[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of elitebooks? Thinking of buying a 2570p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: hp-elitebook-2570p_1.jpg (35KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
hp-elitebook-2570p_1.jpg
35KB, 770x433px
What does /g/ think of elitebooks?

Thinking of buying a 2570p or 2560p and upgrading it to a quad core.

Thoughts?
Any reasons why this wouldn't work?

Any reason why Lenovo prevented its x230/20 customers from doing the same?
>>
I have an elitebook 8440p and I like it
happy to see the 2570p still has a clit mouse and physical buttons, even if the keyboard is sunk in

I hate every new laptop I have seen
>>
I love my 2730p, equivalent to X200T, but i like it better. As for quadcore, not sure - if the CPU isn't BGA-ed in and has a socket, you're often limited to the same FSB speed and microarchitecture (Pentryn, Nehalem, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge etc.) Hard to say.
>>
Used a 2560p during an exchange semester for six months - i7, 8GB RAM, SSD. Great laptop, can't really go wrong with it. The only downside I can see is that it's a little bulky and heavy for bringing to school every day; it's definitely not an ultrabook.
>>
>>58133643
Yeah I'll obviously stick to same arch/gen.

HP has a list of compatible processors, so I'd just pick a quad core off that.

>>58133666
That's not really an issue for me satan, I don't mind bulky laptops as long as they're not shit.

How's the touchpad? It looks really small.

>>58133626
8470p would be my section choice.
>8440p
Would you consider upgrading to an 8470p or 8560/70p and putting in a quad core like I'm planning to?
>>
>>58133584

Lol. Enjoy your botnet, faggot.
>>
File: ewqe.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ewqe.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>58133584
i dont like hp crap

worst fanprofiles ever
locked down bios
terrible screens
>>
>Jewlett-Packard
>>
>>58133714
>Would you consider upgrading to an 8470p or 8560/70p and putting in a quad core like I'm planning to?
yeah, I'd totally consider it but it's not like I have any knowledge of whether it'd work or not
and to be honest all I really look for in a laptop is a clit mouse and physical buttons, probably going hp when I have to get a new laptop
>>
>>58133726

Lol, as if the Thinkpad BIOS isn't locked up and DRM'ed to the brim. Also last time i was looking for spare parts, Elitebooks and Thinkpads used the same LCD panels from the same manufacturer down to the same model number in some series...
>>
>>58133772
would an ips screen from the x230 work on the elitebook 2560/70p?

That would be really awesome.
>>
File: hp-pavilion-15-au072sa.jpg (164KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
hp-pavilion-15-au072sa.jpg
164KB, 1500x844px
>>58133750
hol up u tellin me dese colors look good

Its been a serious issue since forever lol
>>
>>58133814
>pavillion

So now that it's confirmed our resident HP hate fag Itt is a tech illiterate child, I think it's safe to say that he has nothing of value to offer to this thread and should be ignored completely.
>>
>>58133714
Satan here
It was pretty damn small, but I made do. I had a small mouse I used sometimes, but otherwise I just had the touchpad settings on high sensitivity so I wouldn't have to keep lifting my finger.
Keyboard was great for a laptop, speakers were pretty tinny.
Oh yeah also it got pretty damn hot under load, but that was mostly because of >vidya.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.