[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you pick the right Noctua? I search Amazon for 120mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: noctua.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
noctua.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
How do you pick the right Noctua?

I search Amazon for 120mm Noctua and I get the NF-F12, NF-S12A, NF-S12B, NF-P12, NE-FD1, NF-S12-1200.

I see one random Amazon answer which often are wrong saying one particular one is only for "pushing against a static load" so it should only be used for radiators. Is there any secret sauce here? Should I just slap one in my cart? I'm looking to replace two exhaust fans on the back of my chassis that have bad bearings and are getting loud. One 80mm and one 120mm.

Based on my best guesses I've got NF-S12A and NF-A8 in the cart.
>>
>>58189332
they have different air pressure levels. simply speaking you want more fans to push air INTO the case than out of it and you can't go wrong
>>
>>58189332
Which one is the usage?
- CPU fans? NF-F12 (1500 RPM) NFS12A (1200RPM) NF-P12 (1300 RPM)
- Case Cooling? NF-S12B

NE is an old generation.
NF-S12 is the old version of NF-S12A, I guess
>>
>>58189464
Hmm... I've got one 120mm on the front intaking air, and a 250mm on the side intaking air, and 120 and 80mm on the back exhausting.
>>
>>58189332
dont expect these quiet fans to be silent unless you drop it to 600rpm
>>
Be quiet shadow wings PWM if you want quiet fans.
Noctua if you want it to sound like your computer is about to launch into orbit at 50% fan speed.
>>
>>58189680
>>58189709
I'm replacing one fan with a bad bearing so I suspect these will still be a lot quieter. I was just under the impression these Noctuas were very high quality. Better suggestion?
>>
>>58189332

Maybe the right Noctua isn't even made by Noctua
>>
You don't need a Noctua, /g/ is only telling you to get one because European/expensive = quality(?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186033&ignorebbr=1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186072&ignorebbr=1
>>
>>58189809
Hmm they have the Arctics on Amazon too. I'll look around a bit at them.
>>
Do you guys use the rubber isolators for your case fans? All of mine are screwed in currently.
>>
>>58189332
you don't

you buy based thermalright TY-147
>>
>>58190039
mine are screwed in. I don't notice the noise over my gpu fan anyway. also should i be using all my fans to push air out if my case is sealed and filtered against dust to improve air flow over components?
>>
>>58190099
No. You want more in than out, or those filters will do nothing.
>>
File: pure-wings-2-1.jpg (486KB, 1823x1577px) Image search: [Google]
pure-wings-2-1.jpg
486KB, 1823x1577px
Just bought a few of these puppies to replace the shit Phanteks my case came with
>>
>>58190109
What about on a Thermaltake Armor? The entire front of the huge case is a filtered grill. The top is completely open. There's so many places for air to get in passively. If I had more exhaust than intake wouldn't that pull air in from all sides?
>>
What the fuck happened to /g/?
>Amazon is for product research
>not going to, say, Noctua for product info
>being this fucking bad at choosing fucking case fans
I can only imagine the ROG 1337 colour-coordinated build this is going toward.

Kys
>>
>>58190152
This. Noctua's site has all the info.
>>
>>58190152
It's going towards replacing dead fans in a case from 2006. I've had the same Thermaltake Armor since I built my PC for college. Two of the fans are starting to get loud because the bearings are going and I just need to replace them. I thought I'd double check after seeing the weird Amazon answers answer before buying fans designed for use on a radiator as case fans. Nothing 1337 going on here at all.
>>
>>58190181
Go on Noctuas site and you can get an explanation of all the different fans and names. Some are older models, some are designed for static pressure, some are pwm and some are fixed rpm.
>>
>>58190181
>Nothing 1337 going on here at all.

Happy 2017, /g/.
>>
>>58189809
>>58190121
>>58189762
This.

I bought a second hand 4770k build for cheap but it had some pretty high temps and noise, so I did some research to get a new cooler and fans and even when at first I had my mind on some Noctuas when I researched a bit I decided to get a Be Quiet dark rock pro 3 and some silent wings. Gotta love that silence.
Too bad I missed it on black friday :/.
>>
>>58189332
I just bought some of the Industrial NF-F12 fans for my rad. They are not quiet, which I didn't care about. They move a shit ton of air though and have I believe the highest static pressure of most fans.
>>
>>58190109
if theres more air in then out, i dont need filters at all since the air is always exiting the case at all openings
>>
>poo fans
>>
Noctua are overpriced fans.

There are better fans out there.
>>
>>58189332
>Buying the brown fan Jew
>>
I bought a Coolermaster Xtraflo 120 as a second fan. It's loud as fuck and I have it unplugged most of the time. Even at 30% it's louder than the rest of my PC.

Is it just a shit fan or is it broken or something? The stock coolermaster fan that came with the case is fine but that one is just so loud.
>>
>>58190933
Only if your airflow is perfectly balanced which isn't reasonably possible, and even then you still have intake fans.
>>
>>58190933
>not filtering your intakes
It's like you love filth.
>>
>>58190933
That's not how filters work
>>
>>58190039
Depends on how shitty/good your case is. If you have one of those 20 sweex cases then get rubber since everything will vibrate.
>>
>>58189332

Static pressure based on their placement/use. Google static pressure for info.

I have lots of fans, observations if they are at all helpful:

Corsair SP120 - good perfomance, loud at high RPM
Noctua Industrial (black) - best performance but fucking loud, 2000 rpm acceptable with reduced speed, DO NOT buy 3000rpm unless you don't mind sitting next to a hurricane
Normal noctua - good performance, quiet, colour is pretty ugly unless you don't care
BeQuiet - reasonable performance, mounting is a bit weird, not as quiet as expected and the black rubber trim slowly turns spoiled white over time and looks horrible
Akasa venom - reasonable performance but look a bit fugly
Silverstone - just no

Quite interested in getting hold of a couple of the mag-lev corsairs and seeing what they're like
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.