[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /g/. I hardly venture onto this side of the board but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Hey, /g/. I hardly venture onto this side of the board but I've got a problem and I know you can solve it.

My Note 5 broke a while back and I just got my replacement in. My older backup had water poured on it and I can't get the pictures from 6 months ago back.

I desperately need those photos. Everywhere I check either tells me to grab them with a USB cable (not working as I can't use the screen) or use this dr fone shit, which far as I can tell doesn't even work with a phone this new.

What can I do, /g/? And if you throw in as a bonus a way to get deleted files from
a phone, I'll toss you whatever goodies are on this new phone.
>>
>>58203491
Not worth it. Water damage will require at least level 3 data recovery. We normally charge over $249 for that where I work.

Say goodbye to your sisters nudes. :(
>>
>>58203637
my original one was just smashed. Screen doesn't work but that's it.

It was my physical backup that was waterlogged. Long since gave up on that.
>>
>>58203699
Recovery will still cost you a fortune, any physical damage to the hdd will not be worth paying for. Keep up with cloud backups next time.

What did you have on the old drive that you need so badly?
>>
>>58203699

If you need it bad enough, buy a new screen for it, install it, get your shit off of the phone and then sell the phone or keep it as a backup.

The screens are a pain to replace in these because they're glued in, but it doesn't matter because it's smashed to shit anyway. The Note 5 sells for 250 used on ebay. The screens are roughly 150 dollars, so you'll make some money on the deal if you sell it.
>>
So do Samsung devices not show up as mass-storage when plugged into a computer?
Isn't there a program for android development that can mirror the display to a PC? I could have sworn it was part of the regular SDK.
>>
>>58203699
>>58203769
The reason he's having so much trouble is because the HDD was probably damaged when the screen was broke.
>>
>>58203752
My son's first month.
>>
File: 1443983081834.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1443983081834.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>58203826

pls b b8

NAND storage is practically indestructible. The memory is fine, he just needs a screen to put in the password so he can dump everything to his computer.
>>
>>58203769
The problem is I'm going through Verizon's insurance plan and that means no fixing the screen my self.
Phone still works. I can say "OK Google" and have it done whatever but it can't connect to my chrome cast or anything that requires screen input.
>>
>>58203845
Shit well if I'm right and there is physical damage to the drive then you had better be willing to cough up over a thousand for those baby pics.

Good luck.
>>
>>58203860

What happens when you try to plug it in as mass storage?
>>
>>58203813
There used to be ages ago. A few years back I retrieved stuff from a buddy's phone easily but either times have changed or I forgot to enable debugging on my last phone.
>>
>>58203866

There's no physical damage to the memory, Legoman.
>>
>>58203871
It downloads drivers and opens and empty window.
I didn't enable USB debugging nor can I try to do so without a screen.
>>
>>58203894

Seems the only solution is to remove the old screen in as large of pieces as you can. Plug in the cables of the new screen. Use the new screen to get your data back, then unplug it and resell/return the new screen.

Send all the pieces of the old phone back to Verizon. Put it back together the best you can and then play stupid if they ask you questions.
>>
>>58203883
>Legoman

What did he mean by this?

>>58203894
Well there you go. You could try to remote into the phone. Otherwise you need a new screen to change the necessary setting.
>>
>>58203936
What would be the best way to do so?
A few months ago I'd spend hours googling to solve puzzle but honestly I don't have the time.

Hell, I'm rocking my son now.
>>
>>58203946

Not him, but you can't adb into your phone without first enabling it in the settings on your phone.
>>
>>58203963
Well fuck.

Verizon is going to charge me to do it, said they do it all the time.
Was hoping to stretch my money and save it but dang.
>>
>>58204032

How much are they going to charge? You could just do what this anon said: >>58203934

It won't cost any money, but it might take an hour or two.
>>
If it supports MHL could you just plug it into a monitor? You'd probably need a usb hub if you wanted to use a mouse though.

On second thought just plug in a mouse, drag down, click usb device, click storage? I mean it'll probably take a few hours of random clicking.
>>
>>58204055
Yeah but replacing the phone was cheaper than replacing the screen (family paid for it to pay me back for destroying a hard drive) and I have to send the broken one back. I'd rather not risk fucking it up worse and having to pay more money.

I'm a stay-at-home dad, money is pretty tight.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.