[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 31

File: TLPI-front-cover.png (183KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
TLPI-front-cover.png
183KB, 454x600px
The Linux Programming Interface Edition

What are my dudes working on tonight?
>>
Carnivorous plants are disgusting.
>>
Link the old thread, you idiot:
>>58153699

It keeps a continuity.
>>
>>58160349
Still working on my client for WAMPVOIP.
>>
Web framework in Rust
will call it Forge or some shit
>>
Can anyone recommend a simpe device that would be interesting to write a linux driver for? I'd like to learn more about the topic but it's a bit difficult to be motivated without some project.
>>
File: trumpcowboy2.png (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
trumpcowboy2.png
99KB, 720x960px
This isn't a Lena, it's luminosity-based HSL posterization. Everybody happy now?
>>
>>58160382
I'm never happy
>>
What's a good book for learning ML
>>
>>58160349
How should I handle an integer overflow for my VM? Just let it wrap around, or throw a runtime error?
>>
>>58160421
does your vm have exceptions?
>>
>>58160432
Not really, I guess I could just set an overflow flag.
>>
>>58160450
create detectors for overflow, divide by zero etc
>>
currently learning Vim. Hope to have all this down by next weekend
>>
>>58159482
>Sure, but even something as benign as "Fix this retarded shit" will get you fucking pulled of github in the end.
>It's just kind of demoralizing knowing that every comment and commit message will get scrutinized more than a fucking NSA job application.
I am annoyed by SJWs as much as anyone here but I'm never going to say "Fix this retarded shit" in a public pull request because I doubt there is a single dev that'd respond to such a message from a stranger, hell even from a fellow project member. I know I wouldn't. A guy calls me a fag, I'll say it's because he's mad I didn't give him a reacharound last night and then close the thread because I probably have other bugs to look at.

Just say:
>Spec says blah
>This example shows it's not
>pls fix, maybe here's a patch

It's not that hard (well it is for real open source projects, but not this way).
If they're being difficult and insist they're not wrong, either try to understand why, or make a post on Reddit/HN about how they insist they're not wrong. If it's actually a non-trivial problem, somebody else might make the post for you anyway too.

But with open source, even in the best of cases where you don't hurt their fragile feelings, your patches and/or fixes for your bugs will always take a long time to ever make it into mainstream, if at all. They need to grow some thicker skin, but it seems you do too.
>>
>>58160553
Google learn to speak vim
>>
>>58160754

i did the openvim tut and just using a cheat sheet now. So far so good
>>
File: Babby.jpg (53KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
53KB, 521x521px
>android application
>activity has noHistory = true
>start new activity
>call finish in first activity
>first activity continues while new activity is running

WHAT
FUCKING
DO
>>
>>58160775
>android
give up before it steals your soul
>>
>>58160793
But I want to spend 2 days making an extremely simple game, then get rich.
>>
>>58160798
You have to do it like 20 times though
>>
>>58160798
Most apps don't ever get downloaded.
>>
File: fuck_the_cia.png (767KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_the_cia.png
767KB, 700x700px
>>58160553
You don't need to try and learn it all in one go, anon - you can just add bits and pieces along the way, and work toward becoming a pro vim user. I'm gonna drop some knowledge bombs for ya in case you're still in the thread.

- You stay in Normal mode 95% of the time
- In ~/.vimrc, put the following lines
inoremap jk <Esc>
inoremap kj <Esc>
this allows you to leave insert mode by typing those letters. This is a common trick to save yourself from constantly hitting escape key, which hurts over time.
- Visual mode is how you copy/paste, and you enter visual mode with v, select text, then copy with y. Then paste from Normal mode with p.
- However if you use capital V to enter visual mode, you enter visual LINE mode, which makes copying and pasting blocks of text easier. Oftentimes when you copy and paste multiple lines in visual mode, the formatting gets fucked up because of newlines etc. Visual line mode sidesteps this issue
- In normal mode, 'ce' at the start of a word to erase it and enter insert mode to write it again
- $ to end of line, ^ to start of line
- you can select block of text with Visual Line mode, then use > and < to indent or de-indent the whole block. Repeat as necessary

You should go give all these commands a swing

Also, if you find that Vim really tickles your fancy, please look up the Dvorak key layout - You will be a true 1337 haxor if you use Vim exclusively with the Dvorak layout.

Cheers m8
>>
>>58160366
whats the deal with iron? tell me about forge
>>
Don't see a webdev thread up so I'll ask here. I'm using flask.

I keep get this weird error when trying to submit a signup form saying my User class __init__ takes 2 variables at most but is receiving 3.

Here's links to my code:
- main login file -
paste.pound-python.org/show/6XgO9Hd0FsGLrLttsuq5/

paste.pound-python.org/show/q4wVLK81MhdZNRKTpe6N/

I'm not sure why this error would be occurring because I'm never giving 3 variables to User's __init__ from what I can say.
>>
>>58160961
this may be because User is a subclass
can you show the definition of db.Model.__init__
can you show the full stack trace?
>>
>>58160971
Thanks for the quick response. This is one of the more obscure errors I've seen recently.
I'm not sure how to show the definition of db.Model.__init__ because it's a built in Flask class/object.

Here's a stack trace:
pastebin.com/WxWYrpJp
>>
Bored.
Alone for holidays as flight was cancelled.
C++ Dev of >5 yrs, looking for a programming project to piss away time that *isn't* ecommerce.
I'd do web-dev in C++ for fun, but can't think of a project I'd like to do.

Throw me a bone, /g/?
>>
>>58160987
reading the trace carefully, you can see the error originates here:
  File "/home/ANON/PycharmProjects/login/login.py", line 40, in signup
if sform.validate_on_submit() and request.method == 'POST':

specifically when calling sform.validate_on_submit()

you need to create an __init__ method for signupform and probably loginform, too

i'm not sure what the argument footprint should be for either, check the documentation for FlaskForm.__init__(self, args...)

let me know what happens next
>>
>>58160892
trying to make sure it stays close to the name 'rust', forge will basically be a framework in which you can manage HTTP connections and use Rust to build web applications, it'll handle TCP, sessions, websockets (optional), validation, authentication, templating etc. for you
>>
>>58161003
CTD: If anyone has some C++ questions, I'd be happy to help. I'll be showering in ~20 mins, but would be happy to field questions until then.
>>
File: 1482618565908.jpg (72KB, 806x711px) Image search: [Google]
1482618565908.jpg
72KB, 806x711px
>>58161003
Merry Christmas!
>>
>>58161031
Thanks! :(
>>
>>58160987
>>58161010
actually, it could just be

def __init__(*args):
FlaskForm.__init__(*args)

after thinking a bit more, i'm not totally sure if this is the problem but give it a try anyway i guess
>>
>>58161010
>>58161035

I'll work on adding __init__()'s
that's weird though because I've never seen anyone add those when creating a form class. Not even in the docs.
>>
>>58161039
yeah i've never used flask lol so im not entirely sure...

i found this possibly relevant stackoverflow post:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18812240/type-error-on-calling-validate-in-wtforms
>>
File: 1480494689392.jpg (61KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
1480494689392.jpg
61KB, 801x801px
What color of striped socks will improve my programming skills the most?
>>
>>58161042
i think i see the problem now:
you've written
validators=[Email, DataRequired("Email is required")])

but, as the stackoverflow says, you need to instantiate (in this example Email)
so write
validators=[Email(), DataRequired("Email is required")])

instead
>>
>>58161053
One of each
>>
File: pepe dabs.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepe dabs.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>58161039
>>58161058
quoting you so you get a notification
i hope this works :P
>>
The last six days, I did nothing bit sleep and program, with the occasional walk inbetween.

And I DO have normie hobbies, like traveling or going to events. But programming has become the most addictive thing in the world. There is always something to learn.
>>
>>58161058
>>58161064
Hey, thanks anon! it worked!
I've been staring at the whole thing for so long...
Seriously though, thanks for the help.
Wonder why I was getting an init error on my if statement?
>>
>>58161089
At least you're not engaged in debauchery or compulsive masturbation.
>>
>>58161093
well you weren't really get the error exactly in the if statement; i just confused myself
i forgot these frameworks make everything complicated with lots of function calls

but basically, in that if statement there was a function call that led (through even more nested function calls) to the final statement giving the exception: validator(form, self)

come back any time with more questions!
>>
>>58161003
>>58161013
Seems to be uninteresting. Oh well. I'll shower and check back later, for ideas or people with questions I might be able to help with.

Thanks anon for wishing me a happy Christmas.
>>
>>58161108
Ah, that makes sense. There are a lot of complicated function calls.
At least most of the time Flask is pretty comfy.
>>
>>58161115
Damn, that's depressing :(

Goodnight /g/.
>>
File: me.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
Dear /dpt/,

I'm making this UI rendering framework in C#
The 1st thread is used to handle logic and posts all rendering work to a queue that the 2nd thread goes through

But now I want to give controls the ability to have their rendering method automatically called again after x milliseconds in case UI elements need to be animated

For this purpose I cannot use Thread.Sleep() since it would block the queue of the 2nd thread
And I can't really use await Task.Delay() because it spawns additional threads (which is bad with hundreds of controls potentially posting stuff at about the same time) and because it doesn't do the work in the 2nd thread

Can anyone think of a good way of doing this?
>>
,>>58160872
>knowledge bombs
everything there is covered in the vim tutorial
>dvorak
no supporting evidence that there is any benefit from switching over
>>
>>58161237
Use a third thread to go through every Control, every x ms.
Problem solved.
>>
>>58161317
As someone who's switched to dvorak I can tell you it's put a lot less stress on my fingers.
That's why I switched.
>>
>>58161675
I'm looking for a >good way< of doing this
>>
>>58161013
I'll take your offer.

Whats the good way of catchin up with 11 and 14?
My knowledge of cpp is pretty solid but its mostly 98 i didnt have opportunity to work with never features.
I know lambdas, autos, initializer lists and other easy stuff but id like to bitr deeper.
Im starting c++ dev position in january.

Any good books (i tried stroustrp but God his pen is heavy) that touched newest features? Maybe good pluralsight tut?
>>
>>58161773
I don't think there could be a better choice. It's a single redundant Thread with no other purpose, so it shouldn't ever be slower than any other Update you might need. You could also go through every Control without some bigger delay and compare the time of last check to determine, if it needs another update. In later Progress, you could also use the same Thread for checking other variables that need updating. Hell, you could even make another Thread for every x Controls to be sure, that they are updated fast enough.
>>
>>58161687
i'm glad it's helped you
i just wanted to defeat the idea that it is better in general; that is not the case and i believe the guy who invented it was guilty of trying to corrupt the results of his layout vs. qwerty
but if it's helped you, that's great and i'm happy to hear it anon
merry christmas
>>
I'm learning Sepples and trying to wrap my head around why this is allowed.

If I have a function which takes std::string as an argument, I can pass a const char * like "hello" as an argument. However, a function which takes const char * as argument will not allow you to pass an argument of type const char *. What's happening here?
>>
>>58161888
post the relevant code because that makes no sense lol
>>
>>58161898

SDL_Surface *loadImage(std::string fname) {
SDL_Surface *gfxImage = IMG_Load(fname.c_str());
if (!gfxImage)
printf("Error loading file %s. SDL_Error: %s\n", fname.c_str(), SDL_GetError());
return gfxImage;
}

Then:

loadImage("image.jpg")
>>
>>58161898
>>58161936
However the following:

std::string s1 = "hello";
const char *s2 = s;

Will produce an error.

error: cannot convert ‘std::string {aka std::basic_string<char>}’ to ‘const char*’ in initialization
const char *s2 = s1;

What I'm asking is: by what rule of the type system, or whatever rule of C++, is one direction allowed but not the other?
>>
>>58161053
neutral grey/ever so slightly darker grey. It'll go nice with your subtle eye-shadow and lightly powdered lips.
>>
>>58161675
Isn't this like, the entire purpose of callbacks and timers and events and shit?>>58161773
>>58161237
>>
>>58161951
ahh yeah that's problematic lol
in fewer words, one direction is allowed but not the other

std::string is a class and const char * is a pointer
when you write
std::string str_obj = "foo";

the class initializes itself using the char pointer, it is not really cast

in general, you can't cast a class to char * because of type safety
but you can cast a class to void *

if you want a const char * from std::string, you can call string_obj.c_str()
>>
>>58160363
That's not carnivorous tho
>>
>>58161951
const char *s2 = s1.c_str();
>>
>>58161995
Thank you for the explanation. If I understand correctly, an assignment like this:

std::string str_obj = "foo";

Is actually syntactic sugar for something like this:

std::string str_obj("foo");

If so, does C++ allow you to define your own initialisation sugar? Or is this just a special thing for strings?
>>
File: 1461413571373.png (496KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1461413571373.png
496KB, 5000x5000px
Please respond seriously anons.

I am really frustrated at the way GNOME/gtk is moving. I have determined my life is worth of no value so I decided to make myself useful by helping the Linux community.

Please tell me how to get into LxQt development? I am going to start from the scratch.
What books? In what order? Please I am looking for serious suggestions.
>>
>>58162022
>Is actually syntactic sugar for something like this:
yeah, something like that

>does C++ allow you to define your own initialisation sugar?
don't know c++ well enough to give you the right answer
maybe look into overloading the equals sign
>>
>>58162040
Cheers m8, appreciate it
>>
>>58162043
welcome B^)
>>
If you were an employer and could give only one short assignment to test the capabilities of an applying programmer, what would this assignment be?

Imo, recursion. If you do that well, you have the mindset of a programmer.
>>
>>58162025
So basically you need to learn C++ first, if you do not know it yet, here's a bunch of books that will do:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

You will also need to learn the Qt library, there are numerous books on the topic but I don't think it's necessary once you're familiar with C++ so should probably work your way through the Qt documentation afterwards: https://doc.qt.io/

The next step would be to familiarize yourelf with Git: https://git-scm.com/

Followed by reading the lxqt contribution guidelines: https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/wiki/Contributing-code

After that, just search through their issue tracker and pick whatever you would like to fix.
>>
>>58162059
depending on how short:
merge sort -> adaptive sort -> k-way sort merge.
Just give them all three, regardless of time, and say they just have to get one of them done. You'll probably learn a good amount about how they can handle deadlines/pressure that way, and how they handle punching above/below their weight.

Basically, set them up to fail only so much as they want to.
>>
>>58162059
Why are manhole covers round?
>>
>>58160349
Since its christmas for todays project i picked up writing program in c++ that will generate .wav file with some tune, preferably xmasy one. Its interesting exercise i have to admit, it proved more challenging than i tought.
>>
>>58162022
>special thing for strings
No, this a subtle point of how strings work in c++ but they are not magic. The c compiler has no internal syntactic knowledge of the std::string class, in fact we could define our own string class that allows string literals quite easily, heres how it works:
In C++ there is a thing called implicit constructors. Basically, when you have a spot where c++ is expecting something of type T, but you give it type S, it looks for ways to implicitly convert from S to T as to not cause an error. One way it does this is with the "implicit constructor", which is a constructor in T that takes a single argument of type S.
struct T {
T () {} // default ctor
T (S from_s) {...} // implicit ctor
};
void foo (T t) {...}
int main () {
S my_s;
foo(my_s);
}

Here, foo(my_s) would be a type error, so instead c++ implicitly constructs a T object using the implicit constructor, and sends this new object to foo() instead of my_s.
So how does this relate to strings? Basically, a string literal is really just a character array, just like in C. It has the type "const char*". The built in std::string class has a implicit ctor taking in a const char*, so that when something expects a std::string but you give it a string literal, it implicitly constructs a std::string using the implicit constructor. Heres how we can do this ourself:
struct my_str {
my_string (const char* literal) {...} // implicit ctor
};
int main () {
my_str s = "hello";
}
>>
>>58162107
jesus fuck
>>
>>58162152
merry christmas
>>
>>58162090
Thank you anon. Much appreciated
>>
>>58161013
Currently working on opencv in cpp, I can't for the life of me get the output to stream on a webpage , how would you convert images to a stream in cpp?
>>
>>58162107
Cheers mate, that really clears it up.
>>
>>58161867
I don't want to mindlessly loop through all controls

I'm thinking more about another thread with a queue that skips entries which don't meet the timing criteria and loops with 1ms sleep until the queue is empty
Then when it's empty I can pause the thread until new stuff is added to the queue
Oh, and when they meet the criteria I would just add them to the regular queue in the 2nd thread

Though the whole thing is a bit complicated, which is why I wonder if there's a better way
>>
>>58162107
so this is the point where you kill yourself right?
and people give python 3 shit for having two string types
>>
File: pepe punching.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
pepe punching.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>58162293
>so this is the point where you kill yourself right?
if you can't understand the language, don't criticize it
>>
>>58162301
ill just use c or rust and avoid c++ like the plague
>>
>>58162301
>Frogposting
>Defends C++
Yes, you definitely should kill yourself.

>>58162107
>All of that implicitness
Enjoy never being able to reason about your programs.
>>
>>58162293
nah the dude has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>58162293
>python 3 shit for having two string types

it does? :O
>>
Any good language would have two different string types: mutable and immutable.
>>
C is a dinosaur.
C++ is a neanderthalian.
Java is from the Middle Ages.

but theyre still used, because legacy code. no small to mid-size company dares to re-write all its enterprise software into <hip meme language that might disappear in some years>.
>>
>>58162365
Java and C# both have immutable String class and mutable StringBuffer/StringBuilder classes.
>>
>>58162376
>C is a dinosaur.
>but theyre still used, because legacy code.
How are you going to program microcontrollers?
>>
>>58162385
>inb4 assembly
>>
r8 my formatting pls

public class Database {

//VARIABLES

//METHODS
public Database (String filepath, String ... classesofobj0 ) {
this.classesofobj = classesofobj0;
this.identifiers = new String[Array.getLength(classesofobj0)];
this.currentobj = new ExtractableObject[Array.getLength(classesofobj)];
}
try {
this.reader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(filepath));
} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
}
}

public void extractObjects (int amount) {
int objectCounter = 0;
try {
String line; String [] fields; int sublevels = Array.getLength(classesofobj);
while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null && objectCounter < amount) {
lineCounter++;
fields = line.split("\t");
recursiveExtraction(sublevels, fields, 0);
}
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
System.out.println("Stopped extracting " + classesofobj[0] + "(s) at line " + lineCounter + ", currently " + this.database.size() + " in the database.");
try {
if (reader.readLine() == null) {
System.out.println("Reached last line of file, " + lineCounter + ". No more objects to extract. Reader is closed.");
reader.close();
}
} catch (IOException ex) {
}
}
}

private void recursiveExtraction (int sublevels, String[] fields, int sublevel) {
if (fields[0].equals(identifiers[sublevel])) {
currentobj[sublevel] = manager.getExtractableObject(classesofobj[sublevel], fields);
if (sublevel == 0) {
this.database.add(currentobj[sublevel]);
}
else if (sublevel > 0) {
currentobj[sublevel - 1].addSubObject(currentobj[sublevel]);
}
}
else if (!(fields[0].equals(identifiers[sublevel]))) {
sublevel++;
if (sublevel == sublevels) {
return;
}
else if (sublevel < sublevels) {
recursiveExtraction (sublevels, fields, sublevel);
}
}
}

}
>>
File: 8FxIj.gif (533KB, 369x287px) Image search: [Google]
8FxIj.gif
533KB, 369x287px
How are websites like kissanime.ru and 9anime.to made?

Do these websites have a backend, for anime and episode updates? Do they write that backend themselves?

Do they use some kind of CMS ?

I'm just curious of the workflow of these kind of websites.

Anime Streams, Databases etc..
>>
c++ is so UGLY
>>
>>58161799
No him, but "A Tour of C++", and Scott Meyers' books.
>>
>>58162458
Where is it ugly, Anon?
>>
>>58162316
> Enjoy never being able to reason about your programs.

Mark it as 'explicit'. :3
>>
>>58162467
Basically all of it.
There non-ugly parts of C++ are just lifted from C.
>>
>>58162467
U G L Y
>>
i have a method doStuff(int amount) that does stuff amount of times.

is there a way to do stuff an infinite amount of stuff, if the user leaves (amount) empty?
>>
File: end it now.jpg (4KB, 85x85px) Image search: [Google]
end it now.jpg
4KB, 85x85px
So I need to implement a RESTful API for a test to get a job and I have never done it before. How fucked am I?
>>
>>58162668

How high level is the job?
>>
>>58162667
>empty
By that, I assume you mean zero.
Just do something like
for (int  i = 0; i < amount || amount == 0; ++i) {
// Whatever
}

I don't know if the integer overflow is going to cause a problem in whatever the language you're using is, though.
>>
Good morning, guys.

Pascal or Basic? Which is better and why?
I know they are not used nowadays though.
>>
>>58162747
Neither. If you want to use an "old" language that is still relevant, learn C.
Though, if I had to pick between the two, I would definitely pick Pascal.
>>
>>58162693

thanks, that's what I do, "0" means "all"
>>
>>58162747

Do C, as anon above says
It's far closer to the syntax of today
>>
Guys, I need to do some C programming and I have to make my code work properly on OSX. Now the problem is that I can't make a virtual machine with OSX cause I have an AMD processor and I can't even make it boot. Now I can do V programming just fine on Linux, but the problem is that OSX handles memory management different than Linux even if I use the same compiler. Now do I have any other chances of working on OSX? Or at least anything that uses the same kernel as OSX so I get kinda the same results?
>>
>>58162809
Use only POSIX-complaint API, everyone supports them in the same way.
>>
>>58162681
Junior
>>
>>58162747
Pascal is great. It has ugly syntax as a result of being made in a time before that was a solved problem, but it has some genuinely excellent language design.
>>
>>58160349
Kerrisk and TLPI are god-tier.
Glad to see them getting some love.
>>
>>58162809
>OSX handles memory management different than Linux
How? Except for some strange situations (malloc(0)), shit should work the same everywhere.
If you're going beyond standard C, if you keep it within POSIX, you should be fine.
>>
>>58162758
>>58162781
I know C, guys. I have no problem what language to choose if I want to develop modern programs.

The problem is my first language was BASIC, and everyone around learnt Pascal. I want to know which language is better in overall, so I ask it.
>>
>>58162897
I don't really know a huge amount about old languages, but Dijkstra really seemed to hate BASIC.
It was probably the Java of its generation.
>>
>>58162897
My first language was BASIC for 8bit home pc and Pascal was way better back at the time.
>>
>>58162894
Fk, I don't have an example right now since I don't have a mac to make you and example and test things on. The idea is that OSX is more permissive with the memory management and most times things work on OSX while they segfault on Linux or give me a different result or memory gets corrupted and stuff like that. I had this happen on more than one occasion. And also, there are commands like ls, for example, that show stuff slightly different on OSX than on Linux for a couple of arguments...
>>
>>58162952
>segfault
You must be doing some dodgy shit for that to happen.
Are you trying to execute memory that's on the heap or something?
>>
>>58162963
I know how to handle segfaults, corrupt memory and stuff like that. It's just a bit annoying and confusing when something perfectly works on OSX but fails on Linux or even vice-versa sometimes...
>>
>>58162988
That's because your code is shit and relies on undefined or non-standard behavior, so stop whining and fix the code.
>>
>>58162988
If standard shit is not working on a platform, but maybe on another, it probably means that your program is relying on some wonky undefined/implementation-defined behaviour or something.
There isn't really enough information for me to tell what class of memory error it is though.

Pretty much: write your programs better.
>>
>>58163002
>>58163005
Please test this stuff before telling me about shit code. The first chance o get my hands on a mac again (in like 4-5 January) and I'll post code and examples of results from both to prove my point >.>
>>
>>58163091
Do you know what valgrind is?
>>
>>58163091
Have a look at this book: http://bookzz.org/book/2167553/a59ff8 . It has pretty much complete information about POSIX-compatibility in different Unixes, OSX including.
>>
what do people actually code in C++?

inb4 only hello worlds and college projects
>>
If i have my items (years from 2016 to 2000) and i want to put them in an ObservableCollection what would be the best way to do it?

myCollection.Add() seems VERY retarded. foreach loop and array with items seems ok but i guess there's already some one line solution that i can't get, without any need for array and foreach
>>
>>58163298
Any large industrial-scale project with a big group of people behind it (OpenCV, Qt, TesnorFlow, etc.)
>>
>>58163469
If I learn c++, I can make myself a qt?
>>
Remember to license everything under permissive licenses. Copyleft is niggerlicious.
>>
>>58163564

BSD is freedom.
>>
Advent of Code 2016 solutions by peter norvig himself

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/url/norvig.com/ipython/Advent%20of%20Code.ipynb
>>
>>58163339
idk but there usually is an AddRange method that takes an array
>>
>>58163675
Who?
>>
>>58163675
>>58163724
>python
I guess I don't care who
>>
>>58163724
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norvig
>>
>>58163732
>Sun Microsystems (Java)
>Brown University
poetry
>>
>>58163742
he left sun before java was a thing (and even that, sun was a lot more than java).
he has a phd from berkeley.
>>
>>58163533
People don't "learn C++", they become familiar enough with a few thousand language features (a small percentage of the language proper) that they can create interesting things.
>>
File: 1469491065420.jpg (34KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469491065420.jpg
34KB, 710x720px
>>58163819
>ruining poetry
why
>>
>>58163842
> a few thousand language features (a small percentage of the language proper)

this depresses me
>>
>>58163846
fuck off
>>
File: Pikachu.jpg (12KB, 286x509px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu.jpg
12KB, 286x509px
>catch all possible exceptions
>dont do shit to adress them
>>
>>58163914
>2017
>having to deal with exceptions
>>
>>58163938

>>>/webdevelopment/
>>
>>58163842
>there are tons of thousands of features in c++
you're just retarded. open the fucking c++ standard and count the fucking language features. then fuck off.
>>
>>58163989
Santa get you coal this year?
>>
>>58163966
>implying
>still using exceptions
>not realizing they're retarded
>>
>>58160349
Working on building a GTK GUI for my Steam library categorization software. (Would have gone with wxWidgets or Qt but couldn't get either of them to work properly with the version of Ruby I am using)
>>
>>58163989
>and count the fucking language features
You also have to know interactions and practices.

I'd say thousands is underestimating it.
>>
>>58164004
Santa is not real you child
>>
>>58164016
Say you have a method which returns a boolean value, but neither true nor false represent an error. You want a way to gracefully recover from an error which may occur within this method. What do? Changing the return type to an integer and returning an error code is not a good option and will not be accepted as a solution.
>>
>>58164063
struct Result
{
bool ok = false;
int value = 0;
std::string msg{};
};

Result method()
{
if (condition) {
return {true, 1};
}

return {false, 0, "sergio el computero no worko"};
}
>>
>>58164063
>using exceptions for control flow rather than for *exceptional* situations

enjoy your performance penalties you colossal retard
>>
>>58164063
error codes.

int method(bool *result)

if method returns 0 the boolean value in result is valid and there was no error in the computation. if method returns -1 then the boolean value in result is not valid.
>>
>>58164083
So now any time someone looking at that method wants to know what type it returns, they have to go investigate wtf a "Result" is. Yeah, real good solution. Way to reinvent exception handling for no reason.
>>
>>58164111
>wrap it in a template
>template type specified in function signature
>no longer a mystery

yeah man that was hard
>>
>>58164135
You still literally just invented a worse version of the already existing exception handling functionality. It does essentially the same exact thing except it only catches specific errors
>>
>>58164109
has anyone here ever programmed usb serial devices? I'm trying to understand how to write to a serial device and also read from it. I think my problem has to do with flushing the line but I'm not sure when to do it.
>>
>>58163298
If you're talking about any random person that knows C++, I've coded a rogue-like, chess, a file parser, and a few practice problems.
>>
>>58164164
I didn't explain the problem: when I write to the serial device and try to read the response, I simply get back what I wrote! For example, if I write "hello\n" and then I read, I get back "hello\n" instead of "world\n" that was written to the otherside.
>>
>>58164157
yeah whatever you code monkey
>>
>>58164101
Are you stupid? Using exceptions allows you to achieve performance gains when compared to making explicit checks for specific errors throughout your code. Let's say you are trying to parse a series of files with a complex format. Are you seriously going to explicitly check for every single possible thing that can go wrong in the parsing code? That would be slow and fucking retarded. The intelligent thing to do is to remove all the error checking from the parser and wrap the batch call to the parser in a single try/catch block.
>>
>>58164157
>worse
because C++ is shit

use monads and you get first class exceptions

> String -> IO (Either ErrorMessage FileHandle)
pretty obvious
>>
What if they made a new CPU architecture that skipped from 64 bit straight to 64 gigabyte registers?
>>
>>58164362
>>
>>58164362
What if you never asked this question?
>>
>>58164362
Then I guess we'd finally be able to address a memory range wider than the entire multiverse
>>
>>58162301
No, it has strings and bytearrays, like all sensible languages (but not python 2).
>>
>>58163298
I'm working on a 3D game engine which utilizes cross-platform open-source libraries such as GLFW and Assimp
>>
>>58162107
This is very similar to GHC's OverloadedStrings and OverloadedLists pragmas. Very nice.
>>
>>58164458
Except that the semantics are fucked because C++
>>
>Rust can not parse C header files
And here I thought CGo was horrible.
>>
>>58161869
I mean it probably is better in general.
If the common keyboard layout had all the functional f1-f12 keys in the middle and the numbers on the top row with with puncutation on the bottom row and letters every where else, it'd be very clearly inferior. Dvorak is also fairly clearly better than qwerty. Doesn't mean you have to switch but yeah it's pretty much objectively a better format.
>>
>>58162107
I'm not a C++ expert, but how does that not require copy assignment operator?

my_str s("hello"); and my_str s = "hello"; are different.
>>
>>58162152
This is why you should be skeptical to anyone who put "Proficient in C++" in their resume".
>>
>>58162419
They didn't host the video themselves, they upload it to google drive, see their DMCA page for more info.

They made a script that download new episodes by torrent from nyaa or some private tracker, the rest are basically CMS.
>>
File: 1481318579768.png (319KB, 541x609px) Image search: [Google]
1481318579768.png
319KB, 541x609px
Besides K&R, what's the best book to learn C?
>>
>>58164598
It might use the move constructor, though(i think), because you're initializing it, it uses the regular constructor.
>>
>>58164692

Modern C, since it is now essentially completed minus editing.

http://icube-icps.unistra.fr/index.php/File:ModernC.pdf
>>
test[\code]
>>
>>58164712
Thanks.
>>
sup /g/ents,

anyone looking for a job?
>>
best book on modern x86 assembly for windows development
>>
public ExtractableObject getExtractableObject (String classname, String[] fieldvalues) {
if (classname.equalsIgnoreCase("")) {
return null;
}
else if (classname.equalsIgnoreCase("Substance")) {
Substance obj = new Substance(this.getExtractableObjectFieldkeys(classname), fieldvalues);
return obj;
}
else if (classname.equalsIgnoreCase("SubstanceSynonym")) {
SubstanceSynonym obj = new SubstanceSynonym(this.getExtractableObjectFieldkeys(classname), fieldvalues);
return obj;
}
else if (classname.equalsIgnoreCase("Company")) {
Company obj = new Company(this.getExtractableObjectFieldkeys(classname), fieldvalues);
return obj;
}
else {
System.out.println("No class of ExtractableObject " + classname + " found. Set another class object.");
}
return null;
}

This basically BEGS for Java reflection, passing the class name as String argument.

Sadly, I have no clue how to use it.
>>
dunno if I should post here or in sqt

But I have written a program I have no way to test, the "while character != EOF" doesn't work in either modern IDE or I am doing something wrong(-1 etc), basically I need the loop to end but don't know any other way to loop like this, so
Would this "print horizontal histogram" code work? and how can I write it without while used this way ,if that's not too stupid to ask?
(also am i a pleb for struggling with this?)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#define MAXLENGTH 10
int main()
{
int c;
int wrd_len[MAXLENGTH];
int nc;
int i, j;

while((c = getchar()) != EOF){
++nc;
if(c == ' ' || c == '\t' || c == '\n'){
if(nc <= MAXLENGTH){
wrd_len[nc]++;
nc = 0;
}
}
}
for(i = 1; i <= MAXLENGTH; ++i){
printf("%2d", i);
for(j = 1; j <= MAXLENGTH[i]; ++j)
printf("*");
printf("\n");
}
}
>>
>>58164083
>return {true, 1};

can't believe that compiles

fucking c++ is like learning chinese
>>
>>58164812
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/aggregate_initialization
>>
>>58164804

Learn to Google.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18565663/while-c-getchar-eof-not-terminating
>>
>Want to program microcontrolers and make a retro like computer out of them
>No money to buy them and an SPI kit.
You java and c# fags don't know the true suffering
>>
Is there a way to break foreach loop if it finds specific string and just continues after that single loop?
>>
>>58164712
Just by reading the preface I can see the book is good. Where did you learn about it?
>>
>>58164889
Found it

foreach (int number in numbers) //   <--- go back to here --------+
{ // |
if (number < 0) // |
{ // |
continue; // Skip the remainder of this iteration. -----+
}

// do work
}
>>
Anyone familiar with gitgud.io? I want to avoid toxic git servers, but I don't know if this one is reliable. Not a lot of projects on it, don't want it just randomly shutting down on me at some point.
>>
>>58164891

His blog where he posts some handy tricks on using C which appear every now and then here and other places.

https://gustedt.wordpress.com

I've seen the book link posted by other people on /g/ but since it was seldomly updated, it wasn't common.
>>
>>58164922
just use gitlab.com
>>
>>58164966
Apparently they've been censoring projects, too.

I'm not planning on creating any controversial repos, but I'm not going to support any organization that does shit like that.
>>
File: 1422166471614.jpg (55KB, 591x609px) Image search: [Google]
1422166471614.jpg
55KB, 591x609px
>>58165027
http://gitla.in/
>>
>>58165027
ok
>>
>>58165027
better stop using google then
>>
File: 1476087736474.jpg (47KB, 327x322px) Image search: [Google]
1476087736474.jpg
47KB, 327x322px
>>58165101
>2017-1
>still using google
>>
Dammit, how do you insert in XAML textblock that has both Binding and a static string?

Something like
My name is: {Binding Name}

I don't even need any string just an empty space before Binding
>>
Kala Christougennia senpai
>>
>>58165171
what a retarded way of doing

It's a

Text="StringFormat =' {0}', {Binding Shit}"
>>
>>58160349
Maybe someone here can help me.

I am just starting to learn C for the sole purpose of creating little text or curses based programs, but can't find cookbooks for anything.

Any of you have an ebook, a website, a youtube channel, anything on creating any of these:
A little unix command.
Curses based file manager.
Curses based music player.
BBS (bulletin board system).

Any help is welcome.
>>
>>58165354
>BBS (bulletin board system)
Akari-BBS!
>>
>>58165391
hmm no
>>
>>58165391
Looks nice but is not the kind of BBS I meant.
>>
>>58165444
Although written in C makes it cooler. Maybe I can learn something from this.
>>
>>58165426
Do not bully the Akari-BBS
>>
>>58165479
shut up
>>
Hello /dpt/, newbie teaching himself from scratch here.

Over the past month I ran through a few Codecademy courses, flipped through a Java textbook pdf, and made some basic console programs that don't actually do anything besides take an input and spit something out, like temperature converters or quadratic equation calculators. I then downloaded Visual Studio and followed some guides to write the same sort of things in C++ as well as try out C# GUI editing to make a GUI calculator.

My question is, what should my next step be? At this point all the other pdfs I've picked up are the same kind of basic intro sort of stuff and I've already got a handle on the basics of arrays, loops, classes, etc, but when I start looking up projects that involve any sort of networking or forms I feel lost, and most tutorials I've come across so far are either too basic to give me much help or too vague to help me actually understand what the hell is actually going on so I don't feel like I've learned anything when I'm done.

Do I have to spend money at this point and enroll in a college course or bootcamp, or subscribe to codecademy's premium service?
>>
>>58165575
I think you need a clear objective, not books. What do you want to program? Ask yourself this and seek knowledge to accomplish it. You'll need to learn new things every time you start a new project, it's the same for most programmers.
>>
>>58165426
akari-bbs anon is better than you could ever dream of being
>>
I hate all of you.
>>
>>58165614
>seek knowledge to accomplish it
Is what I've been doing so far a good way to go about it? I tried following a guide for example to write a Java app that would take a string input and post it to my Twitter, but I don't feel like I learned much from it concerning APIs or keys, and when I would google some terms I'd invariably end up on a wiki where I'd put two and two together and just feel stupid. And I think about 1/10 StackOverflow pages I've come across were ever useful or on topic.

At this point my next project objective is to write a tabbed notepad clone for fiction writing instead of syntax, but I feel like that's mostly because I feel hemmed in by not understanding how to tackle software that doesn't involve the very basics.
>>
>>58165776
yay
>>
>>58165776
Jesus loves you
>>
>>58165794
>I would google some terms I'd invariably end up on a wiki where I'd put two and two together and just feel stupid.

That's what most people. Just keep going, them. Besides, you've just started learning programming. You'll get better.
>>
>>58165858
Also, a tip: don't waste money on codecademy.

I don't have experience on bootcamps, but I've heard it's good if you don't want to devote your time to a university course.
>>
>>58165794

what has been the LARGEST, by far, driver behind my learning process in Java was applying for Java developer jobs, entry-level positions.

Companies would send me an entry exam, and that forced me to learn tons of stuff. My skills tenfolded in weeks.
>>
>>58165794
What you've been doing so far is building up the base. Obviously nobody writes useful software in their first few weeks.
But you can break up even the most complicated software into basics, and this is what you should be doing. Set a goal, break it up into separate tasks, and try to figure out the solution for each one separately (planning is always important). This should help with "I don't know where to even start" or "I'm too overwhelmed" that stop so many programmers in their early stages.
>>
>>58165911
All I've ever gotten back were "Sorry, we went with someone else" responses.

;_;
>>
I need to find the last occurrence of a consecutive space character in a string (0x20 followed by a 0x20).
I tried the following but it returns the position of the last single space character:

std::string rawline = "Example string  I want this string here";

auto lastdoublespace = rawline.find_last_of(" ");
if (lastdoublespace != std::string::npos)
{
std::string result = rawline.substr(lastdoublespace+2);
std::cout << "Found : <" << result << ">\n";
}

Output is : "Found : <ere>"
>>
>99% of programmers don't remember Haskell's monad typeclass by heart
Is this true?
>>
>>58160349
might do some online challenges later. i actually was given a laptop by someone, which is what i'm posting on, but i need to set it up with linux and everything.
>>
How would you even go about creating a internet search site like google? Not so much the algorithm side, but the "how the fuck do I collect data in the first place" part. Do you just crawl through the entire IP address range trying to connect to potential webservers and index their contents? Do they restrict it to registered domains? Is there even a public consolidated source for all domain registrations or do they personally work out deals to get this information?
>>
>>58165924
That's how I've tackled projects so far, though each section generally involved problems I could figure out using some combination of loops, functions, and some kind of data structure.

I wouldn't know though where to start for a problem segment that involves stuff I've never come across or really understand, and my search usually sends me into a guide or code excerpt that I can't really translate into a different project (which makes me feel like I just copy code).

Say for example I wanted to make a multiplayer board game like connect 4. I can make the game mechanics and CLI/GUI pretty easily using what I already know, but then trying to make it so two instances of the game on two separate computers can play against one another is something else. I figured I could store the board and game information in a text file, but I don't know how to have it so the program itself would send this file rather than the user over e-mail or something.

It's shit like this that makes me wonder if I'm actually autistic after all. Thanks for your help though. I'll give it another shot next week. Maybe I'm just venting because this was the first week where I haven't felt like I made much progress or had much work done to show for the time I spent at the keyboard.
>>
>>58166094
well it's mainly web robots that just start at a page, then it scrapes all the urls on that page, then like adds it to a list and recursively visits all them links. main thing is storage to store all the urls, content of said urls, etc.

google is actually a fucking complex ass shit.
>>
>>58166126
Hadn't considered that approach, sounds like a good way to get popular sites at least even if it's not 100% thorough.

Yeah, I'm aware that it's a massive amount of data. I'm not planning on competing with google or anything, just want to do a toy project.
>>
>>58166185
ya just for a basic search engine you know what you said makes a lot of sense too it really doesn't matter what it's searching just long as it's searching.

try to write something that scrapes websites of all urls, then visit them urls, recursively. have it track all the urls it visits then count the number of urls it visits in say 2 hours. would be a fucking neat little project.
>>
>>58161317
>no supporting evidence
you don't need supporting evidence for shit that is clearly true

no supporting evidence that you're a dumbfuck but it's clearly true
>>
>>58165950

Use rfind, senpai. find_last_of searches for any character in the string parameter.
>>
Was doing some Java practice problems and want to see what you guys think. The problem is:
For each multiple of 10 in the given array, change all the values following it to be that multiple of 10, until encountering another multiple of 10. So {2, 10, 3, 4, 20, 5} yields {2, 10, 10, 10, 20, 20}.

The solution I gave was
public int[] tenRun(int[] nums) {
boolean replace = false;
int intReplace = 0;
for(int i = 0; i < nums.length; i++)
{
if(nums[i]%10 == 0)
{
replace = true;
intReplace = nums[i];
}

if(replace == true)
{
nums[i] = intReplace;
}
}
return nums;
}

What do you think? Could I have written is better using less variables?
>>
>>58166351
Thanks friendo
>>
>>58166414
if ( replace == true )

Can easily be:

if ( replace ) 
>>
>>58166447
Oh yeah. I forget that I can do that.
>>
>>58166414
What about just storing the last multiple of 10 as an int and replacing each array index value with it until you encounter the next?

That way you could just have one conditional and one variable to check if the current index is already divisible by 10, store it if it is, or replace it with the already stored value if it's not.
>>
File: SCR_1482694267.png (29KB, 228x518px) Image search: [Google]
SCR_1482694267.png
29KB, 228x518px
>>58166124
As with anything, there will be highs and lows.

One of my first projects was a game of Battleship.
It was written in Python, it had multiplayer, I played it with my friend, it was glorious.
Networking with sockets is REALLY simple (have one port open, initiate a connection, send bytes around), so you shouldn't have much trouble with that.
>>
>>58166616
Hey thanks, seems like there's already some material out there specifically for multiplayer Battleship. I practically forgot about the game after all this time.
>>
who here /programming/ on xmas day?
>>
>>58166703
There are no brakes on this train.
>>
>>58166674
>seems like there's already some material out there
Eeh, I'd probably recommend not reading any of that. The game is incredibly simple, why would you need to read anything for it specifically?

If you know how to GUI, the only thing left is networking. Look up how to work with sockets in your language of choice, and you're basically done. One PC is a server, another PC is a client, and they communicate -- there's nothing that can stop you if you can send bytes between computers.
>>
>>58166779
No no, I just meant looking up the networking and socket stuff. I could do offline single player Battleship with its own AI on my own no problem. Thanks again. I'm just realizing how little I know about any sort of networking to begin with.
>>
>>58166414
Look at my pretty program. Finds the positions of all the sequences of a number divisible by 10 followed by zero or more numbers not divisible by 10 and then sets them all equal to the list element of the first index (the number divisible by 10).
>>
>>58166837
It's really pretty.
>>
File: 1482206998598.png (226KB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
1482206998598.png
226KB, 400x379px
>>58166857
Domo
>>
>>58166837
I wonder if you could do this with parsec
>>
this = []
newstring = str(input('ceasar it: '))
for i in newstring:
hmm.append(i)
for i in hmm:
x = 0
if i == ' ':
this.append(i)
for y in nl:
if nl[x] == i:
x -= 4
this.append(nl[x])
break
x += 1
x = str()
for i in this:
x += i

was bored but it's pretty neat.

ceasar it:  was bored but it is pretty neat
uyq zmpcb zsr gr gq npcrrw lcyr
>>
what do people do after giving up on C++?

inb4 kys
>>
>>58167063

looks comfy
>>
>>58167105
c and haskell
>>
>>58160349
is there a website where i can see different more complicated programs/projects that are made by different languages. Having it shown/listed what language made what , so i can kinda get more clear view of what i can achieve with what
>>
professional HTML programmer here, ask me anything. Been in the industry for over 10 years. Expertise in HTML and CSS software development. Have shipped over 200+ HTML templates. ask me anything
>>
>>58167167
github lol
i think you can browse by language
>>
>>58167182
Why'd you do that to yourself?
>>
>>58167105
learn Haskell
>>
>>58167213

please sir, only HTML related algorithm and data structure questions. Serious talk only. Currently working on an HTML program that lets me know how much memory my botnet has left after people go to my wordpress website.
>>
>>58167116
oh it is. someone stole my laptop and i hadn't been able to really program for weeks. i was doing some euler online but got dissuaded at 12.

then today, or well last night, at my homeless shelter a volunteer there was like 'anon i bought a macbook for the holidays and you can have my old laptop'. he gave me an acer aspire 131. tomorrow once the library opens i'm going to put linux on it and i can actually get back to work :)
>>
>>58167105

Probably just tackle an easier language.

C++ is a rather complicated language, and although I learned it as my first language, I would not recommend this to others. I recommend learning C first so that C++ can be addressed as a separate language, and the higher level features can be introduced immediately without trying to hide away certain features as "magic that'll get explained later."
>>
>>58167354
C++ is awful.
Learn Haskell, it's got a more expressive type system and has less of the nonsense.
>>
>>58167387
C++ is great for individual projects.

But if you have to understand somebody else's code it's WTF WTF WTF
>>
>>58167063
Here is the same thing written in beautiful, functional, pointfree Haskell
main = forever $ interact (fmap $ head . (fix (flip flip pure . (liftM2 (<|>) .) . ap (ap . ((<|>) .) . ap ((>>) . guard . isAsciiLower) . flip flip ['a'..'z'] . (. ((. cycle) . dropWhile . (/=))) . (.) . drop) . ((ap ((>>) . guard . isAsciiUpper) . (fmap toUpper .)) .) . flip flip toLower . ((.) .))) 24)

Wouldn't you agree that this is much cleaner and more logical?
>>
>>58167428
Only if their comments aren't good
>>
>>58167428

That goes for most languages, though. When you read your own code, you usually have some idea of what you were thinking when you wrote it. You don't get an instruction manual for other people's code.
>>
>>58167451
>pointfree
>only one binding
please don't do this
>>
>>58167451
no.
>>
If I have a class in my code of which I will only ever create 1 instance during each runtime, should I insist on making it an object, or just call it static?
>>
>>58167466
There are so many ways to do shit and various styles in C++ that it's really a mindfuck.

Some less capable languages are very human-readable.
>>
>>58167387

>less of the nonsense
And more of other nonsense. But in any case, the areas where C++ is used, Haskell is often not that appropriate.

>>58167466

>You don't get an instruction manual for other people's code
You could over-comment your code so that it reads like an instruction manual. But then people will bitch that it's too verbose.
>>
>>58167522
>And more of other nonsense
avoidable library nonsense
>>
>>58167496
>There are so many ways to do shit and various styles in C++ that it's really a mindfuck.
That applies to most languages
>>
>>58167522
>>58167525
and even then, that's almost always 3rd party libraries

unlike C++ which is fucked at the language level AND at the library level (and at the tooling level)
>>
File: jh.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
jh.png
602KB, 963x720px
Should I learn how to create PowerShell scripts or should I just stick with batch scripts?
>>
>>58167567
PowerShell is better than batch
>>
>>58167567
Go home, winfag.
>>
how do i print out a xmas tree in C?
>>
File: 432.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>58167572
Alright, I guess I'll learn PowerShell desu.

>>58167573
Real men use both desu.
>>
>>58167579
You can't.
>>
>>58167596
>Posts frogs
>Uses windows
Kill yourself
>>
>>58167522
>But then people will bitch that it's too verbose.

People will always bitch. Sometimes there's too little commenting, sometimes there's too much, you didn't write the code like they would have, etc and so forth.
>>
>>58167605
How do you go about familiarizing yourself with a source code for the first time?
>>
>>58167579
>open an acii text file with a nice xmas tree
>and print it
>>
>>58167694
>frog image
>deleted
thank you Santa!
>>
>>58167720
I would prefer a public banning.
>>
File: 76.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
76.png
17KB, 900x900px
I think it's just a vocal minority complaining about frog posts desu.
>>
>>58167731
every little bit helps though

>>58167736
I think it's just a vocal minority that posts frogs
Soon to be dead minority
>>
>>58167736
Go back to facebook/reddit, you cancerous fuck.
>>
>>58167753
>>58167754
Stop getting autistic over a harmless frog.

Pepe isn't going anywhere anytime soon, /pol/ made sure of that.
>>
File: MuhFeminisms.jpg (250KB, 810x876px) Image search: [Google]
MuhFeminisms.jpg
250KB, 810x876px
>>58167772

>tfw alt-right
>>
File: 1479743237301.jpg (11KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479743237301.jpg
11KB, 300x255px
why the hostility towards Pepe?

had the Nazis had really successfully appropriated it?:(
>>
>>58167772
*Reddit

not that this correction makes any difference
>>
>>58167754
>unironicallly believing that the frog meme originated from facebook or reddit

How new are you?
>>
>>58167772
>harmless
Frogposters are without a doubt, the most retarded people on here, and all they do is shit the place up, and encourage other fuckwits to shit the place up.
It makes people think that redditors are welcome here.

Do the world a favour and end yourself.
>>
File: (You).png (403KB, 521x520px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
403KB, 521x520px
>>58167793
Because it's a stupid fucking meme and everyone who posts it is fucking cancer.

Get bent, frogposter.
you're going to hell

>>58167805
He didn't say it came from reddit, he told you to go back to r3ddit
>>
>>58167654
pls respond

is doxygen helpful? what else?
>>
>>58167805
I never said it was from reddit.
>>
File: 1481484842810.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481484842810.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>58167819
>Because it's a stupid fucking meme
says the fag posting japanese cartoon characters
>>
File: 432.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
432.png
103KB, 624x434px
>>58167811
You need stoicism in your life, lad, for 2017 set yourself a resolution to never get visibly angry or complain about anything ever again, including frogs.

You'll be happier for it.
>>
>>58167859
Last time I checked, this was an anime imageboard, not a retarded "normie" cancerous meme imageboard.
>>
File: TooManyFemaleProgrammers.jpg (28KB, 383x345px) Image search: [Google]
TooManyFemaleProgrammers.jpg
28KB, 383x345px
>>58167792
>>
>>58167874
>Last time I checked, this was an anime imageboard
>>>/a/
>>
>>58167859
Oh gee then why not fuck off to a website that isn't based around anime images?
Like, I dunno, reddit?
>>
>>58167567

If you're going to script on Windows, you should always prefer Powershell. Even if you're not using it for heavily .NET-oriented work, it has a much cleaner syntax than Batch, and is easier to maintain.

Comparing Powershell to Batch is like comparing Python to Perl. It's much easier to maintain Python. But strictly speaking, where Perl is a write-only language, Batch is a pain to both read AND write.

Outside of general scripting though, I would like to point out that Powershell is an excellent way to test class libraries written in .NET languages. Just load up a DLL using add-type and start firing off methods and seeing what works.
>>
>>58167879
>amount of garbage collectors is just fine
No wonder women don't go for C programmers.
>>
>>58167904
>>>/a/ and stay there
>>
>>58167914
hey that's pretty good
>>
>>58167914
*audible chuckle*
>>
>>58167891
>>58167924
Whoops, you seem to have made a common mistake.
You seem to think that boards are subreddits, and that there are no shared expectations.
That the website is "open to anyone", a multi-cultural website.
This is wrong. 4chan is not reddit. I can understand your confusion, since you are from reddit.
>>
>>58167986
the shared expectation is confining anime to >>>/a/, just like ponies must stay in >>>/mlp/
>>
>>58168012
What's /mlp/ got to do with anything?
Are you a fucking brony or something?
Oh, is that it?
You're butthurt about GR15, aren't you?
Please keep the shitposting to qa.
>>
New thread:

>>58168017
>>58168017
>>58168017
>>
>>58168012
Go complain about the anime OP picture in the next thread.
>>
>>58168032
>Are you a fucking brony or something?
an animefag denigrating others ?

actual lol
>>
File: 1465681123914.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465681123914.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>58168097
>he actually is a brony
holy shit
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.