[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think my roommate just water boarded my PC >be me >poorfag.exe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So I think my roommate just water boarded my PC

>be me
>poorfag.exe
>rent room in old ass plantation style house from the mid 1800s
>it's a modular that was tacked on sometime after the house was built, so no dedicated heating except drafts from other parts of house
>GTX580 + free electricity + furmark = heater
>ran it a lot longer than usual one day (guess I forgot to switch off when I got warm)
>roommate walks in, immediately goes "LAWD JEESUS ARE YOU TRYING TO COOK US" and pops the window all the way open
>old ass house + budget cutting slumlord = no screens on windows
>decent snowstorm outside, not a shitpot of it but there are like 20mph winds so it's somewhat aggravated by that
>gusts of snow start blowing in the room
>notice some settling on top of my PC
>it starts condensing almost immediately because PC is hotter than satan's nutsack
>remember I scratched the solid part of my top panel like a week ago so I took it off
>InstantDread.exe
>rush to get rag and wipe the top filter before it's too late
>ItsTooLateFucker.jpg
>three or four big water drops fall into running PSU and some more on top of GPU board
>hear loud, pervasive sizzling for 2 seconds then PC hard shuts off

Typing this on netbook from 2011 that I found in the closet. What do /g/?
>>
>>58131348
>What do /g/?
tl;dr
have you considered suicide?
there are helplines to call, they let you know how to do it more effectively, i suggest asking them.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>58131348
>murder roommate
>sell his shit
>???
>profit
>>
>>58131348
buy new shit and pay attention next time

oh and install gentoo
>>
>>58131348

Sucks to be you. I'm still using a energy devouring GTX580 myself.

I suggest you buy some old workstation and upgrade the GPU/PSU.
>>
he broke it, he must pay for it
>>
>>58131844
>using fermi
>ever
ishyddt
>>
>>58131348
Replace the PSU and go from there
>>
>>58131348

>what do /g/?

Buy a new PC.
>>
>>58131348
Wtf why did you watch it happen? I once spilled a glass of piss on my desk and the first thing I did upon realizing it could drop into computer was unplug immediately.
>>
Maybe you should have bought a $5 heater you stupid shit
Alternatively buy a better fucking power supply. I dumped a literal pint of water on my seasonic and nothing happened. I shut it off and waited two hours and turned it back on. Typing from it now.
>>
>>58131348
>I scratched the solid part of my top panel
the what of what?

was the case open?
>>
>>58131348
You should have pulled the power cable immediately
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.