[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread we come up with ideas to do the most damage to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

In this thread we come up with ideas to do the most damage to cable companies.

We all hate them, surely there's damage to be done.
>>
>>58158296
Aside from piracy and switching ISPs to Google Fiber or something similar, there really isn't much that can be done.
>>
>>58158333
Mirari begs to differ.
>>
>>58158296
Go off the grid.
>>
I found that I could buy a modem and register it at any address in 5 minutes with post paid billing no credit check and it will work. Shit load of implications with that which I don't wish to expand upon at this moment
>>
>>58158296
I already cut my cable and phone, if anything I am telegraphing my need of an Internet service loudly.
>>
>>58158296
Get unlimited 4G LTE and don't pay them
>>
>>58158685

>go on...
>>
>>58158296
I think wifi mesh routers are going to seriously buttfuck the telecom industry in the next few years. Neighbors are going to start sharing internet service
>>
>>58158296

I think some kind of massive DDOS of their default DNS servers would send a message but the message would have to be conveyed as to why it is happening.

Publicizing their shitty practices with a smear campaign on social media and print outside of their control would also do some serious damage.

If I had the fuck you money I would smear the cable companies so hard
>>
>>58158296
A new, cheap, free, fast form of internet that doesn't depend on cables or physical infrastructure and has no data caps, like billions of satellites just floating in the atmosphere acting like mega-routers.
>>
>>58159538
You can already do that now by setting up a hotspot.

As for the wifi mesh routers the bottleneck is not wifi itself but half-duplex wifi. If you could figure out a way to get two routers to communitate in full duplex then you would have enough bandwith to seriously fuck with the ISPs.
>>
The real nail in the coffin would be local and state governments deploying internet as a utility like a few places have done
>>
Refuse to buy TV services, pay only for internet. Buy HDTV antennas for local channels.

There's not really any other way to hurt them easily, unless you want to become an anti-telecom lobbyist or something.
>>
>>58159586
Or we bypass internet completely and do our shitposting and fapping telepathically on the planetary noosphere.
>>
>>58159630
You pay more money by not buying TV services. They make bundles cheaper.
>>
>>58159652
Pfft. I could pay ~70/month if I had to only get internet. Because my mom refuses to give up cable TV, I am forced to pay ~160 a month to get the TV+Internet bundle. Only telecom marketers would fall for "the bundle is cheaper"
>>
>>58158296
A fake news smear campaign. Make 2017 2016 again.
>>
>>58159622
but anon that's illegal because CoxcastizonT&T says so
>>
Google becomes a wireless internet service provider and spreads everywhere. That should hopefully happen since Google Fiber failed.
>>
>>58159652

Incorrect, TWC top tier internet is $80/mo where as the cheapest full bundle is $120 under promotion.

I have assisted several people in switching to their own hardware and internet only TV streaming setups
>>
>>58158296
put padlocks on cable boxes in your neighborhood
>>
>>58158296
stop purchasing their products
>>
>>58159691

This too,

They were doing some crazy tests in the desert with ultra high wattage transmission that reached states away

http://www.zdnet.com/article/googles-hush-hush-100kw-transmitter-in-new-mexico-desert-whats-going-on-at-skybender-test-site/
>>
>>58159694
I heard this about Comcast.
>>
>>58159722
I have no choice, I either buy their internet or I go without
>>
>>58159652
Bundles are only cheaper than paying for things separately, you fucking retard.
>>
>>58159681

Theres nothing they can do to prevent them from laying infrastructure to each house and have local ISPs that use the city infrastructure
>>
>can only get your full Internet speed when no one else is using the Internet
>monthly bandwidth limits
>port filtering from cable HQ
>tech support can only troubleshoot game consoles
>shitty service overall
Why are these fucks still in service when ADSL is clearly superior?
>muh moneys
>>
>>58159630

People are reallt ignorant to the other options I evangelize the cord cutter life to all my coworkers

Flat mudflap boosted antenna in the window
HD homerun if necessary
Roku or google TV sticks
Purchasing your own modem
Ooma or vonage for home phone
Sling TV or Playstation Vue
Neflix and Amazon prime

The Time Warner/ Spectrum merger has taken it to a new level of shity on the customer support side. I help others navigate the crap and avoid fees for TV boxes and shit they don't need.
>>
>>58159788

>adsl
>superior

i fucking wish because i hate my cable isp.

But dsl here is 3mbps second down and 1 up. compared to cable at 60mbps down and 6 up
>>
>>58159763
>Theres nothing they can do to
rest assured the ISPs are hard at work drafting legislature ensuring such Big Government Regulatory Overreach is curtailed to Ensure A Free, Open Market™® and to Make the Internet Great Again™®
>>
>>58159803
Where shitty place do you live at? I'm a the third world and we get cable fiber ADSL service up to 200Mb/s. It is more expensive than cable but they don't bullshit you.
>>
T-mobile one plus, no more cable companies
>>
If you really want to get mad watch this old Tek Syndicate episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIOcbclh370

All the tax breaks that the telco companies were provided and we were promised fiber services to every home in the early 00's

The level of shaft they have given us is redicilious when you look at the rest of the world with their symmetrical 250/250 for $20.mo
>>
>>58159820
thats because the united states is ass backwards when it comes to internet.

i also live in Montana which doesnt help
>>
>>58159763
That would help small ISPs. The government would get sued.
>>
>>58159820

ADSL is separate from fiber that's a optical vs a copper connection
>>
>>58159833
>the rest of the world with their symmetrical 250/250 for $20.mo

but anon those speeds are communist and cuck. are you a communist and cuck?

besides you can't even watch netflix at 250/250, it would all be a blur.

and if you browsed the internet that fast you would get whiplash which would make you a parasite burden on obama cuck care that I pay for out of my taxes

1/.5 is plenty fast and it's also safer for you and anything otherwise is some leftist cuck bullshit
>>
>>58159901

keep the bandwidth small

>like Trumps hands
>>
File: christina-casper-GC.jpg (34KB, 467x410px) Image search: [Google]
christina-casper-GC.jpg
34KB, 467x410px
>>58159586
>satellites dont connect to physical backbone infrastructure
>>
in reality nothing is going to get better until the old curmudgeoney asshats that run all this shit are dead and out of power and younger people that understand the internet is something that is profitable by itself not bonded to media companies that push their content
>>
>>58159912
his hands are not small yours are just too large because of the leftist agenda
#makehandssmallagain

besides he will give us the best, the greatest, and he's gonna tell you, the best, the finest bandwidth. China? Forgetaboutit. He's gonna bring all the bandwidth back to the United States after the communist leftism cuck Obama sold it to Africa. We're not gonna need faster internet because the cyber. The smallest cyber you can imagine. The greatest, the best, China,.
>>
>>58159934

Backbone isn't the one fucking us, Cogent and Level 3 Communications have Terabytes of backbone the problem is the companies that distribute to your house
>>
>>58159947

top kek

>The smallest cyber you can imagine
>>
>>58159947
the scary thing is this would pass as an actual donald trump quote
>>
>>58159947

This needs to be a Trump sentence generator
>>
>On DSL
>VDSL2
>74mbps down 19 up
>No slow downs ever
>24.50 a month

Feels good man
>>
>>58158685
>>58159519
Yes, do go on...
>>
>>58159912
>handwidth
>>
>>58161533

where?
>>
>>58159538
It requires a move by hardware manufacturers. If this is Google's plan it's fucking brilliant.
>>
>>58159959
This, Level3 actually has a serious problem with last mile providers overloading ports.
>>
File: Roberts-Offical-Headshot-2011.jpg (353KB, 744x930px) Image search: [Google]
Roberts-Offical-Headshot-2011.jpg
353KB, 744x930px
You punch this guy in the face.
>>
>>58161695

Googles already making their own routers now
>>
>>58161705

Another example of how they are fucking the end user over provisioning their backbone. They refuse to pay for more bandwidth from Level3
>>
>>58158296
Got Time Warner? Research the "Everyday Low Price Plan". i now pay $25 where I was paying $70 just to stream stuff online or read news articles.
>>
>>58158296
Keep net neutrality. That's what can be done.
>>
>>58158296
Just find the cables and cut them.
>>
>>58159538
>sharing internet service with a stranger
sounds great until illegal shit originates on your connection and then you have to start logging and acting like an ISP so that you can redirect authorities to them instead of them coming after you for CP etc.
>>
>>58161695
Holy shit. I feel like that might be why they have something like 13 radios in them dedicated to wifi.
>inb4 /x/
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.