[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I'm going insane. 1 week ago, my PSU failed, taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161223_152021_581.jpg (89KB, 1600x1217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161223_152021_581.jpg
89KB, 1600x1217px
/g/ I'm going insane. 1 week ago, my PSU failed, taking the motherboard along with it. Luckily, it's almost Christmas, so I had some relative cash to replace the PSU & mobo. My new mobo was DOA. My new PSU was also DOA, so I returned them both for new replacements. My next order gave me a perfectly fine mobo, however, after assembling my PC, it wouldn't boot so I tested the PSU and it was.....DOA. At this point I thought I was doing something wrong so once I returned the PSU and the next one came in I took everything to my friend who runs a local PC shop. He confirmed not only that I was doing everything correctly and just unlucky, but the next PSU I brought him was....DOA. However, all this bad luck was soon to end. I ordered yet another PSU after that, and my PC worked fine. But, 4 hours later, like clockwork, it failed. Now I am here, very pissed off.

What is going on /g/? So far I've:

>Bought multiple different brands of PSU
>Used a different outlet everytime, (I've tried this in 2 houses as well as said local shop)
>Used different cables everytime
>Bought a (barely) used PSU to ensure I was buying something that worked

I'm sorry for clogging up the catalog, but the autists at reddit are non-helpful as always. What do?

Pic related, one of the many PSU's to fail
>>
>>58148639
Stop being a dumbass and shorting things out.
Pay a professional to assemble the damn thing because you obviously aren't able to.
>>
>>58148724
Like I said, I took it to a professional.
>>
The chances of that many DOA products in a row is pretty much 0%, either you or your houses wiring are part of the problem here.
>>
>>58148639

The Supernova 1050G is a SeaSonic PSU, there is no way you got multiple failed SeaSonic drives in a row, their defect rate is not high enough for that to be the case for multiple failures to a single person, you'd probably be more likely to win the lottery.

Are you plugging these fucking things into 220v outlets?
>>
>>58148803
>my friend who runs a local PC shop
taking it to a fat ass amateur who thinks he's a professional because he was a "shop" isn't a professional.
>>
>>58150472
Your ass is grass.

Fuck off my thread.
>>
>>58148639
Buy some power conditioner or something like that? I believe they were not really DOA.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.