[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I turn a Windows 10 people into a Nas Machine with cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: windows-10-ft.jpg (131KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-ft.jpg
131KB, 660x330px
How can I turn a Windows 10 people into a Nas Machine with cloud features?

How can I add the ability to remotely fetch files on a windows 10 machine? I want to be able to grab and move files from my laptop and my phone.
>>
You should enter that last sentence into a search engine of your choice. That should be enough
>>
>>58158735
It keeps telling me to use One Drive or some service that requires a monthly fee. I just want some software that is decent. Willing to pay a one time fee if its good
>>
>>58158779
ssh
>>
Try installing gentoo
>>
>>58158714
>turn a Windows 10 people into a Nas Machine with cloud features
>>
BitTorrent sync
>>
>>58159751
This.
/thread
>>
>>58158714
I use FreeNAS with NextCloud and use WebDAV to sync with all devices. The main issue is connectivity from outside your home network, which I address by using my router's VPN feature, but you could manage with port forwarding and dynamic DNS instead (though this is less secure). Alternatively, you could get a VPS or cloud instance and host your files there, then mount locally wherever you are.

Using FreeNAS reduces expenditures solely to hardware and electrical costs, which are negligible if you recycle old hardware to build your NAS. You don't have to pay a subscription, and you don't have to give some company access to your shit.
>>
File: freenas.png (23KB, 727x227px) Image search: [Google]
freenas.png
23KB, 727x227px
>>58160076
So you have old hardware with 8GB+ ram and 1GB per TB storage on top of that?
>>
>>58158714
Fuck off normie
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.