[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't pirating wrong? Are you not taking a sale away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1475593598936.png (28KB, 957x751px) Image search: [Google]
1475593598936.png
28KB, 957x751px
Why isn't pirating wrong? Are you not taking a sale away from the artists when you pirate music?
>>
Yeah... Piracy is like having sex with a prostitute for free.
>>
>>58137906
I am poor as beggar and they are very rich. I don't feel bad at all.
>>
>>58137906
Nah. You know what I did when I wanted a tape or a cd as a kid?
i did without
>>
>>58137906
Don't give a shit, the world is for the taking and not for the goyim.
>>
>>58137966
>not recording off the radio
>>
you either pirate it, or just do without.
thus it is not theft, since they do not miss out on anything.
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/15/does-piracy-cause-economic-harm-how-to-think-about-economic-frontiers/#36bbe9101e79

Tim O'Reily said this some time ago:
>I found myself profoundly disturbed by something that seems to me to go to the root of the problem in Washington," he writes, "the failure to correctly diagnose the problem we are trying to solve, but instead to accept, seemingly uncritically, the claims of various interest groups.

>In the entire discussion, I've seen no discussion of credible evidence of this economic harm. There's no question in my mind that piracy exists, that people around the world are enjoying creative content without paying for it, and even that some criminals are profiting by redistributing it. But is there actual economic harm?

>In my experience at O'Reilly, the losses due to piracy are far outweighed by the benefits of the free flow of information, which makes the world richer, and develops new markets for legitimate content. Most of the people who are downloading unauthorized copies of O'Reilly books would never have paid us for them anyway; meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of others are buying content from us, many of them in countries that we were never able to do business with when our products were not available in digital form.

>History shows us, again and again, that frontiers are lawless places, but that as they get richer and more settled, they join in the rule of law. American publishing, now the largest publishing industry in the world, began with piracy. [...]

>If the goal is really to support jobs and the American economy, internet "protectionism" is not the way to do it.
>>
Yes, you are, but for most markets the effect is minimal and doesn't even directly harm the producer, just the local distributor way at the bottom of the chain.

There are exceptions, though. Comics can have their runs canceled for their readership dropping by small margins, on the scale of tens of thousands of readers. That's a scale where enough people deciding to pirate rather than purchase could have a legitimate effect on the ongoing availability of a work.
>>
How is it a sale if i was never gonna buy it?
>>
>>58138515
Why are you consuming a work if you didn't intend to buy it?
>>
>>58138524
Why wouldnt i?
>>
>>58137906
lol idgaf
>>
Apple Music, Spotify, Youtube.

Netflix, HBO.

My pirating is limited to shows not available for streaming.
>>
It's a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark.
>>
Corporate whiners like to think we will buy their products if there was no other way to obtain it. No, you are not taking a sale away. Besides, I've bought things after pirating them if I want them to make more of that shit. Mango, vidya, soundtracks, etc. are all good examples.
>>
>>58138556
This. I'm not saying it makes it right, but it makes me feel good about my life.
>>
>>58138556
>streaming
>implying I have access to the internet at all times
>implying mobile carriers have true unlimited plans that don't jew the fuck out of you
Local storage or bust. Some are implementing it, but I have to use their disgusting players. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>58137906
Most profits are coming from lives and not from CD sales anyway.
>>
>I am entitled to other people's hard work
Cancerous millennials
>>
>>58138649
>Only millennials pirate
>>
Not giving (You) (You)r easy (You).
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>58138607

Mobile carriers do have unlimited plans, Finland here

The convenience of netflix and hbo are amazing

Hopefully amazon is here soon like they said, these services cost nothing. I spend more on lunch in three days.
>>
>>58138607
>>58138556
I have spotify premium and rip music right off of it in glorious 320kbit/s
>>
>>58137906
property is a spook my nigga
>>
>>58137906
>is pirating wrong
Yes stealing and killing on the high seas is wrong, in my opinion.

>neither are you not not taking the lack of a sale without pirating
This is a troll.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.