 464x772px
How do I remove unwanted entries from my context menus in Windows 10?
>>
File: evil pepe.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
evil pepe.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
What are some VPNs that work on 4chan
>>
>>58206898
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
>>
>>58206770
Not sure how to fix, but anons in the last thread also mentioned the image host changing. is.4chan.org instead of i.4chan.org. Gook had some shit changed and (You)s look silly for me as well.
>>
File: 1455493603970.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1455493603970.png
440KB, 645x1260px
Is my mail in rebate ever going to come?
>>
My brother moved and gave my a pair of Grado GS1000i's.

They were his prized possession, but I'm not an audiophile.

Can/should I use them to play CSGO? Or should I stick with my 558's?
>>
>>58206941
gave me*
>>
>>58206941
>Grado GS1000i
Did he also give you a DAC/amp as well?
>>
>>58206837
Interesting, could be an infinite-loop then. The game I had running had a few issues with icons getting stuck on-screen and crashing it completely. Usually the application just returns an error box otherwise.
>>
>>58206953
Yes, from JDS labs.

I'm just concerned that because they're so expensive/nice I could somehow break them by using them as gaming headphones.
>>
File: 1478225351970.png (514KB, 629x871px) Image search: [Google]
1478225351970.png
514KB, 629x871px
Any networking here?
I have NanoStation 5, should I upgrade it's firmware for better internet speed?
Or it's just a hoax?
>>
>>58206975
Its for music mainly

Use cheaper pair for gaming so it doesn't wear out the headphone.
>>
File: 1478786578199.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478786578199.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
Now that gookmoot has arbitrarily removed (You)s, what do I need to put in the custom CSS bit to manually bring them back?
>>
>>58206931
When I get refunded by the IRS for this year.

In other words, never.
>>
>>58207003
Thanks for the advice!
>>
Avast+mwb / mse+mwb? What's the best combo for security
>>
MacType keeps denying access to most programs. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried services, standalone and compatible mode, and it still doesn't work.
>>
File: RETURN OF (YOU)S.jpg (35KB, 810x327px) Image search: [Google]
RETURN OF (YOU)S.jpg
35KB, 810x327px
>>58206770
>>58206925
>>
>Have powerful machine.
>Have shit machine with multiple TB of data.
>Want to scrap shit machine.
>Want powerful machine to run VM of shit machine.

How can I give VM direct access to multiple HDDs without the host seeing them?
>>
>>58206770
Fix your extension.

4Chan X doesn't have this problem.
>>
chrome lags out for about 3-5seconds when saving a photo, what do?
>>
>>58203896
VLC
>>
>>58207305
Make sure you aren't connected to any offline network shares.
>>
>>58203896
MPV for no options.

Daum PotPlayer is king. Press F8 to close ads.
>>
File: 1457313704585.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1457313704585.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>58207329
>MPV
>no options
>>
>>58207336
>Have to learn key command.
>Only one renderer.
>Basic tier babby interface.

git gud
i
t

g
u
d
>>
What's up with British Indian Ocean territory domains (.io) and everybody using them?
>>
>>58207409
IO is a computer term, looks like 1 and 0, like binary. or IN OUT
>>
>>58205903
>>
>>58207305
I have this issue as well, but I'm not connected to anything else offline. Thought it was my HDD dying, but I'm not surprised if it's chrome. Doesn't happen each time I save a picture though.
>>
I'm considering a downsize from my Define R5 as it turns out that I don't play PC games all that often and having such a big case that I will never fill is a meme. I'm thinking the Define C would be good since it lets me keep the rest of my components. I am however, looking for a premium build case that's fairly compact with good storage capability, solid top panel, and dust filters. I don't like case windows, but modding can fix that.
>>
>>58207319
wtf?

I deleted them and now its fine, is this a windows or a chrome thing?
>>
File: amd_furry.jpg (175KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
amd_furry.jpg
175KB, 801x601px
>>58203691
Alright /g/, what's the best software to check HDD health and fix it? I'm not willing to pay for it so open source/free alternatives are welcome.
>>
Is there a some shortcut for pasting the suggested command I get when i for instance try to run a non-install program?
>>
>>58207488

The define R5 isn't even that big anon. I'd just get a case with a handle if you're looking for a proper downsize.

Also, whats the best way to save user preferences from a Windows Form in C#? Is it using XML or is there better ways?
>>
Reposting from /spg/ cos thread seems like it's gonna die:

2 queries - Firstly, what is the best free/open source file manager for Moto G4 on 6.0.1? Secondly, a lot of apps say 'screen overlay detected' when they require permissions, how do I get around this without temporarily disabling Twilight/whatever overlay?
>>
I want a cheap laptop but they all have Win 10 on it. Does it matter if it's Intel/AMD/etc if I'm going to put a linux distro on it instead?

Someone told me that some chromebooks won't really let you do that.
>>
>>58207561

Just get an Intel second hand laptop and put linux on it, you don't need anything more and you'll save money. A core 2 duo would be modern enough for awhile.
>>
File: 1460597887651.jpg (497KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460597887651.jpg
497KB, 1024x768px
>>58207515
OP here, also I already tried chkdsk but it thinks my HDD is fine.

Here's my problem:
> Shitty laptop lagging every 10-20 seconds
> Check task manager
> Disk usage keeps getting 100% when the lag occurs
> Already tried formatting several times
> Tried disabling indexing, etc etc
> Windows 8.1

inb4 install Gentoo, it's not my laptop.
>>
>>58207570
Thanks.

Is there a reason for it being intel? Someone mentioned something about linux not liking other architectures but it was above me.
>>
>>58207584

Purely for the reason of avoiding ANY issues like that. I hardly use linux, but why take the risk when both types of laptops will be just as affordable / same price? Common sense just to stick with intel when there is usually no price benefit to AMD-based laptops on the second hand market.
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (702KB, 2448x2681px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
702KB, 2448x2681px
>>58207575
>>58207515
Also, is it kill /g/?
>>
>>58207605
Not that anon, but is it possible to shoehorn shit like Mint onto an ayylmaoware 13 PC? Anything but Windows fucking 10 is more tolerable at this point.
>>
>>58207517
Ctrl + Shift + V
>>
>>58207665

Well, tell me why it wouldn't be possible? All alienware is is the brand on the case. Its just a PC like any other anon.

And go and torrent Windows 7 and follow debloating guides here, and dual boot linux after that. There's your games + work sorted out.

Hell, look up windows 10 debloating / unfucking for less pain.
>>
>>58204092
You don't need a backup as long as you are not 100% retarded with it. Once you're rooted you can use titanium backup.
>>
>>58207681
Thanks anon. I'll probably go with 7 + dual boot since somewhat unfucked 10 still comes with inexplicable freezing and .NET errors.
>>
>>58207570
>core 2 duo
What?
>>
>>58207710
Check out ninite.com after installing windows to save some time
>>
File: intel-core-2-duo-logo-new[1].jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
intel-core-2-duo-logo-new[1].jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>58207721

This. Its still capable anon, definitely for Linux.
>>
>>58207727
Not him but I just found out about them today, they aren't very comprehensive. I guess that's where the paid part comes in?
>>
Good open source program for controlling which programs / processes can connect to the internet?
For Win10
>>
>>58207735
Even so.
Most websites require Core i3 to render properly thanks to JS.
>>
A 240Hz monitor uses more energy than a 60Hz one? What is the real difference between them?
>>
>>58207746

Not true, sister has Core 2 Duo running @ 2.33GHz and runs chrome perfectly fine for years. Never ran to me with any issues.

>inb4 "she only uses fb lol"
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-27_16-54-03.png (11KB, 398x180px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-27_16-54-03.png
11KB, 398x180px
>>58207760
>chrome
That explains it.
>>
>>58207737
The programs that Ninite's website offers are everything they manage. The Pro version simply gives other handy things for people who would have a particular reason to use it often.

>>58207749
Probably an insignificant amount. Most of the power usage comes from the backlight.
>>
Is same-day international shipping a thing?
>>
>>58207881
Yes.
>>
>>58207500
Windows thing.

Network shares cause explorer.exe to lag like crazy.
>>
>>58207881
I think only if the destination is close enough. It's hard to get the package to the other side of the world within the same day, especially when accounting for time differences.
>>
>>58207832
>Botnet is forcing you to use other botnet.
>>
>>58207922
Same anon from >>58207477
What should I go about deleting? File explorer shits the bed a bit when trying to download things. Only catch is that it's only a hassle for the first like 2 images. After that it loads up. I thought it was just a problem with my second HDD being almost full.
>>
what's the difference between all processor models of the same family like i3 xxxKs ?
>>
>>58208041
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html
>>
>>58208041
clock speed

i3 xxx-K variant are probably "unlocked" so you can overclock if needed
>>
Do black lives matter?
>>
what's the best remote control app/solution for anrdoid phone+windows pc? mostly media viewing in mind.
>>
>>58208104
They keep buying apple products with their welfare checks, so no.
>>
>>58208104
Yes, human lives, including blacks, are protected by the US laws.

Value of human is however also determined by each individuals. To me, no one but my ownself and my immediate close relatives matter.

Thus if you were to ask me, black lives do not matter. Neither do whites, asians, etc.
>>
>>58205871

ASUS
>>
Are virtual machines yet good enough to use as my main OS?
>>
Does Google actually make money from YouTube?
>>
>>58208327
Probably not
>>
File: Screenshot_20161226-163947.jpg (401KB, 1061x981px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161226-163947.jpg
401KB, 1061x981px
Will CDs/USBs with Mac OS on it work when I put the needed tools on the drive just like if I had downloaded it from a Mac and put it on a USB stick?
Will it Hackintosh?
>>
File: asian_boobs.jpg (235KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
asian_boobs.jpg
235KB, 681x1024px
Best hadware diagnostic tool anyone?
>>
I have an R9 270X that crashes to a stripped screen, 99% of times under no load.

Temps, etc are A-OK, and I've recently upgraded almost everything, but it keeps happening, so I'm RMA'ing it. The vendor said that they would send it back to MSI in order to get it replaced, but with an card "that has similar performance".

What to expect?
>>
Is there a huge difference between those tiny headphone amps you see in /bst/ and and old vintage amplifier, besides size?
>>
>>58203691
So I'm trying to learn assembly and it isn't going well. I'm still trying to figure out subroutines, by writing one that prints some string.
It prints the string out fine, then segfaults.
Any help would be very much appreciated!

section     .text
global _start

_start:
mov eax, text
call printeax

mov ebx, 0
mov eax, 1
int 80h

printeax:
push eax
call print_len
mov edx, eax
pop ecx
mov ebx, 1
mov eax, 4
int 80h

print_len:
push ebx
mov ebx, eax
.next:
cmp byte [eax], 0
jz .done
inc eax
jmp .next
.done:
sub eax, ebx
pop ebx
ret

section .data
text DB 'Testing!', 0xA, 0
>>
>>58208400
460 maybe 370/380?
>>
>>58205568
Oh okay..
>>
>>58208592
Well, if anyone cares, it's because I was missing a ret at the end of printeax
>>
>>58208620
Am I going to be given a shitty version of these cards? I bought the gayming version of the 270, bc it has a proper cooling solution and matches my autistic black-red scheme. Will I be able to get them to send me one of their gayming versions of those cards?

Anyone with experience on such bullshit?
>>
>>58208668
Just be happy if its faster than your old card
Make a huge stink if its worse
>>
File: Speccy.png (40KB, 762x651px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
40KB, 762x651px
Planning on upgrading some shit in my computer.

Does bronze/silver/gold/platinum really matter for the 80 plus rating if you're just buying a power supply for your average gaming pc?

I assume bronze is enough if I buy a high enough watt psu for my computer
>>
Why is Desktar NAS the brand of choice for data hoarders?
>>
>>58208668
I've never had to deal with that before but can't you ask them for the exact model they're going to send you?

Why would they think its ok for them to send you a fucking mystery box?
>>
Best way to play music in the car via FM transmitter?
>>
>>58208831
If the one being replaced is out of production it's not always that simple, so they can end up sending you something newer.
>>
i upgraded my pc and now two of my case fans aren't working and I can't find where i'm meant to plug the cunts in on the mother board

there are some 4 pin slots but the fans only have three pins
>>
>>58208875
I would still think they'd let you know what's coming in the mail.

Once again never had to RMA anything before so maybe I just don't understand the bullshit you have to go though
>>
If I want some loud as fuck speakers, like club speakers a DJ would use, to play my music loud as fuck and annoy my neighbors, what stuff would I need to hook them up to a PC, and what actual speakers should I get? I'd like them to be loud, and have nice sound and bass (subwoofers, built in or seperate) I guess.
>>
>>58208922
you can plug them in to the 4 pin slots cuzzy
>>
>>58208922
That just means your fans don't have pwn control, you can still use the 4 pin fan headers
>>
File: tumblr_m8x1cwHMQG1ql9h78o1_500.jpg (195KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8x1cwHMQG1ql9h78o1_500.jpg
195KB, 500x674px
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html
According to this which is better?
a CPU with U suffix or Y suffix?
Regarding laptops if this makes a difference.
>>
I'm running a small win7 VM on my server to convert videos using handbrake.

I don't see much difference between assigning 2 cores or 4 which I find strange. I have a 4c/8t CPU.

Isn't video conversion supposed to scale really well? I have checked for other bottlenecks but can't seem to find anything.
>>
>>58209028
Y is slower but uses less pwoer
>>
>>58209052
This is using virtualbox on ubuntu server btw.
>>
>>58209056
And U is faster than Y?
>>
>>58209069
U is weaker than Y

most likely

Ultra > Extreme
>>
>>58209069
He just said Y is slower, which makes U faster, yes.

>>58209091
No. Why answer if you don't know the answer and just guess?
>>
>>58208982
>>58208983
thanks lads
>>
Where are the best places to look for foobar and rainmeter skins?
>>
Can someone please give me the custom CSS to remove the christmas hat?
>>
>>58209379
.party-hat { display: none!important; }
>>
>>58209413
Damn anon you're so smart.
>>
what's a good Linux fan speed adjustment program?
>>
>>58209563
fancontrol, part of lm_sensors
works way better than speedfan does in windows
>>
>>58208810
Do you pay your own electricity bill? If so get gold, if not you're fine with silver or bronze. platinum is mostly a longer warranty and fully modular IIRC
>>
>>58209702
looks like gold it is, thanks!
>>
File: 1452467620886.jpg (175KB, 625x467px) Image search: [Google]
1452467620886.jpg
175KB, 625x467px
What is the cheapest way to get Windows 10?
>>
File: subway-20[1].png (169KB, 759x407px) Image search: [Google]
subway-20[1].png
169KB, 759x407px
how to create map like this
>>
I have a broken phone display, the phone is functional but I can't use it since touchscreen is dead. I remember a year or 2 ago I used some java thing that allowed me to control the phone from PC. What was that? I'd like some small functional software, not bulky malware like shit, ty
>>
>>58209973
i've heard that you can install it using a flash drive but don't have to use a serial key to access the goods

how much of my privacy is being taken from me when i install windows 10, and is there a guide on how to remove such spyware
>>
File: Fuck you.png (105KB, 907x407px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
105KB, 907x407px
>>58207575
Piss off you cunt
>>
Apparently Solus has this special git ps1 prompt. I'm running Ubuntu, but I want the same. I've seen a bunch of other variations, but I like this one better than any other I've seen.

Possible on Ubuntu?
>>
>>58209973
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

pretend to be crippled ;^)
>>
>>58208810
>>58209792
Don't listen to that anon, it's pretty expensive and you won't save much on power, not enough to make worth while at least.

Bronze is good enough.
>>
getting myself a mate 9 + hd 559 for 660 euro both for holidays.
how'd I do?
>>
>>58210250
https://github.com/agnoster/agnoster-zsh-theme
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>58210265
I got a microcenter gift card and I've seen some pretty decent sales on them anyway. Does the rating also have to do with reliability and build quality too though? Because I really want it to last a long time.

PSU really isn't something I want to upgrade often
>>
>>58209973
torrent

Do you know how to use torrent sites and torrent programs?
>>
>>58210316
No not really but usually the ones that are 80% or higher are much better quality.

Bronze and 80% are good enough. EVGA has some really good yet cheap power supplies, they are great.
>>
>>58210365
>>
>>58210343
Thanks, I'll check them out
>>
>>58210378
How much is the gift card?
>>
>>58210323
>pirating an OS
I can't think of a single better way to be keylogged and botnetted for eternity
>>
File: adblock-vs-ublock.jpg (25KB, 933x606px) Image search: [Google]
adblock-vs-ublock.jpg
25KB, 933x606px
How do I block the ads on 4fuckr.com without triggering the "You can not use this feature while Adblock is enabled. Sorry." (It appears when using right-click which is needed.)
>>
>>58206404
Dingoo A320
>>
Ok, I was wanting to dual boot windows 10 alongside my widows 7, but I was wondering if I could limit windows 10 to using only 1 or 2 of my hdd, but still have windows 7 using all of them.
>>
>>58209973
kinguin
>>
>>58210316
gold and platinum will have less energy being wasted as heat compared to bronze silver or 80 plus.
>>
>>58210480
>he doesn't verify that the image is untouched before installing
>>
>>58210005
google maps API i'm guessing
>>
>>58208234
Im doing that right now.
Unless you want gaming.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.